The Jordan Spieth Thread

I'm confused who, has blasted Jordan, nobody I have seen.

Wait wait wait. A 21 year old just won himself job security for the rest of his life, celebrating with his friends, and flips double singles and there's an issue.

If anybody has an issue with that...

aad6027dc12cd23a21ef3fc1938697fb.jpg

haters-gonna-hate.gif

What I don't get is those on that plane had to be his closest friends why on earth would they even let that photo slip.

What I don't get is those on that plane had to be his closest friends why on earth would they even let that photo slip.
Because it isn't that big of a deal?

I don't think it's a big deal either but his PR person probably wants to kick him in his arse right now.

Yeah I'd be pretty heated as well, although maybe Jordan just doesn't care.

It isn't, but your buddy is in the spotlight, it might not be in the best taste to post it. I guess that is an issue I have though, I over think this kind of stuff all the time. I am always thinking of things from a business perspective.

I don't think it's a big deal either but his PR person probably wants to kick him in his arse right now.
Haha. Nope.

We got to see a 4x Mastera champ drop a very clear eff bomb, no way double birds is that big of a deal.

Imagine if he called himself a f..got.

It isn't, but your buddy is in the spotlight, it might not be in the best taste to post it. I guess that is an issue I have though, I over think this kind of stuff all the time. I am always thinking of things from a business perspective.
Tastes are different in Texas. Did you know Jordan is from Dallas, TX?

This is sort of my thing as well. Not that he did it, but that his friend's let it get out.

I don't like or dislike him. Seems like vanilla to me so far. I am happy for him, but I don't need to hear them call Ben Crenshaw on TGC to hear him say "Yeah he's a nice kid. And did anyone mention we are both from the same gigantic state?"

I'm a fan of anyone that randomly quotes Anchorman:

I'm a fan of anyone that randomly quotes Anchorman:

What does he know about Ron Burgundy? He was 9 when that movie came out lol

Wow....came in here after all day in district court to read some good thoughts and discussion about the young man and his first major win yesterday but instead the thread has turned to quite something else. Disappointing actually. Maybe tomorrow.......

Huh? I guess most of us are missing something because there is nothing negative in here? GG and I just went through all of the posts and while people keep saying it, there does not appear to be anything negative about the guy. In fact most are completely behind the guy.

Perhaps people are expecting it or looking for it...But frankly its just not here.

Huh? I guess most of us are missing something because there is nothing negative in here? GG and I just went through all of the posts and while people keep saying it, there does not appear to be anything negative about the guy. In fact most are completely behind the guy.

Perhaps people are expecting it or looking for it...But frankly its just not here.
I'm lost as well, about the most negative thing I've seen is someone saying they hope their kid doesn't see the picture.

I am lost as well, people get all bent out of shape. I did not see where anyone said Jordan is a prick ect , just stating facts in their eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm lost as well, about the most negative thing I've seen is someone saying they hope their kid doesn't see the picture.

Too lazy to look up the picture, what picture?

Please tell me there is a Perkins in the background.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I said the thread has turned into something else other than what I was expecting. Never said negative. Just expected the discussion to be quite different.

It was reported by one of the commentators on TGC, that when he embraced his family coming off the 18th green, Jordan's father was overheard as saying (something to the effect) "Now you go over and thank all those that came here to support you". Such is telling to me, regarding the ethics instilled in Jordan and clearly family is important to Jordan. That is father and his family is his moral compass. It leads me to think that he has been well grounded. But I thought the same about Tiger in the early days of his career. I can remember his emotional greeting with his father after winning his first Masters. When his father died, I think Tiger lost his moral compass and became too influenced by his super star status as well as other super stars that negatively influenced him. If Jordan's career evolves as anticipated, I trust the same will not happen to him, that he will remain grounded.

I think Tiger's moral compass was/is more his mom than his dad ever was. Earl was kind of a d-bag from what I understand - certainly a philanderer. Hard not to pick up on that when you idolize your dad; you pick up on how he treats people & tend to treat others the same way.

For those that are trying to find negatives or think this kid doesnt have a future, may I reference the following video regarding Jordan and his sister Ellie. Show me another 21 year old, regardless of fame or not that is as grounded as this kid

https://youtu.be/TcKDAfsbQXM

hell f-ing yes. the whole ellie angle makes me go from really liking spieth to vaulting him to top 3 favorite golfers on tour. as a parent, and not to get too personal but having a son with minor special needs, i have so much respect for people who live with this. i don't get emotional about much, but anything to do with kids just rips me in two.

Spieth will never be Tiger - nor do I want him to be. Jordan will probably be a lot more like Nicklaus - very family oriented & very grounded (but probably nowhere near 18 majors). I know the press wants every good young golfer to be "the next Tiger", but Tiger was an only child who learned early on that life was all about Tiger. He's been the center of his universe since he was a kid.

Spieth on the other hand has brothers & sister, and a special needs sister at that. He has already learned that the world doesn't revolve around him. And while I'm sure winning golf tournaments & majors is important to Jordan, I don't think he's going to define himself by the number of golf titles he wins.

And of course there's that Jesuit education of his - I'm sure that has made a big difference (OK, disclaimer/shameless plug as I teach at a Jesuit HS!)

Huge fan of this dude. At the same time, I'm not setting the bar too high. Other sports have done this time and again as has golf. I'm going to let him be him and enjoy watching .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may have already been posted in this thread but I thought it bears posting again. We all saw Jordan's caddie take the entire flag and pin at Augusta, maybe you wondered what he did with it.

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2015/4/13/8406541/jordan-spieth-caddie-masters-flagstick

Back