Sounds like it's gonna be a fun trip again.

Heading to FlightScope HQ tomorrow morning and will be getting some cool content from the team. Really good people that are so excited about their products.

Content? I like content.

Looking forward to it!

I seriously love hearing about this stuff. After getting on a similar product a few weeks ago, it is seriously amazing what these things can tell you. Add in the practice mode and challenges and I could see this thing being beneficial to someone like me who cannot golf year round.

Looking forward to more info Josh!

I love these units, but the price is literally beyond ridiculous here . My buddy owns a golf facility and has both trackman and flightscope . He is very tech savy and told me the trackman has about $1500 worth of hardware in it . Basically the same as a higher end cpu you can pick up at any store

so your telling me the software to run it costs $27k??? !!!!. Just absurd , these units must have the biggest markup of any product available of any consumer product . That is what I would ask the flightscope team , at the most these units should be $3k ( trackman and flightscope)

Cost of materials is one of the more useless measurements around these days, unless it's to get people riled up over markup.

Someone has to pay for

Non recurring costs of customizations, whether it's in the electronics or the casing.
The salaries of the engineers that create the product. And of those that test it.
Costs with having to redesign and make changes to the product.
Safety and government regulations and certifications, which can vary greatly depending on what else a product can be used for.
The salaries of the people the build it.
The cost of the facilities where everything is done.
All of the other people not directly related in actually producing the product - the accountants, legal, people cleaning the floors, answering the phones.

Just back from a visit to FlightScope HQ. Definitely more coming soon as their devices continue to impress me.

Do you have any info on the new X2 Elite?

Do you have any info on the new X2 Elite?

I do, what would you like to know.
I can say THPers will get a ton of information about this very device very soon.

I can say THPers will get a ton of information about this very device very soon.

based on what you know and what the elite offers and what the xi tour is offering would it make sense to dish out the extra $2-k and go for the elite? i know most ams don't need this but curiosity is getting the better of me and having one is something that could be fun especially for the challenges.

based on what you know and what the elite offers and what the xi tour is offering would it make sense to dish out the extra $2-k and go for the elite? i know most ams don't need this but curiosity is getting the better of me and having one is something that could be fun especially for the challenges.

Im not the guy to ask. It will differ from person to person.

I would say no, but that's just me. Consider this to be like a Mercedes or another high end car. The xi tour is loaded, but the elite is fully loaded. Can you justify the extra features (or in this case, measured data) for the additional price?

I would say no, but that's just me. Consider this to be like a Mercedes or another high end car. The xi tour is loaded, but the elite is fully loaded. Can you justify the extra features (or in this case, measured data) for the additional price?

Thanks...the tour does offer a lot of data and having the skills competition is a key feature for some fun practice sessions and even competition with friends.

Thanks...the tour does offer a lot of data and having the skills competition is a key feature for some fun practice sessions and even competition with friends.

Without question i would recommend spending the additional few bucks on the skills challenge package. It would make practice so much more fun than just working on your 100yd wedge shots.

Thanks, I'll wait to read your full review.

Without question i would recommend spending the additional few bucks on the skills challenge package. It would make practice so much more fun than just working on your 100yd wedge shots.

for sure...this is the reason i was looking at the xi+ over the xi last year when i was contemplating one. i am glad now i didn't pull the trigger and can see me picking one of these xi tours up later this year.

I did a quick search for this, but couldn't find it anywhere. I have a flightscope X2 elite, and the Trugolf e6 simulator. I cannot seem to get these 2 to talk to each other. I can get the setup utility to find the X2, it is hard wired, but once in game, it is always flightscope not detected. Anybody else have this setup? Do I need to install something in the flightscope app?

That's a tough one. I honestly don't know. FlightScope CS offer any assistance?

That's a tough one. I honestly don't know. FlightScope CS offer any assistance?

Not yet, I didn't get everything set up for the simulator until Friday, so not surprising there.

I am trying to connect it through WiFi now, since that seems to be the only way to get e6 and flightscope to talk, when connected to WiFi is the top green light supposed to be solid or blinking, mine is blinking and connected to flightscope, but no internet, so I think that means no e6 still.

Was it registering shots hard wired even though it was saying not connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only in flightscope app. I could hit shots all day in the flightscope app and it would record them. But when I open e6 nothing.

FlightScope HQ

In e6 were you using the range or course mode?

Wifi on your computer will only handle one connection at a time. You may need to run a land line to your computer for internet and then wifi to your flightscope.

Edit found this video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRAfvUvxGw4

In e6 were you using the range or course mode?

Wifi on your computer will only handle one connection at a time. You may need to run a land line to your computer for internet and then wifi to your flightscope.

Edit found this video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRAfvUvxGw4

On e6 I tried both the range and a course. If I have a hardwired connection to the flightscope when I open e6 I don't get any message. When I connect via the hotspot, when I open e6 I get a no flightscope sensors detected. I think you might be right about hardwired internet instead of hardwired to the flightscope.

On the video, that's what I was talking about, I can't calibrate it when it is hard wired, but it sees the connection. On wifi it never sees the flightscope.

Are you using a hotspot as in cellphone hotspot to connect you internet? If you are you can connect internet via USB.

If you can't get a landline to your computer pick up a wireless range extender and set that up to you network and then hardline into that from your computer.

Are you using a hotspot as in cellphone hotspot to connect you internet? If you are you can connect internet via USB.

If you can't get a landline to your computer pick up a wireless range extender and set that up to you network and then hardline into that from your computer.

The hotspot I was talking about was internal to the flightscope. I might have a range extender already, not sure if it has an Ethernet port though, but worth a shot. Hoping Flightscope is working tomorrow so I can talk to them and see what step I missed in getting this all lined out.

The hotspot I was talking about was internal to the flightscope. I might have a range extender already, not sure if it has an Ethernet port though, but worth a shot. Hoping Flightscope is working tomorrow so I can talk to them and see what step I missed in getting this all lined out.

Be interested to see what they say as I've been looking at picking one up later in the yr if things go well.

Which one do you have?

Back