New Euro players on PGA

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Tyrell Hatton, Thomas Pieters and Tommy Fleetwood are playing more PGA events this year and all have been playing well in Europe and we got to see Pieters at the Ryder Cup. Which one gets their first win?

I think Pieters gets his first

Tyrell Hatton, Thomas Pieters and Tommy Fleetwood are playing more PGA events this year and all have been playing well in Europe and we got to see Pieters at the Ryder Cup. Which one gets their first win?

I think Pieters gets his first

They are all playing some solid golf, too. I'm gonna say Tyrell Hatton.

They are all playing some solid golf, too. I'm gonna say Tyrell Hatton.

They have carried their good play here. Iirc Hatton has gone from somewhere in the 100s in OWGR to 17 in the past 6 months or so

Pieters is the best of those 3. So I'd say him. Hatton needs to be told his hats look ridiculous.

I'll agree with Hatton. Pieters has a bright future but Hatton has looked strong the last couple of weeks to go along with his rise in the rankings.

All 3 playing some solid golf on the tour. I will agree with others and say Hatton gets the win first.

Haven't really followed either of them, but I'd guess Pieters.

It's really great to see some 'new' young euro players come out to the PGA Tour. Too often they stay on the other side of the pond and we never really get to see them play.
Would be great to see some go the other way as well.
I'd probably say Pieters to win first although Hatton is more on form right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pieters is the real deal.

Pieters has the best all round game,like the way to plays. Also I am biased as he is Belgian as my dad was .

Sent from my SM-G900W8

I'd go with Pieters as well. Dude is a beast!

Pieters did also play college golf in the US at Illinois, which he won the individual national championship and runner up for team. So he's not new to playing well over here, which I think helps.

All of them are awesome, but I'll play devils advocate and go with Fleetwood. Since he switched to the claw grip, he's been putting so much better and I think we have only just begun to see his potential.

Hatton gets the first Dub. Lot of good Euros, going to make the next Ryder Cup a toughie.

Thomas Pieters!!

Probably Pieters, his putting stroke looks almost robotic its so mechanical.

I'd say Pieters. Mighty long, and a good touch on and around the greens. Solid head as well, his RC performance was really impressive.

Fleetwood is a good player with solid game without weaknesses. He has the ability to win tournaments, I don't know if he has the mindset to do so on the PGA Tour.

Hatton is a pretty good all-round player as well, but his antics rub me the wrong way. I think he's a better player than Fleetwood in terms of sheer ability, but his biggest weakness is his head. One missed put of bad approach can destroy his round.

Pieters is a good player and can hit it a ton, I wouldn't be surprised to see him win this year, the other's, until they get some notoriety on the tour over here, I don't see them being a popular draw at all.

On the flip side, I heard Rahm is now a Euro tour member. I wonder if we'll see a little less of him on the PGA tour schedule now.

Pieters is the best of those 3. So I'd say him. Hatton needs to be told his hats look ridiculous.
Seriously, what is up with his hats? Looks like he has a point on his head regardless of the color hat.

Seriously, what is up with his hats? Looks like he has a point on his head regardless of the color hat.

It's the strangest thing. No one else with a ping hat looks like that, so it has to be on purpose. I can't for the life of me think of what that could be though.

Haven't really paid attention to them that much but that Hatton guy always seems to be at the top of a leader board so I am going with him.

On the flip side, I heard Rahm is now a Euro tour member. I wonder if we'll see a little less of him on the PGA tour schedule now.
That might be for Ryder Cup-qualification. Given the way he's playing I'd think he would play as many events as possible on both sides of the ocean.

I think he plays minimum amount of events on euro tour every year to qualify for Ryder cup. WGC and majors count towards the 12 or 15 events he needs each year

Nope. He'll have joined to make the Ryder Cup squad. I think the European Tour have effectively thrown in the towel, because if you play in all the majors and WGC events, I think you have to play in something like another 2 events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back