2017 New Balance Golf Shoe Line

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New Balance Golf adds two new styles for men and one for women to the 2017 Footwear collection. The new styles feature lightweight, athletic-style designs with a waterproof microfiber upper and performance technologies that provide the ultimate in comfort.

New Balance 2017 Footwear Collection
Men's Footwear:

NBG2004
Play the fairways in lasting comfort of the men's NBG2004 golf shoe. This high-performance, lightweight athletic-style cleated golf shoe utilizes an innovative exoskeleton TPU outsole which is designed to move naturally with your foot. A water-resistant microfiber leather upper with FantomFit® technology helps you stay dry and provides ultralight support. A REVlite® midsole gives outstanding responsiveness and cushioning so you can fully concentrate on your next shot. The NBG2004 uses the low-profile Champ Slim-Lok® Zarma Tour2 cleat system.

NBG2004 Spec:
• Weight: 11.6 oz.
• Color: White/Red, Black/Green, Grey/Blue
• Sizes: 8 -12, 13, 14 Widths D, 2E, 4E
• MAP Pricing: $99.95
• Availability: Now
• Warranty: Two-year waterproof

2157420.jpg

NBG1005 Minimus
The new NBG1005 is a fresh take on the popular Minimus golf shoe. The shoe combines a waterproof microfiber leather upper with ultralight FantomFit® support. The REVlite® 4mm drop midsole gives outstanding responsiveness and comfort, combined with an ultra-flexible NDurance® spikeless rubber outsole and an Ortholite® insole for excellent ground contact, support and comfort all game long.

Minimus Specs
• Weight: 8.6 oz.
• Color: Black, Grey/Green, Grey/Orange, White/Blue
• Sizes: 8 -12, 13, 14 Widths D and 2E
• MAP Pricing: $99.95
• Availability: In Stock for Black and Grey/ Green; Feb. 15, 2016 for Grey/Orange
• Warranty: Two-year waterproof

2157421.jpg

Women's Footwear

NBGW1006 Minimus
The New Balance 1006 Minimus for women is also built on the popular running Minimus last and features a breathable mesh upper with ultralight FantomFit® support. The ReVlite® 4mm drop midsole provides lightweight cushioning and premium responsiveness and a Ortholite® insole that delivers cool, dry comfort. The flexible NDurance spikeless rubber outsole is designed for maximum traction.

Minimus Specs:
• Weight: 6.4 oz.
• Color: Grey/Pink, Blue, Purple
• Sizes: 6 -11; Widths B and D
• MAP Pricing: $69.95
• Availability: Now

2157422.jpg

Really interested in these, New Balance are always the best fit for my stupid giant feet

i'd totally wear those minimus when just kickin around. really like the way they look!

I like what I am seeing. 2 year WP on both of the top 2 models is nice.

Those are pretty good. I've never worn New Balance before but have heard they are really comfortable. Considering I mostly walk they may be one for me to check out for this season, especially at this price point. I'm curious what the other color combinations look like, especially the grey/blue in spiked and grey/green or white/blue in spikeless.

I'm going to definitely check these out. I need a new pair of shoes, and New Balance is all I wear on a day to day basis. With the extra wide widths offered, which few companies do in their golf lines, these will be on that list to try out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the looks of both new pairs. Will need to try them on

I like the first model shown in the colorway pictured.

Girls get all the cool colors.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nice looking shoes for sure. I do wish that "N" wasn't quite as big though.

Really like the NGB2004. Look great for what seems to be a reasonable price!

they don't have the orthopedic shoes look of most NB shoes, but we are not quite there yet.

I accidentally bought a pair of the Minimus last year; showed up at a course with no shoes. I have to say that they really surprised me! I was not expecting them to be as comfortable as they are, I've since walked several rounds with them. Of course this opened my eyes to the New Balance golf shoes and I'm looking forward to trying on the new NBG2004 when I see them.

I don't know why I've never given New Balance a chance before. I think the Minimus was the only golf shoe I have tried on that my foot fit perfectly. Still pull the trigger on them for some dumb reason. Their lineup looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright alright. I can kind of dig those color ways. NB getting better with every iteration it seems.

These models look good to my eye. The forbids ones weren't bad but felt heavy

Both of those look really comfortable. I'm liking the style of the 1005.

They look comfortable, and New Balance is known for that. But, at 11.6 and 8.6 pounds, that sounds a little heavier than I'm used to wearing. I'll have to look up the weight of the pair I just bought to compare. Heck, they could be lighter.

Edit: :dohanim: Ounces, not pounds.

Last edited:
Great looking options NB! I've been intrigued by the New Balance since I've seen Hideki Matsuyama wearing them on Tour. The NBG2004 have a great look and scream comfort as well. Can't wait to see/hear more!

Bought a pair of NBG2004s for $99 in Nov last year and worn them for 4 rounds. They were very comfortable out of the box and look great! I highly recommend them if you have a hard to fit, wide foot.

I really like the spikeless shoes & that's a great price point.

I was at a shoe show in Atlanta last weekend and had the chance to really look at each of their shoes. Very well made and lighter than you might think. The 3001 is an awesome product. NB is #1 in baseball cleats at $75 bucks and above so they get cleated products. Worth a look.

I've been looking for a wide shoe. Will give these a look.

They look comfortable, and New Balance is known for that. But, at 11.6 and 8.6 pounds, that sounds a little heavier than I'm used to wearing. I'll have to look up the weight of the pair I just bought to compare. Heck, they could be lighter.

That's ounces, Ken. New Balance shoes are usually on the lighter side, despite their durability.

It seems their offerings are getting a little better every year.

I'll definitely have to check them out as i seem to only be able to cram my dogs into New Balance "sneakers"... golf shoes would be a godsend.. While i don't have an overly large foot (9 1/2) it is fairly wide (4E) :bulgy-eyes:

It's a chore sandwiching my delicate tootsies into products from most other shoe-makers who only seem to offer "Wide" or "Xtra Wide" which seem to be the equivalent of 2E, at best... if i give up golf, i'm thinking of taking up barefoot skiing.... should be a breeze...

Back