Softest and/or Best Wedge for Touch Shots?

A lot of good info covered here so far. I want to add that the feel of where you strike the face, for me, has the largest influence on my buying decision. I tend to hit just a little closer to the toe side on pitches and chips so wedges that have their sweet spot a little out that way feel good to me.

All the forged vs cast vs metal A vs B really doesn't play much "real" difference in selecting a wedge for myself. If the sweet spot is where I deliver strike, and that sweet spot delivers flight I'm looking for, my brain translates that all to "feels" good :act-up:

I also like softer shafts in my lob wedges (my chipping club). Since I rarely full swing the club I like the way a softer shaft translates the information to my hands. I'm currently playing the Glide with CFS Wedge in my 58 and it's a touch stiffer than I prefer but it's okay. I usually have the S300/400 in my wedge. For my lob I usually use the 8 iron S300 shaft instead of wedge for it. Feels a bit smoother, probably all mental though.

Right now I'm excited about trying the MacDaddy 2 PM grind in 58. I think that's going to be a winner, it just appears like it will have a nice pop towards the toe side, which is prefer. The MacDaddy 2 T grind is still my favorite wedge. Will probably put them back in the bag soon.

Only way you'll find the right wedge is probably hitting them all =)

Well, I have an SM4 and whatever was immediately before that (SM3?). I agree, on short game shots, absent hitting the absolute sweet spot, you can feel it in your hands. But at the same time, when just barely missing the sweet spot, I get essentially the same performance out of the club. I just figured that's how blade wedges were.

~Rock

The KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 is not a very high launching shaft. Kim Braly describes it as mid across the board.

I think that is interesting in terms of how they made that shaft -- mid launch but with an active tip for more spin. On the KBS site, it describes the spin as on the high side. It would be interesting to read feedback.

I think that is interesting in terms of how they made that shaft -- mid launch but with an active tip for more spin. On the KBS site, it describes the spin as on the high side. It would be interesting to read feedback.

KBS on their website also lists the shaft as mid.
Take a look at the DG Spinner shaft. It did not increase launch to increase spin. In fact many would argue the opposite.

Back