Getting worse after lessons

Just read this again. I think it is important to find someone that meshes with you and your confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One step back, two steps forward!

I'm almost always worse for a round or so after lessons. Whatever swing tweak my coach and I work on will sometimes show up and sometimes not, and it affects confidence. It takes time to see the changes result in better shots enough to commit to making them every time.

That being said, I think your instructor change is a bit more than that. I think you should be able to go to GolfTec and say that you and the new instructor aren't meshing and simply have different plans for your swing and ask to work with someone different. I can't imagine an organization like that hasn't heard that before.

This echos in all my other replies GolfTec related. Find the instructor that works, the facilities are excellent, the instructor pool is hit or miss. So find the one that clicks, sorry the old one quit. That's bad luck. I wouldn't stick with someone who makes you worse by changing all the things you had going for you. However I would caution against making a decision too soon or often as any changes require about 3 weeks of solid practice to take hold. Even longer to get used to. Your mind needs to settle as well as your muscle memory.

This echos in all my other replies GolfTec related. Find the instructor that works, the facilities are excellent, the instructor pool is hit or miss. So find the one that clicks, sorry the old one quit. That's bad luck. I wouldn't stick with someone who makes you worse by changing all the things you had going for you. However I would caution against making a decision too soon or often as any changes require about 3 weeks of solid practice to take hold. Even longer to get used to. Your mind needs to settle as well as your muscle memory.

I spoke to the instructor today about it and he had no issues with me switching to another coach.
We'll see how that goes. If I can get to where I was last year, I'd be pretty happy with my swing. Not the greatest, but it should enable me to shoot in the high 80's to low 90's and I'm happy with that.
I might focus more on the short game stuff since the summer is coming and we can use an outdoor facility for the short game stuff.

Your money, your decision. If you don't think it's working, it's not working!

So I emailed my old coach today to see how he was doing.

He asked me who I was taking lessons from now. Once I told him who it was, he told me that he WOULD NOT recommend the new coach for ANY professional instruction. LOL.
There is one other coach that he would recommend at the facility though. So, I'll change over to that coach.

It only reaffirms my position when one of your peers can't even recommend you for professional instruction.

Back