Freddie Jacobson sets PGA tour putting record

CBaker

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Freddie Jacobson is currently on a PGA tour record streak of 524 consecutive holes without a 3 putt. Which makes me wonder how many I could go....I think for me I could go a round or two, but I play some weird greens sometimes and I'm not always what you'd call close to the pin all the time. So a 3 putt is bound to happen for me every now and then. I know I had a couple at Old Silo with those crazy greens they had down there.

So, how many holes do you think you could go without a 3 putt? Are you on a current streak?

For me I don't 3 putt very often but that's partly because I'm not hitting too many greens so quite often I'm chipping it from fairly close to the green which helps me generally put it really close and makes a 3 putt very unlikely.

I have gone a max of two consecutive rounds without a three putt. Last round....well we won't discuss how many three putts I had.

I could maybe go 3 or 4 holes lol.... I usually have 2 or 3 a round.

I don't know if I've ever made it through one round without a 3 putt. Certainly not in the last few years.
I just miss too many 2-3 foot putts to put a streak of any substance together. Hell, I've missed 8" putts.

We have some big greens. Not many rounds go by without a three putt for me.

It was easier to not have a three putt before the enlarged the greens.

2 years back I had a streak just over 5 rounds.

Last year it was only 2 I believe

Up until old silo i hadn't had one this season. And I had one first hole on Saturday lol so my streak is now 17 holes

Less than 18 holes. I'm usually good for a couple a round.

I don't remember the number of rounds but I went a few months when I was rolling the SeeMore M5. My distance control was the best ever. I need to get me another one of those putters.

Something like nine holes on average. Looking (briefly) at my recent scorecards, I have 17 holes with no 3-putts. My current streak is four holes....

...So, how many holes do you think you could go without a 3 putt?

My best was 3 rounds 11 holes and the hole I missed did a 360 out. Now however it seams like I've been having at least one a round.

I usually have one a round or every second. As putting a strong point in my game I am suprised how often I do 3 putt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rarely go a full round without one, 524 is quite impressive.

How many holes can I go without a 3 putt? As of Sunday it is 7, and pretty sure that's a record for me....Hey no where to go but up!

Up until old silo i hadn't had one this season. And I had one first hole on Saturday lol so my streak is now 17 holes

Those greens were so inconsistent haha

At my home course I may be able to go 3 or 4, the greens are relatively flat and that makes getting up and down fairly easy. With me only hitting 4 to 6 greens a round those are the only real 3 putt chances. On most other courses I play regularly I can just about count on at least one 3 putt per round.

I'd be thrilled to go 18 without one. I three-jacked after missing a 5-footer for birdie on Saturday. That stung.

I've gone 8 rounds without a 3 putt.

I think I have had at least 6 rounds in a row without one last year. I missed a lot of greens, and my chipping was pretty solid, so I could get it fairly close and 2-putt at the most.

Now that I’m hitting more and more greens, my putting average has gone up, and so has my number of 3-putts. Current streak is 0.

Nice thread here , makes me reminisce about the past. I could go maybe a dozen rounds with zero 3 putts during the seasons when I had a golf pass to only one course. Those passes can be costly, so during those times I would know every knoll/turn/odd break on the whole property. However other seasons when I didn't have a pass and travelled all the time I could 3 putt once or twice a round ( depends on the course) . Why playing traveling golf really judges how you are playing IMHO : playing the same track every round for year after year isn't a true test of golf skill . Also IMHO

Sadly I seem to average 2 or 3 a round.

I rarely go a full round without one, 524 is quite impressive.

I rarely go more than a round or maybe two and this is impressive. Good on Freddie!

A round without a 3-putt is a good round in my books.

Back