We ran the kids ragged today so they would be in need of quiet time while The Masters is on. Mission Accomplished.

b287d982994a8498bda3d9317a3570e4.jpg

We had the same plan... We took the boys to a Whitecaps game( Tigers AA team). It was a blast and personally I think it's much better for the kids than taking them to Comerica Park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had the same plan... We took the boys to a Whitecaps game( Tigers AA team). It was a blast and personally I think it's much better for the kids than taking them to Comerica Park.

We may take in a Mud Hens game this year. I will only go to Comerica when the O's are in town.

Watched the Masters with my kids yesterday, then my wife posted this this morning on Facebook :D

My kid is 9 months old and still wakes up 3-4 times a night. Me and my wife both work so we are about to go nutz!
We typically put Nick down around 7 - 7:30ish and we've got a solid 6 to 7 hours before he wakes up. Sometimes he might spit his binky and cry, but all we usually have to do is pop it back in and he quiets up and goes right back down. Lately, he's gotten into this mode where he wakes up around 3ish and we give him a bottle, after which he "talks" for a solid hour. If you can get him through that episode, he's good again until we wake him up around 6:30 - 7:00ish.

I really do wish he would sleep through that 3am feeding though ... unless we go to bed early, it cuts my sleep right down the middle, so I never wind up waking up fully refreshed.

We typically put Nick down around 7 - 7:30ish and we've got a solid 6 to 7 hours before he wakes up. Sometimes he might spit his binky and cry, but all we usually have to do is pop it back in and he quiets up and goes right back down. Lately, he's gotten into this mode where he wakes up around 3ish and we give him a bottle, after which he "talks" for a solid hour. If you can get him through that episode, he's good again until we wake him up around 6:30 - 7:00ish.

I really do wish he would sleep through that 3am feeding though ... unless we go to bed early, it cuts my sleep right down the middle, so I never wind up waking up fully refreshed.
Have you tried giving the bottle earlier? I put my girl in bed at 20:00 with a 2/3 bottle, and at midnight, while still asleep, I give her full one. She now sleeps until about 7-8 in the morning.

I used to wait until she woke up, as I didn't like feeding here before she asked for it, but the child healthcare center said it was perfectly fine.

Have you tried giving the bottle earlier? I put my girl in bed at 20:00 with a 2/3 bottle, and at midnight, while still asleep, I give her full one. She now sleeps until about 7-8 in the morning.

I used to wait until she woke up, as I didn't like feeding here before she asked for it, but the child healthcare center said it was perfectly fine.
We've learned to let sleeping babies lie. Waking him up in the middle of the night never works out well for either us, or him.

This is a new phase, and we're hoping it doesn't last very long. There was a period of time where he was sleeping a solid 8 to 10 hours (or longer) uninterrupted (unless he spit his dummy), but he's gotten out of that routine the last month or so.

We've learned to let sleeping babies lie. Waking him up in the middle of the night never works out well for either us, or him.

This is a new phase, and we're hoping it doesn't last very long. There was a period of time where he was sleeping a solid 8 to 10 hours (or longer) uninterrupted (unless he spit his dummy), but he's gotten out of that routine the last month or so.
I don't wake her up. I remove the pacifier, and just pop in the bottle and the sucking reflex takes over. After it's empty I gently put her upright and tap her back to get her to burp.

Hope it blows over soon man, the lack of sleep is awful.

Is your baby around 18 months or so? They go through a big sleep regression around 16-18 months becasue of how much growing they are doing. Ours was the same, slept 9-10 hours then for 2 stright weeks last month wouldnt sleep more than 4 hours at a time.

Charlotte will NOT use a paci. Stubborn like her m..... Dad.

My son has never like the idea of it either. Never kept it in his mouth.

She's not stubborn she's smart. How can she show off that great smile if she's got a paci?
You may be better off. My daughter is just getting finished with the binkies. Eliminating pacis/binkies was not easy. On a random note, Is pacis Latin for peace?

Consider that a positive thing.

Had a getaway with friends couple of weeks ago, and the pacifier went missing on a sunday evening when all the shops are closed. All. Hell. Broke. Loose. My girl is the happiest kid I've ever seen, but when she goes to bed she wants the pacifier and some sort of toy blanket to cuddle with. And if one is missing, prepare for a rough night...

And as beeDoubleU said; getting rid of them can be tricky, and they are not god for their teeth.

On a random note, Is pacis Latin for peace?
Sort of. Latin word for peace is pax, of which pacis is derived.

I must say for nighttime pacifier use, the glow in the dark pacifiers are pure genius.

Parenting Thread

Harper wanted nothing to do with hers from day one. The other three all gave them up by their first birthday. But this is a big positive for you in the long run.

Courtney is off to DC for 4 days. Solo duty until then.

My reward is the Kentucky Invitational though. That will make the tough times easier.

Wife and I took a walk around the neighborhood while our 9yr old biked along ahead in front of us. He finally mastered riding without training wheels in the fall, and this was his first time really going all out. We had wanted to have a bike ride together yesterday, but my rear hub is messed up (I think the cartridge is stripped) so he had to go by himself.

Let me tell you, every time he went around a corner at high speed and I lost sight of him, my heart started pounding. My head tells me he's fine and the streets in our neighborhood are quiet, but it still had me anxious. My daughter was never too adventurous when she was younger, but my son's a daredevil. I'm just going to have to get used to his tearing all over the place on a bike just like he does on foot. I think a big part of it is because I lost a childhood friend when he was 14 due to being hit by a car while on his bike, so I'm nervous for him. But that's parenting... being nervous but not showing it and letting the kids do stuff on their own without realizing how anxious you are.

Is your baby around 18 months or so? They go through a big sleep regression around 16-18 months becasue of how much growing they are doing. Ours was the same, slept 9-10 hours then for 2 stright weeks last month wouldnt sleep more than 4 hours at a time.
About to turn nine months. Thought maybe it was teething, but try as we might to feel teeth below the surface of his gums, we got nothing. Not sure what sort of phase he's going through, but hoping he enters a new - uninterrupted sleep - one soon!

About to turn nine months. Thought maybe it was teething, but try as we might to feel teeth below the surface of his gums, we got nothing. Not sure what sort of phase he's going through, but hoping he enters a new - uninterrupted sleep - one soon!

I think it's the "Mom and Dad want sleep and they need to remember who runs the house" phase.

My 3 year is currently in the "yell for dad in the middle of the night to be covered up" phase. Some nights it's 2-3 times a night thing. He wakes up from being cool/cold and yells for me to cover him up. Would be so much easier for him to cover himself, but he'd rather yell for me. :(

We tried several different types until we found ones my oldest would use. Then my youngest used the exact same kind so that was nice. We somewhat forced the pacifier since both would always suck on their fingers. Paci is easier to take away later on than getting them to stop sucking on fingers. My oldest had no issues once we cut him off. The youngest I feel will give us a bit more trouble when time comes to stop using them.

I think it's the "Mom and Dad want sleep and they need to remember who runs the house" phase.

My 3 year is currently in the "yell for dad in the middle of the night to be covered up" phase. Some nights it's 2-3 times a night thing. He wakes up from being cool/cold and yells for me to cover him up. Would be so much easier for him to cover himself, but he'd rather yell for me. :(

I wish my 3yo would stay in his bed and yell. He prefers to walk downstairs and get about an inch from my face or ear and start saying daddy. Freaks me the heck out in the middle of the night.

I wish my 3yo would stay in his bed and yell. He prefers to walk downstairs and get about an inch from my face or ear and start saying daddy. Freaks me the heck out in the middle of the night.

My daughter used to do that ALL THE TIME. She wouldn't even say anything I was aware of. I'd just bolt awake and her face would be an inch or two from me. Same age as well, 3 or so. I'd just get up and put her back to bed.

Sometimes it's that or I hear footstep and then what's below.

My daughter used to do that ALL THE TIME. She wouldn't even say anything I was aware of. I'd just bolt awake and her face would be an inch or two from me. Same age as well, 3 or so. I'd just get up and put her back to bed.

I think 3 year olds are trained ninja's. My son can move around silently sometimes. I just get "that feeling" and there he is walking into the room or standing at the end of the bed or beside me. Usually with what ever animal he slept with in one arm.

Kids are definitely ninjas. My 4yo just started hiding in random places around the house at random times. He also decided to hide under the playground at daycare the other day after getting hurt. I guess it took them a good 15-20 minutes to find him.

Sometimes it's that or I hear footstep and then what's below.

I think 3 year olds are trained ninja's. My son can move around silently sometimes. I just get "that feeling" and there he is walking into the room or standing at the end of the bed or beside me. Usually with what ever animal he slept with in one arm.

My 3yo is really loud when he stomps around. He can be quiet if he tries, but I think he prefers to wake up everyone in the house most of the time. My 1.5yo however, is ridiculously sneaky. He loves to quietly hide in a dark room and just wait for someone to come in and turn on a light. He has nearly given my wife and mother in law a heart attack on several occasions.

290480dc9086e806b52d3a6b52e2d29e.jpg

Teddy bear parade at daycare today. Nick couldn't wait. Wearing a new outfit he got for Easter.

50f83665f2b5c42c4adff11267f3164e.jpg

ETA: not sure why these photos are not the right orientation on here. They're correct on my phone.

Back