Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Last year I played it, driver, 5W, wedge into the green. Like other said, right or short left is no bueno. Long is trees also so it takes a pretty accurate shot to have a chance at birdie or even par for that matter.

Definitely hitting driver. Probably 3h to wedge range.

Singles this past year I hit Driver, crappy hybrid that got about 5 feet off the ground, which left me a long way in. 7 iron on the fringe, 2 putt par. That's from the whites. Usually with my own ball I have a AW to a 9 iron in to that green. It's a pretty deep green too. No room to miss on the right or short left.
With nerves being what they are on that tee, 3 wood 3 wood wedge could work as well I guess?

Definitely hitting driver. Probably 3h to wedge range.

Part of the reason why I want to make sure everyone plays these courses. Without knowing the course very well, its very easy to go too long into the green and right into the creek in front of the green. I watched it happen all 3 rounds I played on TB. Dialing in distances on that hole is a must.

With nerves being what they are on that tee, 3 wood 3 wood wedge could work as well I guess?

Yeah that would no problem. If you are comfortable hitting that 3 wood off the deck that's not a bad play.

One year in a scramble from the blue tees, I hooked mine in the left trees(and we had to play that), punched out to the fairway, we hit 3 woods up, had 100 to a back pin, and just missed the putt for par. So it's a pretty forgiving hole, the layup shot really sets it up for me. I think it's a great opening hole for this type of event. Somewhat generous off the tee, the layup isn't too difficult, just choose what you want going in.

You could, but if you're jittery in the hands on that tee you're gonna want a lot of surface area to hit just in case you don't give it your best move into the ball. From the blues, a skinny 3w may be a nail biter on carrying over that junk between tees.

Driver is definitely the play.

From the blues its driver-iron-wedge for me, just too long for anything else.

From the blues? Probably 3 drivers, and then a 1 putt for bird.

Or, maybe it's driver to the wide open landing area prior to the dog leg. Second shot will depend how I feel that day about my long irons and how far right I am. But I'm laying up to anywhere in the 100-140 range. Then just a wedge or short iron in.

White tees are a different story though.

~Rock

From the blues Im hitting driver then 3h. Depending on how those shots go I might be laying up before the water and relying on getting up and down for par.

Im hoping we will be playing the whites on that hole though. 600yds is a loooong hole for me

I'm in this camp, 600 is a tall task.

If you are on the white tees it's much more manageable from a distance perspective, though it brings more trouble into play off tee.

Driver, 5 iron, sand wedge, birdie putt!

With the hole that long, I'm probably driver, wood, iron to lay up before the creek. Then depending on pin placement it's either attack the pin and try for par, or go for the two putt bogey.

If you are on the white tees it's much more manageable from a distance perspective, though it brings more trouble into play off tee.
That's the truth, bunker on the right and the corner waste area can certainly come into play as well. The other thing if I remeber correctly the fairway seemed to narrow closer to the stream, and it's not a guaranteed flat lie anywhere down there.

That's the truth, bunker on the right and the corner waste area can certainly come into play as well. The other thing if I remeber correctly the fairway seemed to narrow closer to the stream, and it's not a guaranteed flat lie anywhere down there.

Yea it starts to slope down towards the creek. Also, it was really wet last year. Don't miss heavy!

What tees are we going to be actually playing from?

I bet that won't be decided until you get down there. I know it was a different event, but at that location we have played True Blue from Blues, Whites, and mixed.

I'm planning for JB to be as evil as possible, picking whatever tees bring the most trouble into play. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. :D

Tees at every THP event have always been fair for all players of all skill levels. Except for 17 at El Campeon. That's never fair no matter what tees selected.

My advice would be work on your games and be ready for anything.

Tees at every THP event have always been fair for all players of all skill levels. Except for 17 at El Campeon. That's never fair no matter what tees selected.

it pains me to say this: Wardy is spot on and wise. Won't matter the tee's if your well prepared.

17 there is no joke and i hope i get another chance to go on that course again and see if i can come away with better results that the first two attempts. i don't have the distance for an attempt at two but would like to have a chance to get on in reg.

Good opening hole. If I hit a good drive, its a 5 iron or so to lay up to 90-100 yards. If I get a 5 iron in my hands i will definitely try to play to the left side of the fairway to make the green longer. If I hit a mediocre or worse drive, it will be hybrid as far as I can get it to hopefully still have a lob or SW into the green.

My shaft order has been put in and wanted to share some things that I found very interesting through shaft fitting with my fitter. My fitter Luke was such a big help, I told him the great opportunity that I had in front of me and we went right to work.

i have wanted KBS shafts in my irons for while now. I tried my buddies JPXs with KBS Tours and loved them. Going into my fitting I figured I get put into KBS Tour stiff. Luke has my try the CTLs because he "wanted to feed his curiosity." My eyes were opened wide, the CTLs blew my mind on how well they played. I had such a nice ball flight and really getting great numbers. The final result had me in CTL's x-stiff. I was a little concerned about being in the x-stiff but he assured me that it was to bring the ball down a hair. As far as length I will play these the same length as my current set which will be .25 shorter than Bridgestone standard.

Being a Bridgestone staffer I get to be the proud owner of some custom black pearl KBS wedge shafts. Luke told me this would be up to me on what I wanted to play in my wedges. I decided to play these in a stiff for a couple of reasons. The main one being that I have x-stiff shafts in my wedges and I don't like how they feel. Plus the CTLs x-stiff being 115 grams and the wedge shaft in a stiff is 120 grams. If I went x-stiff that would mean 130 grams. I wanted to keep the weights similar but play the wedges a bit softer. My wedge shafts will also play .25 shorter than Bridgestone standard.

Today's HOTD:
2nd hole at True Blue from blue tees, this hole changes quite a bit depending on tee box placement.
113AAFC7-6A83-4AF2-AC75-8A4912A06745_zps3z5jsjh9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
FW for me but hybrid for most normal people and then a wedge into the green. Depending on pin location you want to make sure you aren't short. It's a pretty straightforward hole if you play it smart.

Back