The best shot of the round

I hit a ton of good ones today bit my favorite was my drive on the par 5 17th.
Just ripped a high straight drive over the bunker guarding the corner and it left me with a 9i to get on in two.
Birdie.

I hit a bunker shot from short sided to tap in range. I was pretty happy about that shot.

Had a rough start, but after that, I had quite a few nice ones:

1: 25 foot birdie putt that went in. Severely downhill, left to left to right break, line and speed were perfect.
2: 6i on a tricky par 3. Stuck it 15 feet left, exactly where I wanted to. Missed the putt for bird, but a nice par.
3: Awesome 300 yard wind-assisted fade from the tee. Dead center of the fairway. Let's not talk about me skulling the approach that folowwed in to the water hazard.
4: 4i from the tee on a 340 yard par 4. If you can hit it left to right and land it between two bunkers at 190, the ball will catch a huge down slope. Did so perfectly, and the ball raced on a good additional 75 yards.

8 iron from 137 out to a severely elevated green. Divot was 6" in front of the cup & the ball ended up 6" behind the cup.

Should've gone in.

I hit a ton of good ones today bit my favorite was my drive on the par 5 17th.
Just ripped a high straight drive over the bunker guarding the corner and it left me with a 9i to get on in two.
Birdie.

You make me sick dude. Hahaha

Spun a ball back with the wedge for the first time ever. Left myself about 3 feet. Was awesome. Felt like a real golfer.

Spun a ball back with the wedge for the first time ever. Left myself about 3 feet. Was awesome. Felt like a real golfer.
Nice Ricky! What ball were you playing?

I'd reward myself with a sausage egg and cheese biscuit if I were you.

Nice Ricky! What ball were you playing?

I'd reward myself with a sausage egg and cheese biscuit if I were you.
Lol. The mystery ball we are forum testing....

Driver off par 5 over water to narrow fairway...PW to 15'...Z3w to eagle.

In a round where I played my best ever from start to finish, my nomination for shot of the round wasn't the best one but it was the most important one. After a best ever stretch of four holes going -3, I was on a run of 4 bogeys. My tee shot on the par 3 16th missed the green short side. I took my 58° and chipped it to 3'. That righted the ship and I finished out strong for my first sub 40 9 and a PB 80. But stopping the bleeding with a shot in not the best at (the short chip) was huge for me.

Par 3 11th playing 200 downhill to a back pin about 12 ft from the fringe. Hit 5 iron over the flag stopped 2" in the fringe.

Par 3 16th, I hit my tee shot in the front green side bunker. I got out of the bunker but was left on the grass up slope. Had about 30' to the pin. My chip landed about a foot from the pin and hopped into the hole to save par.

I also hit my approach on 18 to about 3' and made the birdie putt to finish the back 9 with a 2 over 37 after shooting 49 on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

117 par 3 into the wind. Hit an 8i to 10 feet behind the hole and made the birdie putt.

Short par 5 slight dogleg left. My second best shot of the round was the drive which perfectly cut the left corner and ended up in the right fairway with 226 yards to the pin. I pulled 3w which I struggle to hit off the deck because it's strong lifted and has a smaller head compared to modern FW (it's about a 15 yr old club). Well, thanks to swing tips from Freddie, I hit the most pure shot with that club in a live round in my life. It was hit right in line with the flag, landed just short of the green, and rolled off the back. I thought it had a chance of rolling into the hole. I've never had a legitimate chance of reaching a par 5 in 2 and here I am just overshooting it. Here's where I ended up looking back to front:

226132059df6d4920911101042000acf.jpg

Unfortunately I also overshot my chip and ended up 2 putting, but that couldn't take away the feeling of hitting that approach shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Par 4 fifth hole is pretty short at 325. Went 5i off the tee and had about 120 left. It was super windy today so I went gap wedge. I hit a beauty and flew the hole but had it spin back to 6 ft. Sucks I missed the birdie.
uploadfromtaptalk1433118058271.jpg

Had some really good chips to get close to one putt to save par. But my best shot of the round today was probably a 15 foot putt to save par.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going to start it with... The Heavenwood is my favorite club in my bag.. Maybe ever.

530 yard par 5 that was into the wind pretty good.

Tee ball.. Was not good. Missed it right and the fairway is fairly tight. So, I had to go over trees to get it back into the fairway, just as an example, I had about 310 to the hole. But had a great lie that was on the tee box of the hole right of the fair. Well right, that is. Hit a really good Heavenwood and it cleared the first set of trees and got hung up in the 2nd set.. Hit the tree and then the very bottom base of another and shot right and back into an adjacent fairway. So, I am hitting my 3rd shot with 210 yards into the wind.

Ball was in the fairway of the adjacent hole.. Stepped on the Heavenwood and absolutely pured it, so high and so straight... I had to clear some extremely tall trees and the ball cleared them with ease and was headed right at the green. It landed hole high and about 12 feet right of the hole. It was absolutely one of the best golf shots I've ever hit and seen in person. I got up to the green and the divot was about 2-3 below where the ball ended up. That was with the Heavenwood from 210-215 out... It was absolutely perfect. My birdie putt, not so much.

7i from 163 to 10' past the hole followed by two nice putts from the wife for par and winning a new cobra driver

I like that shot of the round. I had a similar hehe.

Mine was a wedge from 113 to 10ft below the hole, and the wife draining the birdie putt. I was so happy for her.

148-yard uphill par 3. Hit a 6-iron that looked like it was going in. Green is elevated so I couldn't see it, but I thought it was going to be very tight. When I got up to the green I found the ball mark was about 3 feet from the hole, but the ball actually backed up to about 8 feet away. Just lipped out the birdie putt but tapped home the par.

#16 is a 365 yard par 4. I hit driver down the left hand side to about 140 which is about an 8 iron for me. The ball was in the first cut and the shot was into the wind. Pin was in the back. I pulled 8, thought about it, went back and grabbed my 7 and dropped it 10 feet from the pin. Felt really good to think through my club selection taking all the conditions into account, choose the right club and execute the shot just how I saw it in my mind's eye.

Par 3 16th, I hit my tee shot in the front green side bunker. I got out of the bunker but was left on the grass up slope. Had about 30' to the pin. My chip landed about a foot from the pin and hopped into the hole to save par.

I had virtually the same situation Sunday. Mis-hit an 8-iron and the ball ended up on a steep slope between the green and bunker. Popped the ball up straight up in the air, one bounce in in for birdie. . .it was even the 16th hole.

My best shot came on 18. I couldn't reach the green in two from a fairway bunker, so I left myself about 45 yards. The green was two-tiered and the pin was about 15 feet from the incline, on the top shelf. I was in the fairway with a very tight lie, so opening the face a little made me nervous that I would shank the shot. I hit a lowish pitch that hit into the incline, the ball skipped and stopped 6 feet from the pin. Two feet shorter, and it would have rolled back down the hill and I would have been left with a 30 foot putt. Two feet farther, and it would have been 20 feet past the pin.

I made the putt for par, and finished the last 6 holes of the round 1 under par

159 into a par-3 Saturday with what I'll bet is the smallest green in Texas (#3 at Red Wolf in Huffman). Anyway, I flew it right over the pin and made the 12' putt for birdie.

Not that 12' was such a great result, but I was thinking ACE until it landed!

My best shot of yesterdays round was a 9 iron, 146 yards to a back pin and stuck it to 3 feet.
Was playing a chapman tourney with the wife, she made the putt for a deuce that was good for $37.50

Back