One last rule change

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
With the recent proposal of rules changes focused on speeding up play and making the rules and game somewhat easier many were upset that divots being labeled as GUR wasn't included.

If the governing bodies decided between now and 2019 or after the current proposals are in place if they added divots as GUR would there need to be any other major changes to the rules? If so what rule(s)?

With the recent proposal of rules changes focused on speeding up play and making the rules and game somewhat easier many were upset that divots being labeled as GUR wasn't included.

If the governing bodies decided between now and 2019 or after the current proposals are in place if they added divots as GUR would there need to be any other major changes to the rules? If so what rule(s)?

Honestly, with being able to tamp down spike marks, dropping from 1/2" above the spot instead of shoulder height and then add to it GUR for divots? I would be content for the next several years.

Footprints in bunkers, for sure. Rake and place, discretion of the group.

I'm for play the ball as it lies regardless of where you and normally I would argue that you are in a "hazard" so tough luck bit with the proposals including removing loose impediments and grounding the clubs in hazard areas this should be included.

Back