Favorite Dark Finish for Irons

Im definitely more into the black finishes like the RTX-3's. The copper or tin can finishes rust and I know some guys love that, Im not a huge fan. I want clubs to look new every time I play!

The Maltby DBM forged iron simply because it looks the best. Honourable mention to the W/S M3 and Adams CB3 for the same reason it just looks good.

M3 looks good, but the finish wears. At least the areas that 'worn' still look good. Kind of a dark nickel look.

~Rock

The gunmetal are just so classy looking. No glare, just style...I love it but my CF16s aren't going anywhere!!!

I like the look of the darker finish on the new Steelhead Pro's that Canadan has in for review, I'll be watching to see how those wear for him.

I like the look of the Speedblades finish.

Whatever the finish is on my Apex Blacks is pretty good. They've held up well and granted I don't use them as much as others will, but i like them so far

Whatever the finish is on my Apex Blacks is pretty good. They've held up well and granted I don't use them as much as others will, but i like them so far

Still wish I had pulled the trigger on a set of the blacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black PVD finish on the Adams MB2 tour issues irons were amazing....

Cleveland TA5 gunmetal. I love the color of the irons and it got better over time.

Favorite Dark Finish for Irons

1a6c5644cd1124407aaf9f42149cbc2e.jpg

Honma Black Nickel for me and I typically don't care for dark finishes.

Last edited:
The Apex Black iron finish looks great on the rack, but I saw a used set the other day, and yikes did that set at least not hold up well.

I liked the Cleveland Black CB finish as well, but don't now how those looked long term. The Cleveland irons in general had a nice dark finish, my uncle has a set of CG7 tours in black pearl that I think look great.

These are my favs as well.

The 45 series from Srixon that were produced in black are absolutely stunning. Probably the nicest clubs I have ever seen.

Srixon z945 looked amazing , really like Rickie irons as well. If I could only hit them ?

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Burner 2.0 and the Rotex Black finish were both nice.

I love the look of the Bluish finish on the PMP wedges, no clue how they wear though.

I saw a set of Apex irons that were slightly used with the black finish two months ago at PGA Superstore for a good price but the finish was worn off on each face. It looked pretty bad so I did not buy them. I was looking for a set but I'm glad I saw them used first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of the best looking finishes IMO. I have no clue how it holds up but damn it looks good. "Twilight" finish by mizuno yoro craft
63ee3d0fc9cd393b6c4646efa67745b3.jpg

I'd like to get that round dark finish in the sweetspot but can't get my irons to do that :sad:.

Srixon z45 series from Japan last year. Held up really well. Perhaps the best black finish I've seen on irons

I agree with this 100%

Love the look of my 2016 EZ Forged.

The Cleveland CB Black irons were some of my favorite irons to look at.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I fall in love with the '16 EZ Forged with the black nickel finish every time I see them.

Adams CB3 in my opinion

My mizuno irons are holding their Matt gunmetal finish great. Only had then a little over a year but played a lot with them and u can barely tell.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I liked how the burner 2's looked and really didn't mind how they wore. The Cleveland CG Black CB had one of the best looking dark finishes I thought, but I've never seen how they wore over time.

Back