Do different companies measure iron length differently?

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious. I just obtained a set of Srixon Z565 with Miyazaki shafts and I was holding them next to my Callaway Apex CF16 with XP95 and the Srixon seems to be about 1/4" longer even though both are advertised as the same length and lie settings.

I would check specs on the OEM website to double check, but I do know off hand Titleist and Callaway "Stock" are the same... Ping are usually 1/4in shorter for their stock...

Also, grips can very how much length they add to the butt of the club. I have heard (not sure if its 100% accurate, but in my use it seems to be true) that for example Golf Pride New Decade can add 0.25in to a clubs length, where as the say tour velvet wouldn't add significant amount. Again, this isn't 100% confirmed, but it does play into the total length.

Are you going by what they say the measurement is in inches or whatever, or what it is above standard? I've seen a difference in the "standard" lengths between companies. My Taylormades at 1/2" over "standard" are the same length as my Callaways at 3/4" over. If it's what the actual measurements say that is the same, that would be curious and I would question the setup from wherever you got them from possibly.

Cobra One Length aren't ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you going by what they say the measurement is in inches or whatever, or what it is above standard? I've seen a difference in the "standard" lengths between companies. My Taylormades at 1/2" over "standard" are the same length as my Callaways at 3/4" over. If it's what the actual measurements say that is the same, that would be curious and I would question the setup from wherever you got them from possibly.

Both sets should be stock length and both advertise 7i length as 37". The only difference in the specs is that Callaway PW is supposedly 1/4" longer than the Z565. The srixon set still has the stock grips on them. The Apex has the GP MCC+4. I'll eventually be putting the same grips on the Srixon.

Just curious. I just obtained a set of Srixon Z565 with Miyazaki shafts and I was holding them next to my Callaway Apex CF16 with XP95 and the Srixon seems to be about 1/4" longer even though both are advertised as the same length and lie settings.

Do the Callaway's also have graphite shafts?

No, they have the XP95 steel.

I know graphite shafts tend to be a little longer standard that steel. Even if the steel to steel ratings say they should be the same length in spec, graphite will be a bit longer.

At least that's what I understood to be the case, maybe I'm mistaken.

I know graphite shafts tend to be a little longer standard that steel. Even if the steel to steel ratings say they should be the same length in spec, graphite will be a bit longer.

At least that's what I understood to be the case, maybe I'm mistaken.

Could be. I don't have a problem with them being a touch longer. I just found it a curious observation.

Back