Poll: Which Epic did you buy, standard or Subzero?

Poll: Which Epic did you buy, standard or Subzero?

• Callaway Epic Standard

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Callaway Epic Subzero

Votes: 24 51.1%

• Total voters

weeicemon

Reaction score
Handicap
If you would post your approx SS, that would be really interesting as well. Seems that the SZ is uber hot.

I have yet to come up with the cash to buy one (so I didn't vote), but once I do, I'll be buying the SZ in a 9* loft.
My swing speed is around 105 on average.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure how accurate the sims around here are, but I've been seeing 110-5 this winter on both the sims and the GC2 at our Dick's Sporting Goods.

I ordered a 9* SZ, but I've been told it's backordered until 3/15.

I purchased the standard Epic. Swing speed 85-88

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swing speed is around 105-110 and got fitted into the Epic. I could've gone either way but felt like the Epic would give me a better driver for the many times my swing is off.

I got mine at the grandaddy, but swing is mid to high 90's. Aldila rogue max 65-s. Epic worked better for me than the subzero during my fitting...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Sz 9* 112-116

Haven't bought one yet, but likely will (pending a few others to try out) towards the end of the month. SS 95-100, and I'll be getting the Epic. I launch lower, and need a head to give me more spin to really get the distance out of my swing speed. Last I tried, the SZ was about 300-400 less in spin, and far, far too low.

~Rock

Have a SZ 9* on order. Swing speed 95.

SS~95 mph.. I got the Epic..

I got mine at the grandaddy, but swing is mid to high 90's. Aldila rogue max 65-s. Epic worked better for me than the subzero during my fitting...

Have you seen your swing speed decline as of late? If i recall you had carry of 275 with this and with mid 90s swing speed thats like a freak of nature mathematically as im right at those speeds as well and insanely jealous of that carry

Epic.
Fujikura Pro 62 Green Stuff

Super Stroke TX1 grip

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Epic, 9° stiff Matrix Black Tie 6M3.

SS is 105-110 presently and although the shaft is recommended for a bit slower SS, I think it can handle more than I could ever offer up.

SZ 9*, Diamana whiteboard 72g, +1/N, 100mph

Have you seen your swing speed decline as of late? If i recall you had carry of 275 with this and with mid 90s swing speed thats like a freak of nature mathematically as im right at those speeds as well and insanely jealous of that carry
If I get it on the screws which isn't as consistent and swing a bit harder getting up to a bit over 100 I can get that distance. Problem is consistancy. I think since the newness has worn off, and since ive been fighting a minor shoulder pain, I've lost a bit too. So right now I'm averaging 250 ish which is still great. But I've hit monsters with this as well so I'm a bit all over the place. I think I lose focus and forget some swing mechanics and that messes me up. Wind probably helps a bit on those super long ones.

My last round, I couldn't hit more than 250 on a great strike, round I played in December on a 530 yard par 5, hit it to 195 from the flag, but had a little help from it being slightly downhill and some wind from behind.

I'm not super consistent, but if my swing is working that day and i make great contact the ball goes. I have long arms so I can get pretty good club speed with my driver. I tend to swing in a pretty wide arc. I will say I can consistently go over the back fence at the range and ball is still at around 20 or so feet above the short fence at my local range. Back fence is 250.

Lately ive been swinging easier to go easier on my shoulder. Since I jacked it up a bit at the range hitting off mats and hitting way too big of a bucket. I've always been a pretty long hitter with a driver.

Can I use Internet golfer as an excuse too?

Last edited:
I haven't purchased, but from what I've been fitting into better, it would be the standard Epic in 9*. SS around 105-108.

I have both my SS right now is around 98 to 100 and epic is better for me. It's not because of spin it's because the SZ is fade biased.
I think to many people are buying SZ just because it sounds cool lol

Subzero with a SS right around 100mph.

My swing speed can climb above 100 as well to 102 to 105, but more consistently it's a bit lower and mid to high 90s.

SS is 100-102 or so on a good day. I went with Sub Zero. Spin is borderline too low for me but launch is good enough that I think I'm getting away with it.

Haven't purchased yet. But the Epic will be my next driver.

Do not have one yet but hit both at 10.5 loft at #SnellKickoff and saw better results with the SZ. SS is in the mid 90's. When the time comes, I will likely try to get fit prior to dropping $500 on a driver.

I have both in 9 Deg and am waiting for a Yellow HZRDUS and a T1100 HZRDUS shaft. Right now, I'm playing the Epic with a Black HZRDUS Shaft at 8 Deg. Swing speed is between 110 and 113 consistently.

Back