Votes: 56 36.6%
  • Bogey

Votes: 56 36.6%
  • Double Bogey

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • The Dreaded "Other"

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters
The course went from closed for the winter to "darn I wish I wore shorts cause it's so freakin hot out" in a just a single day. Shot a quintuple bogey. Yes, the suck saga continues..

a birdie .. Infact hit 2 balls for second shot and hit them right next to each other . I love a nice 350 yard par 4 to start the season . Boy was it cold , but the nice drive/ 2nd shot and putt made it warmer

Played 9 holes with my father-in-law at his course in Ohio. First hole is 397 yards, dogleg left from a very elevated tee box. I hit the left side of the fairway at the dogleg, about 150 out. Second shot is uphill with a bunker in front of the green with two levels on the green. I hit an 8 iron onto the upper level of the green about 15 feet from the pin (on the same level). Just missed the putt and ended up with a par. Overall, I was very happy with my first time out. Shot +2 with 7 pars and 2 bogeys...

Bogey on my first hole of the year, good drive, mediocre second, bad chip, and two putts.

Bogey on a 388yd par 4
-great 3 hybrid off the tee
-hit 52 degree onto the green around 30 feet or so from pin
-3 putt.....

Man I spent so much time in the offseason on a swing change, I never practiced my short game enough, as its horrible right now.

Bogey. Uphill dogleg left 370 yads. Huge bunkers at the dogleg from about 250-270. Took driver. Hit a draw that kept drawing. Just carried the bunkers and rolled out to 301. Fluffed my first wedge, second wege rolled out about 15ft past the hole. 2 putted for bogey.

orgeon-golf-course.jpg

First hole was a birdie on a short par 5; I'll take it! Whole first round went really well. In my couple range sessions before playing something seemed to have clicked with my swing. Already feels better than all of last year. Really excited about the year.

First hole of the year, a slightly uphill par 5, 490 yards. Bogey, Topped my first iron shot!

1st hole long par 4. Hit a decent drive into left rough. Pulled brand new (to me) JPX 825 4 hybrid. Thought I was long enough. Hit a fantastic shot straight over the green and through the trees into the next fairway. Topped the next shot hurrying to allow a fellow to tee off. Punched through the trees with a decent 31 hybrid shot. Overcooked the pitch to the green. Landed out on the other side. Greens were just punched and sanded. Next lob bounced off the green. Lobbed back on to the green. 2 putt for a total of 9.

You woulda swore it was Keystone Kops with golf clubs. Shot double the rest of the round. The Mizzy hybo redeemed itself about 5 more times punching back ont fairways from errant tee shots. Only lost 2 balls in the 9 I played. All in all one of the best 9 I played at that course except for the first and final holes.

I imploded on the final hole. I walked it and was getting tired. I carded 56 which was 20 over. About where I left off last year. This was with a new bag minus 1 hybrid and my 5 wood. Happy with the results for the first time back. I'll try another 9 today and switch out what isn't working.

The Irons are new to me Mizzy MX19's I got reasonable in great shape because they have carbon shafts. Should help later on in the year when the Carpal Tunnel and arthritis rears it's ugly head. The others were just continuations of picking up what works. K15 7 wood, Gorge TS 60 lob, and K15 driver which didn't behave. The K15 3 wood was worse. Just need some more lessons and some more range time.

I've still got a long way to go. And I've come a heck of a long way already.

Mark Shuman

Yeah I'm late to the party but I had a bogey.
Drive was dead straight and almost on the green.
Chip was awful and further from the hole than my drive was only it was on the green.
3 putt for bogey 5.

Big hook off the tee into a decent lie in some light rough.
Topped the approach with my PW to 40 yds out.
Hit the 1/3 swing SW about 15 yards past the pin. Shoulda went with the LW, lol.
Stubbed the chip shot to the fringe.
3 putts for triple bogey.

That's fairly typical for me on this hole. Decent drive, screw up the approach shot, mis-hit one or more pitches/chips, and always a three or four putt on a very tricky green.

Well I'm probably one of the last THPer's to finally get out on the course but today was my first round of 2015. Made a nice par on the first hole. Took out my BB 815 and hit a nice drive down the right side of the fairway. Only had 100 yards left so I took out my AW, choked down and hit a nice, easy 3/4 shot. Wound up pin high 10 feet left of the hole. Hit a good putt that lipped out (sign of things to come). Tap in par.

Forgot to update this thread after my first round last week. I had a double on a par 3 :( Fat shot on the tee box left me 20 yards short of the green. Pitched it too heavy handed, landed pin high and bounced off the back of the green onto hard pan. Got nervous and hit too softly as now I was hitting up steeply about 3 feet, ended on the fringe. Chipped to 3 feet, putted in for the double.

I only ended up with 2 pars on the day, the rest were bogey or double. This was the infamous "I lost my keys" round.

Finally went out today to play my first round of the year. Had not practiced since 4/30/15 due to old age and aches. First hole is at 406 yards par 4 from the white tees. Trouble left and right but open from the right, dead from the left. I hit my drive right center in the fairway with 200 yards to the pin in the center of a long uphill green. Hit my 5 wood to 12 feet above the hole, just missed the stick. The lesson I took worked. Slick 12 down hill putt, I just missed the cup, tap in for par. Felt great, I will be 70 on the 23rd of this month.

Back