The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

I just listed my house, Friday. Open house Sunday.
My realtor tells me that every couple that came thru had the same comment about needing to replace my kitchen floor.
So, I am taking it off the market, replacing the floor, counter, and splash guard, and then re-listing it for more money.
What a stinking hassle.

My realtor tells me that every couple that came thru had the same comment about needing to replace my kitchen floor.
So, I am taking it off the market, replacing the floor, counter, and splash guard, and then re-listing it for more money.
What a stinking hassle.

We just had the home inspection for our sale. I think there's nothing worse than spending money for a place you're not going to be living in. Have a few folks coming in to fix and service stuff.

Good luck with the mini-Reno and hope it brings in a good deal more in sale price for you.

I have signed the contracts for my side of the sale and sent them back off to my solicitor so that they can go to the buyer for selling - still keeping my fingers crossed it all goes through

If they sign, the only thing left to do is agree a completion date (which doesn't matter to me seeing as the house is empty so they can have it whenever they want) and then the house will finally be gone

The Mrs and I have just signed teh papers to uor new house today, we move in 4 weeks today..

7190.jpg

86307.jpg

What a stinking hassle.

Instead of making a mess and headache, why not offer a flooring allowance? Let the buyer be able to pick what they want, opposed to spending money on something your next buyer may hate and want to rip out?

So is the house warming going to coincide with the Close House event...? Everyone back to yours after the round on Monday haha

So is the house warming going to coincide with the Close House event...? Everyone back to yours after the round on Monday haha

Close house is like 2 months after I move in, Glenn!

Still more than welcom over though.

Instead of making a mess and headache, why not offer a flooring allowance? Let the buyer be able to pick what they want, opposed to spending money on something your next buyer may hate and want to rip out?

That would be ideal.
Unfortunately the potential buyers all seem to want move in ready properties.
So I deal w dust and cleaning up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold our house last week. Moved in with my parents.

In attorney review for a house we want to buy.

Fingers crossed

Sold our house last week. Moved in with my parents.

In attorney review for a house we want to buy.

Fingers crossed

Good luck Joseph. If you need a secret weapon you could always rock that skort seal the deal.

Our new house was complete a little over three weeks ago and we've been in just over two weeks now and we absolutely love it :banana:

We have a lot of new furniture etc to buy but were getting there slowly

(Generic google image but exactly the same as ours)
113493.jpg

7190.jpg

86307.jpg

My dad has basically been building a house for my wife and I solo, other than a little help with concrete, hanging trusses and decking the roof. He became sick in January and after surgery and spending quite a bit of time in the Hospital in March, he is back to doing a little work on our house again. We have most of the exterior finished and a lot of the wiring done. In the coming weeks, we will start on the plumbing. We have basically had a 5 month delay, but it's good to be back moving forward again.

We have a realtor coming by in about 3 hours to give us a value on our house, and hopefully create a listing. I'm a bit nervous, but excited at the same time. We have to get a certain number or we can't move into the school district we want.

52b8eb8803a5ffc02cb60fe7f728ff02.jpg

c11a0af829ad7326efc34478b66b6c4a.jpg

Oh... Mud tunnels. That can't be good, can it?

cfa3123e5836d15bc81c02b490ae53a4.jpg

c64f887edc9d3447eb5e943eeaf22c9e.jpg

Not only did they eat the door frame, they ate the studs behind the frame as well. I'm not kidding when I say had I put a shoulder into the wall, I could've taken it down. The pocketknife I bring with me to many vacant houses I poked through the damage and went all the way to the end of the handle. BEST HOUSE EEVVVVEEERRRRR

Not only did they eat the door frame, they ate the studs behind the frame as well. I'm not kidding when I say had I put a shoulder into the wall, I could've taken it down. The pocketknife I bring with me to many vacant houses I poked through the damage and went all the way to the end of the handle. BEST HOUSE EEVVVVEEERRRRR

fixer upper! How's the neighborhood? Is it worth fixing? Asking for a friend

fixer upper! How's the neighborhood? Is it worth fixing? Asking for a friend

Neighborhood wasn't awful, but it's a classic first time home owner or tenant property being as close as it is to the university. What was interesting though is a house two doors down from that home was asking 1350 a month in rent. From what I have seen, that's not too bad

Probably will be looking within the next year. With our son my bachelor townhouse isnt cutting it anymore and the wife will be graduating college so we will have a decent income combined. I am one of those people that researches and ponders everything a good minute usually so school disctricts, crime stats, and everything are already being looked at.

Hey you didn't show us these.....lol

We looked homes in Laurette.park. write you name down as our realtor. Saw 4 we like. Teo David weekely, 1 Ashton woods and 1 Minto.

Have the engineering inspection tomorrow for the house we're buying. Hoping for no surprises!

In a Sunday that escalated quickly, we have an offer in on a house not too far from where we are renting. Buyers had two pervious deals fall through, so we hope they like what we are offering.

In a Sunday that escalated quickly, we have an offer in on a house not too far from where we are renting. Buyers had two pervious deals fall through, so we hope they like what we are offering.
And just like that, we have an accepted offer. Let the circus begin.

Realtor gave us decent news on the value of our home, but is going to get us an exact list price today. He also gave us the option of listing right away, or waiting until we find a new house that we like. Any recommendations? My gut says just list our current house and get it sold, worry about finding a new place later. We have options for staying with family temporarily if we need to.

Realtor gave us decent news on the value of our home, but is going to get us an exact list price today. He also gave us the option of listing right away, or waiting until we find a new house that we like. Any recommendations? My gut says just list our current house and get it sold, worry about finding a new place later. We have options for staying with family temporarily if we need to.
Unless you can comfortably carry both payments I definitely recommend listing first, much less stressful especially if you have short term housing accommodations. I would go out and look before listing just to make sure you are realistic on what you can get in your price range.

Back