Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Be interested to hear your thoughts on your game for your Legacy Journey after the weekend. Played a lot of golf with a lot of THPers, including some that you will be with in Myrtle Beach this July.
It was educational.

I'm not in good enough shape, I was mentally and physically dead after 27 holes on Saturday. I got to the point where I just couldn't focus anymore and called it quits. On the other hand, playing with a bunch of THPers was no big thing, I've been doing that since I started back playing golf in January. Whether it's under pressure situations or just for fun, it's almost always better than random pairings if you just show up at a course to play.

I learned at Pine Dunes that waste bunkers aren't actually a hazard for Texas players. I've hit off worse than that between the cart path and the fairway on local courses. At least the sand has a little give--consistency is exactly the same as our fairways in the winter. Around here you can miss a fairway and end up hitting off rocks, roots, *really* hard packed dirt, etc. You get good at picking shots clean.

I did get some opportunities to play some smart bogey golf that would have made Dev proud. I also had some blow-up holes where I could hear him saying "just let it go, keep playing, every shot counts".

Finally, Shakey and lightningbolt44 are first class dudes. We got to hang out over lunch on Sunday after the round. Can't wait to see them again in July.

good stuff Dave.

Physical conditioning is a big deal. It's gonna be hot and miserable. We are going to be amped up and feeling the pressure. No need to add more stress by feeling physically exhausted. I am sure you will be ready, AV.

My order is in as well, CTaper lite shafts in reg and pearl black wedge shafts in reg!!

not messing around, I like it.

and I also like the black pearl wedge shaft choices!

Physical conditioning is a big deal. It's gonna be hot and miserable. We are going to be amped up and feeling the pressure. No need to add more stress by feeling physically exhausted. I am sure you will be ready, AV.

It absolutely is. Late nights, VERY long days and a mental drain of wanting to win. I worked hard before injury during my time in this type of event (one with long rounds and staff days) and thanked myself very much for it. The humidity will literally take the breath out of you.

I have to ramp up my conditioning leading up to this but it has been started already. No way do I want to let my team down because my body gets tired and worn down.

I have to ramp up my conditioning leading up to this but it has been started already. No way do I want to let my team down because my body gets tired and worn down.
My advice is to get to a place where you can walk 10 miles a day while swinging a golf club. What got me last year was both courses being CPO for most of the weekend, and it was basically like walking 18 a few days in a row. I was ready for golf, but wasn't prepared for the walking, and that's what hurt me by the end of Saturday. Those last few holes were a struggle.

I'm excited to get my order in - likely will wait until a bit later in the week to see if I can get one more demo session with the Wilson Staff irons and KBS shafts.

I know it has been said before but I will say it again DO NOT underestimate the heat and humidity in myrtle in July. If you think you have been in the same approach it like you haven't. Not only do we have golf but we have other things that will take energy and build our excitement. You can work on your swing all you want but if you are not physically ready to go all the work will be a waste. Prepare for the worst if you get there and think it is not that bad (you won't) at least you were prepared.

I spent 13 weeks in Marine Corps boot camp on Parris Island, SC. I know CplJohnst and other THPers did too. I think I am qualified to say that the humidity is going to be awful. The only way to prepare for it is to learn how to embrace being miserable. The excitement of the event can carry you for a while, but if you aren't ready, it's going to be torture.

I spent 13 weeks in Marine Corps boot camp on Parris Island, SC. I know CplJohnst and other THPers did too. I think I am qualified to say that the humidity is going to be awful. The only way to prepare for it is to learn how to embrace being miserable. The excitement of the event can carry you for a while, but if you aren't ready, it's going to be torture.

I really took that part seriously last time. I lost 15 lbs and was really ready to go. Thank goodness too, because even with that, on that final day, I had to dig deep into the reserve to get it together. Mediocrity was not something I wanted and while the golf game can come and go, my energy level was really important to me. I owed it to the other guys on my team, to no matter what, give it my all.

If there is any saving grace so to speak about the heat and humidity, is that it's a little easier to loosen up in the morning. You shouldn't have to use so much time and energy on the range before you tee off. That's all going to be player specific of course, but it's a bit of silver lining.

People really should take that conditioning seriously though. If many of the people who have played in past events there are saying it's important, someone should probably take note.

If there is any saving grace so to speak about the heat and humidity, is that it's a little easier to loosen up in the morning. You shouldn't have to use so much time and energy on the range before you tee off. That's all going to be player specific of course, but it's a bit of silver lining.

People really should take that conditioning seriously though. If many of the people who have played in past events there are saying it's important, someone should probably take note.
It's something I have been harping on these guys for a while about. I know it was what got me through the MC the way I did. Had I not gotten myself in physical shape I would have crumbled in that heat and humidity. People underestimate it but it's very real.

Also, when you don't think you can drink another drop of water and you feel like you are about to bust, fill'er up and have some more! By the next hole, you will have lost a lot and thirst will come again quickly. Don't let the physical conditioning part sneak up on you. Plenty of time to make a difference in this area.

JM

multiple towels and gloves FTW

multiple towels and gloves FTW

If you look around in some stores, you can buy some of those no sweat product and it helps a lot when it comes to sweat on your hands.

If you look around in some stores, you can buy some of those no sweat product and it helps a lot when it comes to sweat on your hands.
This...was huge for me. Forgot what it was I used...but it was like a lotuin that turned to powder.

Take note people about the heat/humidity and fitness hydration. Do not let this not be part of your prep.

This...was huge for me. Forgot what it was I used...but it was like a lotuin that turned to powder.

Take note people about the heat/humidity and fitness hydration. Do not let this not be part of your prep.
Gold bond spray powder and compression shorts. I'll let Jman tell the tale of Saturday afternoon without those items...

Very cool to wake up to your first equipment PM, I love that Brisgestone guys are getting black pearl wedge shafts they will go perfect with the black oxide heads.

Very cool to wake up to your first equipment PM, I love that Brisgestone guys are getting black pearl wedge shafts they will go perfect with the black oxide heads.

should be a great looking combo at the bottom of the bag

Im looking at White Pearl....maybe a little salt and pepper combo or Oreo double stuff if you will. Black grips, Pearl white Shaft, black head.

Im looking at White Pearl....maybe a little salt and pepper combo or Oreo double stuff if you will. Black grips, Pearl white Shaft, black head.

sounds tasty

Back