The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry and yes it is painful my doc told me it can last up to a yr and yes mine did the only thing you can really do is rest it and DON'T over do it as in rest the arm. The only other thing is a arm brace which helped me a lot as far as the pain goes.. good luck .....

th

A year?!?! Nah, man! The gym needs me! Thanks, as I'll actually check out that brace. But THE...GYM...NEEDS...ME!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tennis elbow. Hurts like a sunuvab*tch, and it doesn't even have a cool name. I think I'm just gonna call it wood chopper's or bear skinner's elbow instead.
Couldn't even grip a bowl of oatmeal to get it out of the microwave this morning.
Now on a steady, 4 hour rotation of 1000mg acetaminophen and 800mg ibuprofen.

Look up the Starr Rehab. High reps and high sets. Make that tendon stronger.

Also, it will hurt you more than you can hurt it. It will hurt a lot, but your arm won't fall off.

Elbows are no joke to rehab, I'm still in the process of ensuring that I never have to take a long time off again because of it.

And I have to agree with blugold, high reps in the gym. I did it for rehab and I'm still doing it for prevention. The side effects of the rehab aren't bad either.

I have tennis elbow. Hurts like a sunuvab*tch, and it doesn't even have a cool name. I think I'm just gonna call it wood chopper's or bear skinner's elbow instead.
Couldn't even grip a bowl of oatmeal to get it out of the microwave this morning.
Now on a steady, 4 hour rotation of 1000mg acetaminophen and 800mg ibuprofen.

I have mentioned this many times, but when I had it, I finally mentioned it to my chiropractor and he popped my elbow and it was better. He told me if I had told him after it hurt for a week, I wouldn't have had to deal with it for three months.

I'm not sure anyone on here I have mentioned it to have done, actually did it, but it sure worked for me. I still took the time off, but I wasn't in pain after the adjustment.

GolfTown's web site is so useless. Don't say free shipping if anything larger than a tee doesn't qualify.

You suck Golf Town!

I have mentioned this many times, but when I had it, I finally mentioned it to my chiropractor and he popped my elbow and it was better. He told me if I had told him after it hurt for a week, I wouldn't have had to deal with it for three months.

I'm not sure anyone on here I have mentioned it to have done, actually did it, but it sure worked for me. I still took the time off, but I wasn't in pain after the adjustment.
The chiropractor tried the same thing with mine, but it was too far gone already and I had already done permanent damage to the tendon.

Look up the Starr Rehab. High reps and high sets. Make that tendon stronger.

Also, it will hurt you more than you can hurt it. It will hurt a lot, but your arm won't fall off.
I'll check this out. If it involves lifting, under any capacity, I'm in!

I'll make a trip to the chiropractor this week. See what he can do. Luckily is still free for me to get this done. At least for the next couple weeks.

The chiropractor tried the same thing with mine, but it was too far gone already and I had already done permanent damage to the tendon.
At least you tried! I suffered through mine and then took a month off after MC2012. Saw the chiropractor a couple days after it and even though I felt better right away, I still took a month off and haven't had it occur again.

I'll check this out. If it involves lifting, under any capacity, I'm in!

I'll make a trip to the chiropractor this week. See what he can do. Luckily is still free for me to get this done. At least for the next couple weeks.

Yup. Just over working the affected area. For tennis elbow, something like reverse wrist curls. Light weight. Work in 100-200 reps in a training session. In-between sets of other lifts. Do not rest it. Rest will make the pain go away, but not fix the reason for the pain.

At least you tried! I suffered through mine and then took a month off after MC2012. Saw the chiropractor a couple days after it and even though I felt better right away, I still took a month off and haven't had it occur again.
I actually started feeling some pain in my wrist and then my elbow but decided to keep playing through it. Then I was playing with Ron and ended up hitting a root with an iron shot that partially disconnected the tendon. Finished the round and 2 days later, I couldn't function with my right arm. 9 months and a surgery later, I'm finally able to swing a club again.

My lesson: don't ignore pain, get it checked out and take the time off that you need. It's either that or you'll get a long forced lay-off that you don't want. I lost all last season because I didn't go see my doc when the pain started and wouldn't take the time off.

Yup. Just over working the affected area. For tennis elbow, something like reverse wrist curls. Light weight. Work in 100-200 reps in a training session. In-between sets of other lifts. Do not rest it. Rest will make the pain go away, but not fix the reason for the pain.

I could do this. I do reverse grip curls already, twice a week. Only issue is I was doing heavier weights 60lbs barbell for only 8-10 reps and it was relegated to usually being my last exercise, after I had already pretty much fatigued.

I could do this. I do reverse grip curls already, twice a week. Only issue is I was doing heavier weights 60lbs barbell for only 8-10 reps and it was relegated to usually being my last exercise, after I had already pretty much fatigued.

Light reverse wrist curls. Mix in a set of 10 between every set or until you reach 100 reps.

Yesterday = outside golf.

Today = NyQuil induced comma.

I hate being sick.

I hate being sick.

Feel better, Pete. At least you've got the Masters to watch.

I hate being sick.

That sucks man. I hope you kick it quickly, especially since golf weather's actually finally here.

My rant - sliced my right index finger open right at the side of the top knuckle while trying to fix my bike today. So not only did I not get to go on a bike ride with my son, my finger's killing me and the cut opens every time I bend my finger all the way.

Let's see this week...
I got the flu and spent two rather eventful days between bed and the bathroom.
Got our (biggest ever) tax bill.
The water pump in my wife's car took a crap.

The Official Rant of the Day

18th hole.
Green has River running in front of it.
2 nesting Geese.
One is a little aggressive and flaps wings,hisses,and chases people.

A course employee comes down with a golf club, swinging at the bird.
I calmly tell him to leave the bird alone.

"He chases people, and if we let it he will keep doing it, we have to whack it"

My reply was a not as calm "you whack that bird, I'm going to whack you!"

No kidding the bird is aggressive, she's nesting.

Missed two 4 footers today (one was for $20), but drilled two putts from over 20 feet, one from the fringe. This game is so stupid and awesome at the same time.

18th hole.
Green has River running in front of it.
2 nesting Geese.
One is a little aggressive and flaps wings,hisses,and chases people.

A course employee comes down with a golf club, swinging at the bird.
I calmly tell him to leave the bird alone.

"He chases people, and if we let it he will keep doing it, we have to whack it"

My reply was a not as calm "you whack that bird, I'm going to whack you!"

No kidding the bird is aggressive, she's nesting.

That was BS! I would have said something if he actually hit it. He tried to tho.

My rant 7-3 putts and 43 putts total on a 87 score is just horrible. I need some putting work.

People who have no respect for your things. My mother in law and brother in law are at my house and so far in the last hour the have given my ps4 controller to my MIL 1.5 year old son so he could chew on it and suck on it. Got pissed when I took it from him. And now I just saw a quarter sized ink stain from a ink pen they left open on my 2 month old 1500 dollar couch. So heated at the moment trying not to explode on somebody. Why do people have no respect for others and their possessions

Today I go out and shoot 83, I'm playing with a friend and he brings two other guys. One guy asks me to keep his score because I am using my phone and it tracks putts and fairways. He is TERRIBLE, and I don't mind that at all, we all were beginners before. His scoring consisted of unlimited mulligans, and putting it close and counting it as a good putt. I don't really mind this, but what I do mind is when he asks what he shot I tell him he scored himself as 90. Then he said he knows he plays well when he can go out and break 100, and that I only beat him by 7 and I had been playing so much longer than him he was so happy to only loose by 7. Keep score however you want, but don't give me crap about my score when you aren't keeping score properly and I am. Rant over.

Grips I ordered on March 26 still have yet to ship. I will never purchase anything from Budget Golf again. Their way of saying sorry is a Wilson 2 ball sleeve and refund of my $3.99 shipping. Well that doesn't cut it with me. I want the grips not 2 balls and 4 bucks. I need them for my clubs so I can install them before the KY invi. But doesn't look like that is going to happen. I can't believe it took them 2 weeks to inform me that they hadn't shipped and the manufacturer had a delay. If I had know right after I ordered them, I could have canceled the order and ordered the same ones from someone else and not have this issue right now. I'm so frustrated.

Grips I ordered on March 26 still have yet to ship. I will never purchase anything from Budget Golf again. Their way of saying sorry is a Wilson 2 ball sleeve and refund of my $3.99 shipping. Well that doesn't cut it with me. I want the grips not 2 balls and 4 bucks. I need them for my clubs so I can install them before the KY invi. But doesn't look like that is going to happen. I can't believe it took them 2 weeks to inform me that they hadn't shipped and the manufacturer had a delay. If I had know right after I ordered them, I could have canceled the order and ordered the same ones from someone else and not have this issue right now. I'm so frustrated.

Therein lies the problem. They would lose business and be doing the right thing in the process, but if they didn't have them in stock to start with that is just wrong.

Therein lies the problem. They would lose business and be doing the right thing in the process, but if they didn't have them in stock to start with that is just wrong.

I sent a twitter message to them as well about how unsatisfied I am. All my followers should blow it up... Help me get my point across.

Feel better, Pete. At least you've got the Masters to watch.
I slept through it. I went to bed shortly after my post, and never got up until today around noon. I'm upright now for the first time since. And today was F'n GORGEOUS out. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back