Favorite Dark Finish for Irons

Srixon z45 series from Japan last year. Held up really well. Perhaps the best black finish I've seen on irons

This exact set. If I ever find a set of black 545's they will be mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gunmetal on my g30 irons doesn't win the sexiest finish award, but it has held up extremely well.

The gold finish on my comedy wedges; not so much....

I didn't care for the head shape but the Cleveland TA-5 irons had a sweet gunmetal finish that aged well.

I'm sentimental for the old cleveland TA3 gunmetal... they were beautiful new, and turned this dark-orangy grey when they were worn...
The new cobra MBs are pretty sexy though

I agree with this one. Loved the gunmetal on the TA3, TA5, and TA7.

To my eye the Adams XTD irons are the best looking I've seen. Unfortunately I don't hit them well.

Srixon z45 series from Japan last year. Held up really well. Perhaps the best black finish I've seen on irons

I saw some of these last year whilst in Spain and really liked the look

I also quite like the look of the new Steelhead XR Pro in the dark finish as well

The gunmetal on my g30 irons doesn't win the sexiest finish award, but it has held up extremely well.

The gold finish on my comedy wedges; not so much....

I actually really like the dark finish on the G15-G30 irons. It wears really well, and they can be tumbled and come out looking like new.

This is one of the best looking finishes IMO. I have no clue how it holds up but damn it looks good. "Twilight" finish by mizuno yoro craft
63ee3d0fc9cd393b6c4646efa67745b3.jpg
This one gets my vote. Stunning finish!

For some strange reason I prefer darker or gun metal finishes on my wedges but not on my irons, that being said the Callaway XR Pro irons do look sweet.

Adams CB3 in my opinion

Totally agree - still playing them! I've had them at least 5 years I think, and the finish is still great.

My old set of CG7 Black Pearl irons were alright, but for the most part I've never gamed a black finish that I loved. They always looks so good new but make me cry when I mash one off the hosel or toe.

This is one of the best looking finishes IMO. I have no clue how it holds up but damn it looks good. "Twilight" finish by mizuno yoro craft
63ee3d0fc9cd393b6c4646efa67745b3.jpg
I'm pretty positive that's the definition of sexy right there.

None, I hate dark irons although I like it on the Cleveland wedges for some reason.

I love the limited release black oxide finish on the J33 combo set. I believe it was black ox at least. Designed to wear. Kuchar used same finish on his J40 irons forever.

I have the opportunity to purchase a new set of the 545 black finish.....trying to decide if I want to sell my nearly new 6-AW 565's in order to do so....

The Apex Blacks look awesome, but never gamed them.

I don't game them, but can attest that the finish on the Cobra KING Pro irons is sexy as hell.

Sentimental favorite would have to go to my old Cleveland CG16 irons in black pearl. I actually loved the way they wore over time.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the new set of black Z545s that I came across! Really excited for them to arrive!

Back