Are you an early AM crack of dawn type of player?

I like to get 36 in walking so playing first tee time of day is a must.

I'm a fisherman who happens to play a lot of golf when he's not fishing ... so making a 6AM tee time means getting up late on a weekend ....

But he'll also have upwards of 1,000 to 2,000 less yards they will be hacking their way through by teeing from the forward tees. Times two.

I here ya Smalls.
Personally I'd be taking them to par3 courses or like I said starting them off at the fairway beginnings. And also picking them up and doing whatever else in order to not cause any issues. Unless of course no one else is around. But anyway its quite the handful I am sure. But no different than taking little ones fishing, or skiing, or whatever. Boy I do very much miss when my kids were actually that little. Hard work but I would never change a thing about it. Where oh where does the time go?? :(

Yes. Early morning is my favorite time to play. I love that time of day.

Best way to mitigate slow play and be done with most of the day left as well.

Very hard tee time to get around here though.

I'll play anytime apparently even at night with a glow ball. That was quite the experience. I do prefer to play early. Most Sundays I'm on the tee by 6am.

I don't know about crack of dawn, but I tend to prefer early. Like 8am is nice.

I love getting up early for a round! Matter of fact, I seldom sleep well before a round anyway - I don't think I can remember the last time an alarm clock has went off to get me up before a round. I guess when golf gets to the point that I don't get excited to play, and don't want to get up to play, then it's time to move on to something else!

I love the early morning tee times.

Oh most definitely, my favorite time to golf, love the smell of the fresh cut grass and dew on the ground. I also enjoy playing fast and having the rest of the day to spend with the fiancé or do whatever else needs to be done.

Using Tapatalk

Love early morning golf. Usually make the 1st or 2nd tee time available on Sat and Sunday at my home course which is either 6 or 610.

Yes, I prefer the earliest available. For work I'm usually at the office at 0500 which means I'm awake at 0350/0400ish. So, making an 0600 tee time is a little bit like sleeping in. Pace is better, it's not a billion degrees (at least for summers here), and I get home and still feel like I have most of the day with my family/etc.

When I was working full time, I would tee off at 6am, now that I am retired, 10am is early.

Got out early again with Jhoeffer and Jim54. We teed off at 705 and were done by 950. Being able to play at your own pace is hard to beat.

That's a tough call. There's something special about being the first on course, however that's so early...

I tend to really enjoy the afternoon rounds that finish as the sun is going down. So peaceful to me.

That's a tough call. There's something special about being the first on course, however that's so early...

I tend to really enjoy the afternoon rounds that finish as the sun is going down. So peaceful to me.
I agree buddy, there is something about being on the course in the late afternoons.

I agree buddy, there is something about being on the course in the late afternoons.

I think because typically as the day ends, the wind typically calms down and everything just feels like it's relaxing. Big fan.

I think because typically as the day ends, the wind typically calms down and everything just feels like it's relaxing. Big fan.

Around here it's typically a much more relaxed golf course. The rush has come and gone. I can leisurely play, take in the scenery, watch the wildlife come back out. Usually it's Matt and I. We get a chance to screw around a bit. Play our own ball, and add in an alt shot ball to keep things fun. Just really enjoy both the course and time with our son. Quality

I was thinking about this the other day as I got to the course about 6:30. But going as a single without a tee time and getting on a singles list doesn't work so well unless its early am or late pm. If I do that and arrive at 7 or 8 I could be waiting much too long. But arrive by 6:30ish and I'm most usually out anytime between 7 and 8. On some occasions, maybe after 8 but too much later and it just cuts into too much of the day. But still I love the mornings. To me there is just something about being awake and about in the morning. Just a feeling of freshness and good imo that cant be beat :) Unless of course I am commuting to work :(

I like early because it's cooler in the summer and you still have most of the day left if you get done before lunch.

I'd much prefer to sleep in, but golf is golf. If I have to get up at 4:30 to make a 6:45 tee time somewhere, I'll do it.

I will say, as much as I'm not a morning person, being the first person out there when the sun is just coming up is pretty freaking awesome.

I don't mind it, but my back hates early golf. I need most of the day to loosen everything up.

I'm learning to be. If I wake up at 5:45, I can have the kiddo packed and to daycare by 6:30 and I can get to my club at 7:00. It's an hour before opening so my friend and I can get in nine in around 80 minutes which gives me enough time to shower and get to work by 9. I do this two days a week and I get in golf without feeling guilty for leaving the kid at home with the wife while I'm out having fun for 4 hours.

I like playing as early as possible it gives me the rest of the day to get done whatever I need to.

If it's a THP event, I'm not sleeping anyway, might as well play early!!!

Back