More than one set?

Have two sets of irons, wedges, 3w's, drivers and putters...

I have my main bag at home and a second bag on the road at work which is comprised of all the clubs that got kicked out of my main bag this year. I can go between bags fairly well without any difficulty except for the wedges as I miss my Clevelands when playing out of the second bag. I still have a set of component clubs that I played for 15 years before joining here. I would like to donate them somewhere and get them out of house.

I did have three complete sets of 14 clubs plus 6 additional putters. Wanting to play the irons kinda hurt me so I sold one set and I'll probably sell the other set this week. I don't like leaving them sitting around not being used. The extra putters will continue to grow as I LOVE putters.

I have two sets, ones in regular flex I need to get re-shafted and then the burner 2's I play. the old ones were cheap but I really like them so don't want to let them go at this point. :shrug:

3 sets - 1 that I currently play, the previous set, and a set that I just wanted to have!!

I have three my gamers, my backup / loaner set and my first new set. I think I may be selling off my loaner set to one of my buddies, they only have four or five rounds on them. Then upgrading my current irons and have them become my loaners. The first set I feel is going to be in the basement for a very long time.

I only have 1 set. I had one set, Mizuno blades when I was playing in college, then traded them for my current set Bridgetstone J33 combos (more forgiving since I don't play as much). I do have some spare wedges, putters and a driver around though. Never know when somebody needs to be benched!!!!

I do like my putters and have a couple but I think most golfers will have more than one putter. My girlfriend would go crazy if i had more than one set in the house

I know...old thread, but after playing a couple rounds with my new irons which are more players irons and less forgiving I'm glad I kept my old set around because I think I'm going to put them back in my bag. I love the new irons but I noticed big distance loss when I didn't catch the sweet spot which is all too often. Don't think I'll get rid of them but I'll put them in my extra bag until my swing gets more consistent and repeatable.

If I had been a member here when this thread started 2.5 years ago, I would have been able to say, 3 sets. Now I have one, and it's not even one of the previously mentioned three :)

I just traded in my 1st set on a driver and hybrid. 2nd set is in the bag, but the top and bottom end keep getting tweaked. 3rd set is coming in July from #THPLegacy. My current gamers will collect dust for a while after that as I put the Wilson Staff clubs through their paces on my home turf after Myrtle Beach.

I have 1 built set currently and 2 sets of heads in the garage. I honestly don't think there are too many pro's to having multiple sets. I should probably stick to one set for a while as I go through equipment faster than I play.

I currently have 3 sets... My Apex that I am gaming, my old set of Cobras that I just brutalized and a set of Adams XTD Tours that I made a super cheap Ebay bid and never expected to win.

Will let the Adams sit for a while, but want to check them out one of these days as they have some Matrix Programs in them.

I have a second set (Cleveland HiBore XLi's), but it's simply for guests visiting out of town who want to play but don't have their clubs with them. I don't ever see me going back to them, ever. I have enough hybrids, woods, drivers, and putters to give my guests options for a complete set to game. Hopefully they don't mind playing hyrons!

I used to keep everything, I had ten or eleven full bags from different companies. Once I got married, I would have to get rid of something when I something new. I have since gotten rid of all of the extras (excpt putters and a few spare shafts).

The only real upside I've seen to having extra stuff is if you're not sure yet what you want to game. I've got several woods, some Apex UT driving irons, and just added an Adams hybrid because I'm still figuring out what I can hit well at the top end of my bag. Once I have it figured out though, the rest of the stuff will probably get sold or traded.

I agree with JB that switching too often messes up your scores. I took my Speedblades out for a spin a few weeks ago while my Apexes were being reshafted and hit them terribly for the first several holes.

Currently gaming i25s but have a set of apex pros laying around that were given to me. Thinking about gaming the Apex pros during the next few weeks but plan on keeping at least two sets, one for when family visits.

I currently have 2 sets (XTD Forged and Rocketbladez Tour). I use the Rocketbladez Tour as my "travel" set as I don't trust airlines with my gamer clubs.

I have the "set" in my signature at my PA home (just golfed 27 yesterday @ Broad Run and 300 balls today @ the range).

I travel a lot (couple times a month) for business to Little Rock where I have a second set. What's the same in that set are the 3W, hybrids and 54*/58* wedges. What's different are the driver (Nike SQ) and 6-9i / PW which are circa '96 King Cobra Oversized. The irons are being re-shafted as right now and should be done when I am there week after next. While I loved the Cobras, the shafts on my jpx850's have spoiled me and I couldn't take the whippiness of the original autoclave graphite shafts on the King Cobras. I hope the re-shaft works or otherwise I'm buying some more 850's.

Switching between sets is a little odd as the Cobras are a lighter swing weight and have more of an offset so there is a bit of adjustment.

I have two complete sets and an additional set of irons.
One set I play.
One set I travel with.
The irons are my old clubs, I don't want to get rid of them. I keep them in case guests want to play.

Only ever have one playing set at a time. There may be an extra club here and there, ie recently dropped my 4 iron for a 4 hybrid and I've kept the 4 iron, but full sets sitting around or more than one as a gaming set? I'd never get that past my banker...

I own 1 set , currently love this so i do not see that changing soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently have 2 sets but once I have decided on the winner I will only have one set

I have two complete sets. I game one of them and the other is a backup set or if someone needs a loaner they can use that instead of renting.

2 sets, one gamer & one set I tinker with, constantly (shafts, lofts, lies... whatever!)

Back