Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance you guys can time an event w Cleveland the same time as this next time? They're in Huntington Beach, right?

Any chance you guys can time an event w Cleveland the same time as this next time? They're in Huntington Beach, right?

They are, and that would be heaven. However we would end up in jail after stealing 200 puppies. :D

They are, and that would be heaven. However we would end up in jail after stealing 200 puppies. :D

Thats just an opportunity for a contest to give away a THP Prize pack. "how many corgis will fit into the tour van?"

Thats just an opportunity for a contest to give away a THP Prize pack. "how many corgis will fit into the tour van?"

I know its bad to say "Hey kids I have candy" and open the van door", does the same apply to cute puppies?

It's not stealing if they walk into your van of their own accord.

It's not stealing if they walk into your van of their own accord.

Just so happens that there was a giant pile of dog treats in there. You know, for Ellie.

Tucker never fails to find the weirdest places to sleep.
fc3fa521a220015594998daf3ab66839.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as it's comfortable, eh?

e8d6de8f5ac8707ae21b648d40f80410.jpg

Lexie after here bath tonight. She's so fluffy!!

These two kill me sometimes lol

af6daeb6c010972546794e8a5fca461c.jpg

My wife fostered a new puppy who I think is going to end up staying here. She's just too attached to everyone and our dogs to leave at this point, it's been 5 months now. I am at a loss at how to get this thing house trained, all of my other dogs have responded well to crate training, but this one just doesn't get it. The wife let her outside and when it was time to come back in, she immediately decided to jump up on the couch beside me and let the stream go on the couch.

I am not happy with this puppy right now to say the least.

86a1d44b4ca0c9566f44209aad19b6d1.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty cool colt, have you ever owned a pig?
. I have a pot bellied pig and she is great. Much easier than any dog I have ever owned.

My wife fostered a new puppy who I think is going to end up staying here. She's just too attached to everyone and our dogs to leave at this point, it's been 5 months now. I am at a loss at how to get this thing house trained, all of my other dogs have responded well to crate training, but this one just doesn't get it. The wife let her outside and when it was time to come back in, she immediately decided to jump up on the couch beside me and let the stream go on the couch.

Have you tried the positive reinforcement side? Meaning every time she does do her business outside you give her a treat?? Also I've always kept the boys outside until they do go potty. Even if it's for an extended period of time.

Crate training. It works.

Have you tried the positive reinforcement side? Meaning every time she does do her business outside you give her a treat?? Also I've always kept the boys outside until they do go potty. Even if it's for an extended period of time.
Yeah, we have tried pretty much everything. I think she may have some kind of bladder control problem, or she's incredibly hard headed. She knows when she's done wrong because she will immediately run into her crate before we even say anything and we have a doggy door and she has went on her way out of the door. I think I may make a vet appointment and see if there's any physical issues.

Yeah, we have tried pretty much everything. I think she may have some kind of bladder control problem, or she's incredibly hard headed. She knows when she's done wrong because she will immediately run into her crate before we even say anything and we have a doggy door and she has went on her way out of the door. I think I may make a vet appointment and see if there's any physical issues.
May be a UTI or something of the sort. My fiance's old dog Roxy would get them every once in awhile and she would struggle holding it at times. Usually the vets would give her some antibiotics and it would clear it up and everything went back to normal.

Crate training. It works.
Yes it does work. Done it will all the dogs I've had. Hogan, our dog now had a damn anxiety attack when we took his crate down. So it's still there, and he's in there all the time. Door wide open. Dog are naturally denning animals, so it makes sense.

Shih%20Tzu_zps4zmqpqfz.png

The wife emails me this morning asking if we could shell out $1100 for this thing; she loves the little teacup freaks and her 2-lb Yorkie died 6 months ago. Bear in mind, she got laid off in January and hasn't worked since, so $1100 is not insignificant.

She says "I'm lonely; I need a dog". I said "what you need are co-workers!" LOL

Rich,
What breed is this puppy? She looks a lit like my wife's dog at home.

My best buddy chilling in the bluebonnet field

It's warm, and I'm finally feeling better, it's frisbee time!

33c45b2935db4d11a3021e2041e27659.jpg

"No…! You can't have it. You're just going to throw it again!"

ae985b4571dafde27bb73bb9642e6d57.jpg

Well, first time our dog of 8 years has had fleas! She brought them into the house as well! Awesome! Just had the yard and home treated, gave her a Capstar, bath, and monthly meds to come. I sure hope the exterminator's stuff works!!!

KellyBo snuck a photo of me and my girl friend yesterday. :D We were having a boiled peanut party :hungry:

11141208_10206742361064782_4460093697521837068_n.jpg

Rich,
What breed is this puppy? She looks a lit like my wife's dog at home.

She's a mutt. We know the mom is a Pitbull, but no idea on the father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back