NHL 2014-2015 Season

Was the other living in Boston?

Speaking of Boston, what channel are their playoff games on?

Sorry, I'm still enjoying the collapse.

If by other you mean wife then the answer is yes.

I'm not much of a Bruins fan so I don't mind them missing the playoffs.

Being a Kings fan, watching the playoffs is a bit like only getting to peek through the gates at Disneyland and seeing other kids ride the Matterhorn over and over and over again.

Crest has room on his bandwagon if you want to join.

Being a Kings fan, watching the playoffs is a bit like only getting to peek through the gates at Disneyland and seeing other kids ride the Matterhorn over and over and over again.
Don't take thit the wring way , but I have no sympathy for Kings fans.

#nogirlstwocups

Huge goal by Daniel, saw him this morning. As they live blocks from me I see then both quite often. Wished him good luck this morning seems to be working :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge goal by Daniel, saw him this morning. As they live blocks from me I see then both quite often. Wished him good luck this morning seems to be working :p

That's cool.

27 seconds until I can breathe

YES!!! We will die another day!

The Habs are ALL OVER the Sens right now.

And my goodness are those Montreal fans loud. Its awesome!

I just read trough 6 pages of debates, I am glad I missed this one, but I agree with Dan on all counts.

Huge Preds win last night to avoid elimination.

Can we win one in Chicago? Inquiring minds want to know....

Still can't believe the Wings blew that game last night. They looked very run down and complacent in that 3rd period. Well it has now become a best of 3 series.

Still can't believe the Wings blew that game last night. They looked very run down and complacent in that 3rd period. Well it has now become a best of 3 series.

They probably won't say it, but they have to be absolutely stunned and angry they let the Lightning back into that game. It was over, and then Tyler Johnson turned into Superman. I am not sure Detroit will recover from that.

Frankly I can't either. The Lightning hadn't shown any sign of life on offense in the game. I was already pissed about the series, certainly wasn't expecting to regain home ice.
They probably won't say it, but they have to be absolutely stunned and angry they let the Lightning back into that game. It was over, and then Tyler Johnson turned into Superman. I am not sure Detroit will recover from that.
Mrazak rebounded nicely last time he forgot how to play goalie, I wouldn't be surprised to see him do it again.

I had just gotten finished ranting about how invisible the triplets had been in that game. I think they heard me.

Frankly I can't either. The Lightning hadn't shown any sign of life on offense in the game. I was already pissed about the series, certainly wasn't expecting to regain home ice.

Mrazak rebounded nicely last time he forgot how to play goalie, I wouldn't be surprised to see him do it again.

I had just gotten finished ranting about how invisible the triplets had been in that game. I think they heard me.

Honestly I think you are right. Game, set, match. You can't give up those types of goals and expect to win. I looked up in a matter of minutes the game was tied.

I just read trough 6 pages of debates, I am glad I missed this one, but I agree with Dan on all counts.

Of course you do, Marty

Last edited:
If it was up to Marty there would be no hitting.... 2 hand touch

And then we'd see P.K. collapse every time he gets touched too hard :)

Guess who has a wedding followed by a social event that can't be missed on Saturday.

No game 5 for me.

NHL 2014-2015 Season

I sure would like to see the Flames/Nucks go to a Game 7, if they could just beat the hell out of each other before the next series that would be super.

As for this hitting debate, it's a tough call. In the case of Wilson I see a legal hit on a vulnerable player. To eliminate that type hit you have to tweak the rules and you introduce a very grey area of who can be hit. As it stands now the rules indicate that anyone is fair game for open ice hits and its on all skaters to be aware of their situation. You start changing that and you take away what is a hard and fast rule.

In Game 3 the Ducks Matt Beleskey flattened Adam Pardy of the Jets, he had the puck on his stick and it was clean but Pardy was clearly concussed on the play, it also directly led to a goal. It was heralded as a good hockey play and I agree, you play hard because that is the game and unfortunately injuries happen. On both Wilson and Beleskey they weren't intending to hurt anyone, they were just playing the game. Long rant over.

As for this hitting debate, it's a tough call. In the case of Wilson I see a legal hit on a vulnerable player. To eliminate that type hit you have to tweak the rules and you introduce a very grey area of who can be hit. As it stands now the rules indicate that anyone is fair game for open ice hits and its on all skaters to be aware of their situation. You start changing that and you take away what is a hard and fast rule.

In Game 3 the Ducks Matt Beleskey flattened Adam Pardy of the Jets, he had the puck on his stick and it was clean but Pardy was clearly concussed on the play, it also directly led to a goal. It was heralded as a good hockey play and I agree, you play hard because that is the game and unfortunately injuries happen. On both Wilson and Beleskey they weren't intending to hurt anyone, they were just playing the game. Long rant over.

Well said, Heez. I could not agree with this more.

I just saw the Wilson hit for the first time. That was borderline, but I would say because he left his feet and went towards his head that it's definitely a penalty. As vicious as it was, I honestly wouldn't categorize it as a dirty hit though. Puck was there, and I just think Wilson was too much bigger than him and makes it look worse than it could have been. It makes it harder on him to make a clean hit due to the size difference, but a hit to the head is a hit to the head. If that hit was on someone like Getzlaf for example, that's not even a penalty, and I doubt he's even knocked off his feet.

Back