TaylorMade SpeedBlade Irons Review Thread

Had mine for a year now. Loved playing with them last season.
very long (for me) and pretty forgiving, although I have no idea how they would stack up against some new offerings like the callaway xr.
these will stay in my bag for some time I believe.

Has anyone gone from the sock shaft option to a different shaft? Just curious about how ball flight was effected
I was fit into KBS Tour shafts as my fitter liked my consistency with the heavier shafts. I'm not sure what effect it had on the ball flight, but I would have to assume it lowered the flight relative to the stock steel.

TaylorMade SpeedBlade Irons Review Thread

I was fit into KBS Tour shafts as my fitter liked my consistency with the heavier shafts. I'm not sure what effect it had on the ball flight, but I would have to assume it lowered the flight relative to the stock steel.

What flex?

Yep. Stiff (120g)

Ok now I'm intrigued haha I was suggested the tour shafts when we did the online fitting for the past legacy contest. Next time I see you I may have to compare results. I just stuck with the stock option but if the flight is at all lower, I may be jumping on the kbs train

Ok now I'm intrigued haha I was suggested the tour shafts when we did the online fitting for the past legacy contest. Next time I see you I may have to compare results. I just stuck with the stock option but if the flight is at all lower, I may be jumping on the kbs train
Quit scheduling monster truck rallies and you can have a go with them. :alien:

A recent swing change has me hitting center face shots with a slower tempo. At first my shots were straight but shorter. Now my shots are achieving my usual club lengths. I probably am swinging a little harder now that I am trusting my swing. These when hitting center face are a thing of beauty to see and feel.

Deal of the day thread has a 4-PW set for $399. Quite a deal for a very solid set of clubs! I wish I could have paid so little a year ago.

This was a great set of irons by TM. The only thing I wish I could change is the sound, which I guess is a factor of the slot. Other than that, good buy.

I would be checking ebay for closeout sets. Bet you can find a set new for close to $300.

**edit, guess I'm wrong. These irons have really held their value better than TM irons in the past.

Last edited:
I missed the $399 deal, but bought the 4-AW tonight for $499 after hitting the Speedblade and Wilson Staff C100 back-to-back. I thought the Speedblade was better. The technology appears really sound and having some forgiveness offered while keeping a reasonable head size should help me get better.

We'll see!

Dave

I missed the $399 deal, but bought the 4-AW tonight for $499 after hitting the Speedblade and Wilson Staff C100 back-to-back. I thought the Speedblade was better. The technology appears really sound and having some forgiveness offered while keeping a reasonable head size should help me get better.

We'll see!

Dave
Enjoy the irons and let us know how they work for you!

I have had Speedblades 5-sw regular graphite for a year. I really liked them until I hit a newer offering this month. My miss is a toe hit and the newer sets offer me more toe forgiveness. So my Speedblades will be sold on the bay.

I miss my Speedblades. I need to get them back.

Enjoy the irons and let us know how they work for you!

Before tonight I had used the clubs at a local field and hitting practice balls in the backyard. I played a local executive course tonight and had the pleasant problem of hitting the ball over the greens! I love the Speedblades so far. I'm getting probably a club longer than the Ping G15s and am even hitting the 4 iron reasonably, not bad for a high handicap player. I hit a green in regulation with the 4i tonight from 170.

No insult to the G15s, but the Speedblades appear better in every way: longer, the balls gets up in the air easier, and more forgiving on mishits.

Next time I go out I'll have to plan ahead for the longer distances and just trust it to go that far.

Dave

Before tonight I had used the clubs at a local field and hitting practice balls in the backyard. I played a local executive course tonight and had the pleasant problem of hitting the ball over the greens! I love the Speedblades so far. I'm getting probably a club longer than the Ping G15s and am even hitting the 4 iron reasonably, not bad for a high handicap player. I hit a green in regulation with the 4i tonight from 170.

No insult to the G15s, but the Speedblades appear better in every way: longer, the balls gets up in the air easier, and more forgiving on mishits.

Next time I go out I'll have to plan ahead for the longer distances and just trust it to go that far.

Dave

Sounds similar to what I experienced. I'm sure the stronger lofts have something to do with it, but for me they are consistent, forgiving and a pleasure to use. Glad they are working for you so far...

I bought some Rocketbladez last fall and though I like them, been contemplating getting Speed Blades in graphite to go with Jet Speed woods and hybrid.

I bought some Rocketbladez last fall and though I like them, been contemplating getting Speed Blades in graphite to go with Jet Speed woods and hybrid.

Toddo,

How do you like the Jetspeed 19 hybrid? I'm thinking about getting one to compliment the Speedblade set.

Thanks
Dave

Toddo,

How do you like the Jetspeed 19 hybrid? I'm thinking about getting one to compliment the Speedblade set.

Thanks
Dave

So far I have been pleased as I have only played one round and a bit of practice. Like it better than the adjustable Rescue I had before.

Finally got out to the range with the Speedblades and the newly paired C-Taper Lites. Not that they absolutely needed new life, but the feel with these in them is fantastic and the added weight is a welcome change for me from the stock shafts. Didn't think I'd feel it but it is clearly noticeable. Spent most of my time in a lesson working on some drills but was seeing solid distance and didn't seem to sacrifice height on full swings. I'm pretty psyched to take this combo into this season.

just ordered a set of these. pretty excited tbh.

my only issue is that it was from a website so it was obviously unable to be custom fit as such. i have been tested in a store and am regular length and swing speed is low enough that i need a reg flex too.

But what about lie angles? is that something i can get done once i have them or too bad? just the compromise i have to deal with getting a cheaper deal online.

my only issue is that it was from a website so it was obviously unable to be custom fit as such. i have been tested in a store and am regular length and swing speed is low enough that i need a reg flex too.

But what about lie angles? is that something i can get done once i have them or too bad? just the compromise i have to deal with getting a cheaper deal online.

you can have the lie angles checked at your local golf store. Most will bend 2 degrees up or down. Some will go more if they feel comfortable.

I'm betting you will really like them. I've really enjoyed mine so far, pure shots go high and a long way! I also bought a stock configuration with "R" flex.

Dave

Hi, new member here, previously long time hacker at freegolfinfo.com. My current gamers are Wishon 770CE 5-AW and I have loved them for many years. But this year felt the need for a change. After reading the glowing reviews here on the Cobra Bio cell irons I got sucked in and bought a new set on eBay . Bad mistake... I could not hit them at all, just horrible in every way. Traded them in at my local shop for a set of Nike Coverts.. mistake number 2. Better than the Cobras, but not even close to being in the same ballpark as my Wishons. So, back to the shop to get a store credit or something, I was giving up the hunt. That's when I stumbled on a demo set of Speedblades. Well, one range session later I'm ecstatic. I have not been so excited about a new set of irons in many, many years, probably since I built my Wishons. Time will tell, but I believe these SB's are the real deal, I'm pleasantly surprised and in fact blown away by how easy they are to hit, tracetory etc.. These are very nice clubs for a middle of the road 15hc like me, I really like them, and I don't say that to often about any irons.

Back