Meeting THP'ERS for the 1st time 3 important tips

The first time out with THPers is always a little nerve wracking.....my first meeting with THPers was in Austin for one of the first THP tour van stops and I was first off the tee with JB and Jman....just a few nerves on that tee shot.....LOL

My first official THP event was the demo day in Reunion. I showed up and realized I didn't know anybody there. It was odd, but only for a few minutes.

Last edited:
Hahaha jlukes please elaborate

Lost a bet with GolferGal - and i had to show up to a THP event in a skirt and wear the skirt for the entire range/warm-up time. Thankfully I took the time to perfect my Michelle Wie putting stance prior to the event.

I know the other 40 of us THP'ers wish it was...there are some things that can never be unseen.

that was my first thp event as well, quite disturbing I have to admit.

Lost a bet with GolferGal - and i had to show up to a THP event in a skirt and wear the skirt for the entire range/warm-up time. Thankfully I took the time to perfect my Michelle Wie putting stance prior to the event.
That's epic

Ha, that's funny! I've done the same about check in. Drive up to bag drop..."sir, what's the name for the tee time?"..... ME:"uh, I don't know the name but it's 10:10.".

Truth! I guess I have done this about 5 or 6 times and it does always feel somewhat weird. I don't worry about it too much though as the first blind golf get together with a THPer for me was Ole Gray, after that all is just smooth sailing. :thumb:

Hahaha the second one particularly hits hone for me.

As such, in the future for THP get togethers I'm probably going to post a pic of myself in my golfing attire and hopefully others will do the same!

Wearing something THP related helps. I was at a course in the ATL area and as I was checking in, I see a guy with a THP hat on. I said something about it and it was SeeMore Guy. I wasn't even there to play with him, but he ended up teeing it up with me and my buddy. It was a pretty cool moment.

Wearing something THP related helps. I was at a course in the ATL area and as I was checking in, I see a guy with a THP hat on. I said something about it and it was SeeMore Guy. I wasn't even there to play with him, but he ended up teeing it up with me and my buddy. It was a pretty cool moment.
I dont have any THP gear. Only a bag tag :(

it was pretty funny checking in for rooms at Mission Inn as well as the course. The clerks were given the real names of roommates and guys were like sure ok sounds good and all that i know is his forum name. Then we get to the clubhouse and they have forum names instead of real names.

i did find it much easier at the meet and greet than just a tee time locally.

My first time meeting THPers I was nervous but everyone was super easy to find since there were about 20 of us. I nearly crapped myself when I had to tee it up in the first group and everyone was watching lol. My one tip is pay attention on the way to the course....I was so distracted/nervous I got pulled over for speeding and given a ticket lol.

My first time meeting THPers I was nervous but everyone was super easy to find since there were about 20 of us. I nearly crapped myself when I had to tee it up in the first group and everyone was watching lol. My one tip is pay attention on the way to the course....I was so distracted/nervous I got pulled over for speeding and given a ticket lol.

my first time with THPers was great too, met two great dudes in O'Carroll and Ddec, and they put up with my poor play, it was a great time

There's a funny story about being invited to spend some time in the special questioning room after being stopped by a border patrol agent while crossing the border to play golf with 3 guys whose names he doesn't know, but that he met on a golf forum called The HACKERS Paradise, and his forum name is ARMYgolf.

haha great story dude, THP is full of awesome people though. Never feel like you have to perform out there just because you're with THP --- Unless JB rolls around, then tank like most do haha (Ultimate Cooler)

I've been fortunate to be in the Ohio region for most of the local gatherings, which means I get to say "I'm with the THP or MikeDean group" hahahahaha

Thank goodness when I eventually play with adwillingham and ACovington that will be a little easier to narrow down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha great story dude, THP is full of awesome people though. Never feel like you have to perform out there just because you're with THP --- Unless JB rolls around, then tank like most do haha (Ultimate Cooler)

I've been fortunate to be in the Ohio region for most of the local gatherings, which means I get to say "I'm with the THP or MikeDean group" hahahahaha

#EasyPeasy

Haha. My first time meeting another THPer started off with "meet me at my hotel". Never forget the day I met Rob.

There's a funny story about being invited to spend some time in the special questioning room after being stopped by a border patrol agent while crossing the border to play golf with 3 guys whose names he doesn't know, but that he met on a golf forum called The HACKERS Paradise, and his forum name is ARMYgolf.

Hehehehe ArmyGolf's border misfortunes are legend at this point

I'm happy to meet and play with some fellow THPers for the first time this Saturday in Napa!

Haha. My first time meeting another THPer started off with "meet me at my hotel". Never forget the day I met Rob.

Ha. That was great. I couldn't believe you'd be willing to come pick up some stranger and take him to the driving range.

I still get emails from Stadium Golf by the way :)

SaA

Ha. That was great. I couldn't believe you'd be willing to come pick up some stranger and take him to the driving range.

I still get emails from Stadium Golf by the way :)

SaA

Actually one of the funniest things I've ever told my wife was explaining that we were going to the range and then golf and dinner. The look on her face was priceless. Can't wait to see you again man. Been a long time.

My first time meeting THPers was at a scramble last year. Like you, the mistake I made once I got there was I had no idea what anybody looked like! Each time I go to an outing, I make it a point to try and talk with new (to me) people and expand the group of people I will know by name going forward.

Meeting THP'ERS for the 1st time 3 important tips

Actually one of the funniest things I've ever told my wife was explaining that we were going to the range and then golf and dinner. The look on her face was priceless. Can't wait to see you again man. Been a long time.

No doubt too long. Maybe we can both make it into one of the remaining events.

If we made the GD, we could crash Hashtags office again. Although truth be told, I'd be more excited to see Ross :)

Back