Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any other pics other than the sole of the club

About time theres an adjustable mini driver. Should be very popular.

Look like the Optiforce which I loved and I am sure I'll love this.
check the first post. there are some of the crown and face.

I may be off but it screams it to me. Easy to hit, long and accurate. With my new hip, it should be a good club.
I was thinking along the same lines.

I may be off but it screams it to me. Easy to hit, long and accurate. With my new hip, it should be a good club.

new hip and senior flex. You'll be good to go:alien:

Interesting, I always thought Callaway started the whole mini driver craze with their deep line.

Probably more accurate to say TM started it. They came out with the Rocketballz 3W - you might remember the hoopla over Phil using a (poorly done) black stealthed one in China. Callaway ultimately got him the Phrankenwood, which then turned into the Deeps for the masses.

Whether you call them a FW or mini Driver is mostly a matter of cosmetics and marketing. I'm sure there might be a tweak or two but essentially more loft, higher COG for those with swings that can take advantage of it.

Freddie: Did you love the FW or the driver? I never hit the driver, but loved the FW. Granted, I'm a low swing speed hack -- a.k.a. the target market.
The driver for me. I liked everything about it

Probably more accurate to say TM started it. They came out with the Rocketballz 3W - you might remember the hoopla over Phil using a (poorly done) black stealthed one in China. Callaway ultimately got him the Phrankenwood, which then turned into the Deeps for the masses.

Whether you call them a FW or mini Driver is mostly a matter of cosmetics and marketing. I'm sure there might be a tweak or two but essentially more loft, higher COG for those with swings that can take advantage of it.

The marketing craze was Phil, the RBZ and the Frankenwood. The amateur decided this was something to try as a result.

The first recent one that I can remember was really the Cobra Long Tom 2 wood. They seemingly released that 1 year too early. That was basically dead right when the demand hit. I've often wondered whether Cobra would take that head, repaint it and try again.

Having owned the LT2w (which I still have), the Mini and the 3Deep, I think the LT2W was by far the best. For me it is the longest AND the most forgiving. It's not just shaft length either. Mine is playing at 43.5. To me, it also looked the best, had the best sound and feel and had the best finish durability.

Callaway Mini 1.5 "driver"

Callaway Mini 1.5 "driver"

I love the looks of this and will be adding one to replace my 2Deep as soon as they are released!! Love the adjustable loft over the 2Deep.

Bertha-847-Wall.jpg

Merged with existing thread

Got this on my mind real bad. Need more information!!

Got this on my mind real bad. Need more information!!

I asked last week on social media when we would see on their site and launch date but didn't receive a reply unfortunately.

May 29th release date on this 1.5.

Wondering what loft it is

This will be fun to try, but far from part of my game. Enjoyed my 2 Deep experiment but have no qualms with my driver to use this.

Saw this in another forum from a reputable source his Callaway rep. The guys seems to get it right every time.

I saw this in person with the Callaway rep today, awesome looking, new headcover style similar to the new callaway drivers, couldn't take pics, but can't wait to put a swing on it, I thought he said june.

I saw this in person with the Callaway rep today, awesome looking, new headcover style similar to the new callaway drivers, couldn't take pics, but can't wait to put a swing on it, I thought he said june.

Should have grabbed it and ran Kyle!

No loft indication?

I'm loving my current mini driver however the adjustable aspect of this one is interesting. I'd love to hit one to compare to my gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back