The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Deli en fuego

Uh oh heat....
2ce1d0a12b061602fad8f5f9bf625295.jpg

20/10/12 for lebron tonight in the big win over chicago.

Cavs lock down the 2nd seed and central title

LOL @ the Nets running Iso-Joe at the end of the game. Hawks fans have seen how that one ends WAYYY too many times. Need the Nets to miss the playoffs so we can get their lottery pick.

Well... heat down 4 to raptors. A loss tonight and it will take a miracle to make playoffs

Well... heat down 4 to raptors. A loss tonight and it will take a miracle to make playoffs
they stink, we went to the Bulls/Heat Game Thursday, The Heat blew a 19 point halftime lead & lost by 10

they stink, we went to the Bulls/Heat Game Thursday, The Heat blew a 19 point halftime lead & lost by 10
Looks like this one is coming down to the wire

And the heat are out...

Guess I win the bet with birdman

Celtics got a playoff spot tonight due to other teams' losses. I realize that it's the bottom of the Eastern Conference and they are probably going to get torched by the Cavs in the first round, but go look at that roster and there's only one explanation for how that squad is a playoff team: Brad Stevens is a freaking genius. I don't think they're ever going to be bad enough in the next couple of years to get a top 5 draft pick on their own, so hopefully they can use their war chest of first-round picks in the future to trade for a star in the offseason.

Celtics got a playoff spot tonight due to other teams' losses. I realize that it's the bottom of the Eastern Conference and they are probably going to get torched by the Cavs in the first round, but go look at that roster and there's only one explanation for how that squad is a playoff team: Brad Stevens is a freaking genius. I don't think they're ever going to be bad enough in the next couple of years to get a top 5 draft pick on their own, so hopefully they can use their war chest of first-round picks in the future to trade for a star in the offseason.

As crazy as it sounds. I feel like making the playoffs hurts the rebuilding process. But they do have a rather large number of picks in the coming years.

As crazy as it sounds. I feel like making the playoffs hurts the rebuilding process. But they do have a rather large number of picks in the coming years.

This year's draft is supposed to be much better than next year's draft, so going into this season, I wanted them to get into the highest draft position possible. But the team overachieved and now are in the playoffs. I just don't want them to get stuck in the middle, that's the worst place to be in the NBA. If a team can't compete for the title, it makes sense to get as bad as they can because that seems to be the only way that teams get superstars via the draft.

This year's draft is supposed to be much better than next year's draft, so going into this season, I wanted them to get into the highest draft position possible. But the team overachieved and now are in the playoffs. I just don't want them to get stuck in the middle, that's the worst place to be in the NBA. If a team can't compete for the title, it makes sense to get as bad as they can because that seems to be the only way that teams get superstars via the draft.

Yup that's exactly my thoughts too. Winning 40 games and making the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed just gets you stuck in that position. Just start spinning your tires because you can't get the top college guys and you end up taking chances on guys like Fab Melo. It's like NBA purgatory.

They did over achieve this year and I do like what Stevens has done with the team. Just don't want them to get stuck.

Klay Thompson going with the video game numbers tonight: 37 points at halftime, 26 points in the 2nd quarter including 23 points in a row at one point.

Interesting part about him related to what we were saying about the draft: he was the 11th overall pick. The guy selected at #10 in that draft: Jimmer Fredette. The draft is a huge crapshoot.

The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Yup that's exactly my thoughts too. Winning 40 games and making the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed just gets you stuck in that position. Just start spinning your tires because you can't get the top college guys and you end up taking chances on guys like Fab Melo. It's like NBA purgatory.

They did over achieve this year and I do like what Stevens has done with the team. Just don't want them to get stuck.

You know what's worse than winning 40 games and making the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed? Winning 50 games and being a 7 seed. #Mavs

You know what's worse than winning 40 games and making the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed? Winning 50 games and being a 7 seed. #Mavs

I was talking about being in the rebuilding mode. The Mavs aren't in that mode, they are in a win now mode. For a team who is trying to acquire draft picks to build for the future, making the playoffs is not the goal.

I was talking about being in the rebuilding mode. The Mavs aren't in that mode, they are in a win now mode. For a team who is trying to acquire draft picks to build for the future, making the playoffs is not the goal.

Yeah but I'm just pointing out that the Mavs are stuck as well. They are a good team but they need some youth because rebuild is looming. It stinks to win 50 games and get San Antonio to open the playoffs lol.

That's common in the West though. The 8th place team in the west has won the following number of games the last few years:

2007-08: 50 games (9th seed won 48 games)
2008-09: 48 games (46 games)
2009-10: 50 games (42 games)
2010-11: 46 games (43 games)
2011-12: 36 games (34 games; strike season so only 66 games played)
2012-13: 45 games (43 games)
2013-14: 49 games (48 games)

It is better than winning 67 games, being a 1 seed and getting beat by the number 8 seeded team in the first round #Mavs

It is better than winning 67 games, being a 1 seed and getting beat by the number 8 seeded team in the first round #Mavs

Ouch.....I'm going to have to say something hurtful about the Rockets now

Back