Myrtle Beach Course Recommendations

CybrSlicr

Reaction score
Handicap
I am heading to Myrtle Beach for the last week of July for a softball tournament for my daughter and I will have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to play golf. I am looking for course recommendations for a bogey golfer - I love well landscaped courses that are challenging without being punishing. Of course, if there are any "must play" courses, I am open to those too.

Thanks in advance.

True Blue and Caledonia are amazing

True Blue
Caledonia

And its not close. Also where we host THP Legacy, one of the finest events created where each of the 16 people participating get a full tour staff deal of 14 clubs, bag, accessories, etc.

Thanks. Is there a better time to play in Myrtle Beach? I am used to getting up and hitting the course at 7:00a - but it sounds to me like I might be better off playing in the evening in Myrtle because of the heat.

Thanks. Is there a better time to play in Myrtle Beach? I am used to getting up and hitting the course at 7:00a - but it sounds to me like I might be better off playing in the evening in Myrtle because of the heat.

If you can play first thing in the morning, it's the way to go. The earlier the better. It still may be hot and humid. You would to wait until really late in the day for it to cool off.

I enjoyed the Work Tour Golf Links when we went to MB a couple years ago. Each hole is modeled after a famous hole from around the world (Pinehurst, St. Andrews, Amen Corner at Augusta, etc.) http://theworldtourgolf.com

add the dunes club to the list.

add the dunes club to the list.
This is right at the top of my wish list for the next time i get to go to MB, especially since they redid the course a year or two ago... Was just talking to one of the guys here at work and he's part of a big group that plays 11 courses in 5 days each year there... might be on my radar for 2016...

Long Bay, Abredeen, The Pearl are also nice courses. I live in the area and if you need a partner let me know. i'm also a Primetime member so I can get you out on some nice courses for a good rate.

Booked at Caledonia for Monday morning... it's a start :)

River hills is a good track too.

Kings North is a favorite of mine in MB. I played Wizard and Waterway Hills when I was there in May and I wouldn't recommend either of them.

Try for True Blue also. Basically across the street and a wonderful contrast to Caledonia. Two of the best places to play.

Back