Memberships in myrtle beach

ThePolishDude

Reaction score
Handicap
3.4 GHIN
I have the opportunity to take on a new role with my current company and relocate to the myrtle beach area. As we all know there is plenty of golf to be played down there. Our office will be located somewhere in Conway and I am looking for suggestions on 2 things. Where is a good location to raise a family as we welcomed our little man 4 months ago. Second thing is it worth being a member at a club or just use local advantage to golf. We do like the murrelet inlet area and I do like the idea of being a member at tpc myrtle beach. Their cost for a family is 2k a year plus carts. Feedback appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My preacher at my old Church was telling me of some course out there that serves clam chowder at the turn. He said it's the oldest course there. Just can't remember the name.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My preacher at my old Church was telling me of some course out there that serves clam chowder at the turn. He said it's the oldest course there. Just can't remember the name.

Pine Lake

Used to serve chowder at the turn. They don't anymore. It's a decent course.

That's it! Just couldn't remember the name, lol. Well that stinks they don't because I love clam chowder. Lol

TPC Myrtle is beautiful course and that's not a bad price.
I'd look into local discounts too.
When I was there in August, my buddy and I got paired up with 2 locals at Thistle.
While we paid about $100 each for 18 holes, IIRC they paid around $30 with some type of Myrtle Beach Golf discount card.
I think you can only book like the night before or something like that but seems well worth it with the price they paid for the round.

This is one: https://www.myrtlebeachgolfpassport.com/
And another: https://www.primetimescard.com/

I can't remember which one they had but depending on exactly what your looking for (variety of courses but tee times are a bit up in the air or the stability of a membership at one course), these could be something to look at.

I lived in the Myrtle Beach area two times and preferred living in the South Strand (Surfside Beach, Murrells Inlet) area. Schools were good and a more relaxed lifestyle than the almost circus-like atmosphere in MB. Not a bad drive from there to Conway.

In regards to golf memberships, when I was last living there 12 years ago, there was a management group called Links Group that owned 7 or 8 courses throughout the Grand Strand. A very reasonably priced yearly membership fee gave me access to all of their courses (all very solid tracks at that time). Could walk for free in afternoons or pay a set cart fee.

I am down in Myrtle Beach for my 6th winter in a row, staying in the Surfside Beach community. I've purchased the Golf Passport card every year. The discounts are great and the courses are both challenging and beautiful I am from Toledo, Ohio, and the sheer number of good courses here is amazing. It took a little adaptation for the different playing conditions here, as the grasses are totally different from home, but something you adapt to. I am less than a mile away from a par 3 course called Tupelo Bay, which is great for polishing up your short game. Also, I purchased a driving range card there for $99 which entitles you to hit as many buckets of balls as you want for 30 days. Just can't beat it.

Back