emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
We talk here whether good or bad about the naming convention a company uses for new release. TM staying with m family, ping going from numbers to letters back to numbers. Companies bringing back previously used names. When I look for clubs I look at the name but it doesn't factor into my decision to buy/play a club if it works for me and I like how it looks.

Does the name of a club affect your decision to try, buy or play it?

No, it doesn't effect my decision to try/buy a club. That said, when TM started putting a Z at the end of 'bladez' I'll admit, I rolled my eyes.

~Rock

NO! Couldn't care less!!

I'll mock the name, but it doesn't factor into my decision to buy or not.

No, won't affect the wallet opening or not but I'll poke fun at a stupid, long, or nonsensical name regardless.
I tend to prefer alpha numeric names that follow a clear progression from year to year.

Does not affect my purchase decision, I would buy a driver names "Hammer" if it performed for me, BUT it has to look good to me as well :)

Last edited:
I dont care what its called.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Does not affect my purchase decision, I would buy a driver names "Hammer" if it performed for me.

AH....but would you buy one named "Wildflower" ?

Could effect if it's weird enough.

Name isn't a factor for me. I am performance driven when I select clubs

Name doesn't matter to me. I like what works well for me and looks good to my eyes.

Not at all!

lol I guarantee none of you saying it doesn't matter would play the dildo 5000.

I'll make fun of the name but it doesn't make or break a decision.

lol I guarantee none of you saying it doesn't matter would play the dildo 5000.

I see your point, but I think PXG actually called it "The Darkness" :alien:

There have been a few that make me scratch my head a bit but none currently that I've refused to play because of it. If it's completely off the wall or super cheesy I would probably not though.

I see your point, but I think PXG actually called it "The Darkness" :alien:

Or affectionately known as "The Dong" driver. :bulgy-eyes:

Could careless about names. Although I will say I prefer actual names over numbers. Same way for vehicles. Be inventive anybody can use numbers. Dildo 5000? Cmon call it the punisher.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nope. I'm concerned with how it plays for me and how it looks to me.

No, as long as it performs that can name it whatever they want.

Nope. I'm concerned with how it plays for me and how it looks to me.

I'm the same. I don't really care about the name, just as long as it fits my eye and my game I'd put it in the bag.

Name doesn't mean anything to me. I have to like the look and the technology built into it.

A name is just a name. Obviously I look for how it plays for me but I would be lying if I said I didn't look for something aesthetically pleasing to my eye as well.

Name would only really effect me in a severely bad way. I mean, you have tons of studies to show what works with consumers. Kind of tough to mess it up unless you want to bankrupt your company.

Back