Travel and Lodging Thread - Kansas City Invitational

Creekmoor is the nicest public course in Kc, but it is pretty expensive and kind of far from where everyone will be saying.

another one of my favorites is Stone Canyon

Tiffany Greens
Deer Creek
Shoal Creek
Adams Pointe
Ironhorse

Tiffany Greens - Nice, bit of a drive from down south
Deer Creek - pass
Shoal Creek - Also good, but also a bit of a drive
Adams Pointe - " "
Ironhorse - I use to work here, good layout, decent price, typical KC course, price is right, easy drive from the hotel.

Deer Creek and Ironhorse will both be fairly close. I don't play much golf on the Kansas side of the state.

Yea, location will play a big part of it. Hopefully we can get a few THP groups to play together at the same location.

Im down for that on Friday to get some on course work in you know. So I wont look too bad getting my ass beat down LOL

My plans so far...
Arrive Thursday afternoon sometime, top golf Thursday night, golf all day on Friday, the obvious on Saturday, leave early afternoon on Sunday.

Dustin, you still down to split a room, right?

I am down my brother, will be cool to catch up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiffany Greens - Nice, bit of a drive from down south
Deer Creek - pass
Shoal Creek - Also good, but also a bit of a drive
Adams Pointe - " "
Ironhorse - I use to work here, good layout, decent price, typical KC course, price is right, easy drive from the hotel.

We will have to agree to disagree on Deer Creek. Like I said, I frequent the MO side instead of Kansas so my knowledge isn't too great, but having played Deer Creek quite a few times I like it.

We will have to agree to disagree on Deer Creek. Like I said, I frequent the MO side instead of Kansas so my knowledge isn't too great, but having played Deer Creek quite a few times I like it.
I think getting a decent course close to the hotels would be preferable to me.

It's not that it's a bad course, it's just the layout doesn't fit my eye and what I like.

Still trying to decide my plan of action.

$55 if you want to play at Prairie Highlands (price good all weekend)

Creekmoor is the nicest public course in Kc, but it is pretty expensive and kind of far from where everyone will be saying.

another one of my favorites is Stone Canyon

Tiffany Greens
Deer Creek
Shoal Creek
Adams Pointe
Ironhorse
Ironhorse looks nice. Troon course as well.
Shoal Creek looks nice as well, from what I could see on their website.
Tiffany Greens looks ok as well.
What about:
Falcon Ridge, http://www.falconridgegolf.com/
Canyon Farms, http://www.canyonfarmsgolfclub.com/

Travel and Lodging Thread - Kansas City Invitational

Falcon ridge is nice never even heard of the other course

Edit. Looks like canyon farms is the old golf club of Kansas. It is a neat layout but conditions were awful before new management. Not sure if that is fixed

Friday may be cheaper, working on that

If people want to scout it and play after 2 on Friday it's only 45 bucks rack rate.

If people want to scout it and play after 2 on Friday it's only 45 bucks rack rate.

It would be cool to know who my partner is and we could go play ourselves. Hey got to a have a little strategy

Count me in where ever there is a spot. I'm down to play 36 on Friday but I would like a look at PH before the event. A little course knowledge can go a long way when the chip s are on the line

Plans,,,,
Want to come thursday but I think I will come Friday.

Sharing a room with Parshooter, then play some awesome golf and hopefully not lose by 5 strokes lol...

Yea, location will play a big part of it. Hopefully we can get a few THP groups to play together at the same location.

I'm down for that and pretty flexible.

Only thing I'm set on is that I'm playing early friday and playing all day.

I'm up for a Friday & sun round. Sunday dealt would be at another course & fri play Prairie to get a feel.

I am in whereever the majority are playing, but would like 1 round at the highlands.

I've played practice rounds before and am currently on a zero win streak, so I was thinking of switching that up lol.

I'm down for that and pretty flexible.

Only thing I'm set on is that I'm playing early friday and playing all day.

Well, looks like my Friday decision is made.

Anyone down to see a Royals game, they are killer again this year. Hosmer ftw!

Anyone down to see a Royals game, they are killer again this year. Hosmer ftw!

Friday night?

Back