Home of the Unofficial Armpit Cup - North vs South Jersey

weather as of today still looking great for us:)

SUNDAY

Sun & Clouds

64*

Precip chance 10%

winds NE to 9mph

No weather talk. Its a THP rule.

Also I don't know if this has been brought up yet. how are we going to play the ball? down, roll it in your own fairway, or up all over? I prefer down, but I'm good with whatever the general consensus is.

Also I don't know if this has been brought up yet. how are we going to play the ball? down, roll it in your own fairway, or up all over? I prefer down, but I'm good with whatever the general consensus is.

I believe we are playing it down everywhere, with the exception of footprints in the sand traps. If your ball is in a footprint then you can consult with your group to see if it's ok to lift rake and place.

I'm not sure I know what this question means. What is meant by playing the ball up or down?

I am sorry but I don't know what any of this means.

I think playing it up is referring to lift clean and place.

Yes, playing it "down" means as it lies and no rolling or improving it. Playing it "up", means you can roll it, lift it, clean it and place it. Playing it "up in your fairway" means you can only improve your lie in the fairway of the hole you're playing. If you're in the rough or in the fairway of #8 when you're playing #6, you can't touch it.

Do we have a consensus on playing the ball as it lies over the whole course?

Is it really wet out that way still? I know at the KY Invitational we had lift clean and place implemented

I would suggest as best to the rules as we know how and can.
We've already decided (I believe) to play lost and oob balls by the rules with proper stroke penalties, provisionals and such so I would assume we are to play the ball by the rules as it lies, except for whatever circumstances the rules dictate.
But I am all for whatever is decided.
I don't know every rule in the book and I doubt that every one here does but enough of you probably do. In the end I think as long as we have the most basic rules covered for the types of scenarios that most often do pop up on a regular basis we should be fine. I would say lets play by them best we can and make collective fair decisions within the foursome when an unknown, unfamiliar, or less frequent scenario pops up.

Last edited:
We can always decide to play it up once we see how course conditions are the morning of. Until then, I think the consensus is to play it down except in footprints and to talk anything else over with your group.

I'd love to see this thread get back on track with more trash talk TBH. Pete is already pulling the, "I haven't played at all recently card," but I think it's only to demoralize me once he starts piling up the score. Kind of a message like, "just imagine how bad it would be if I did some prep work."

Also, not golf related, but is there one good restaurant in North Jersey? Please don't say Bertucci's or the like. And no, the mom and pop place that reeks of cigarette smoke, but makes awesome "gravy" doesn't count either. It's basically diners or PF Chang's.

Maybe the course will have a ruling the day of implemented.

We can always decide to play it up once we see how course conditions are the morning of. Until then, I think the consensus is to play it down except in footprints and to talk anything else over with your group.

I'd love to see this thread get back on track with more trash talk TBH. Pete is already pulling the, "I haven't played at all recently card," but I think it's only to demoralize me once he starts piling up the score. Kind of a message like, "just imagine how bad it would be if I did some prep work."

Also, not golf related, but is there one good restaurant in North Jersey? Please don't say Bertucci's or the like. And no, the mom and pop place that reeks of cigarette smoke, but makes awesome "gravy" doesn't count either. It's basically diners or PF Chang's.
Plenty of good restaurants.

And the scorecards have been updated and I am getting strokes. Thanks ACole!

One time he gave me a stroke a hole at Ballyowen. I played well, even rattling a pin on a par 3, but he made a ridiculous 30 foot putt downhill, which killed me and I missed my birdie putt. He's too nice though and will probably give you too many putts.

One time he gave me a stroke a hole at Ballyowen. I played well, even rattling a pin on a par 3, but he made a ridiculous 30 foot putt downhill, which killed me and I missed my birdie putt. He's too nice though and will probably give you too many putts.

I have no shame. I take what I can get.

Plenty of good restaurants.

You better be getting a bunch of strokes. The last time I played with him he shot even par.

For the sake of ease maybe we should play up all over. No questions or issues that way.

You better be getting a bunch of strokes. The last time I played with him he shot even par.

He is a sandbagger fo sho. Shows up to CT invitational and wins and then disappears into the night.

For the sake of ease maybe we should play up all over. No questions or issues that way.

This sounds like a good idea. It may help keep the pace of play issues in check too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only get 4. Am I screwed?

I have played with him twice and both times he shot near par. Havent played with him in a year or 2 but maybe..

I have played with him twice and both times he shot near par. Havent played with him in a year or 2 but maybe..

PGG is ACole really a 10? Not from I am hearing ha. #ringerwithahighcap

If he normally shoots in the high 70s, that would make him closer to a 4 or 5 handicap

If he normally shoots in the high 70s, that would make him closer to a 4 or 5 handicap

We may have to do some tinkering. Was this South Jersey's plan all along. Tell people the wrong date then pack the team with ringers?

Back