How about "RocketBallz?"

No impact?

Agree, the name is rather unimportant compared to the tech.

I will say the name won't make OT break it for me, but it certainly can have an impact in how excited I am to hit a club. I think a club with a stupid name will subliminally effect me. Same if a club sounded awesome.

big
bertha
alpha
eight
one
six
double
black
diamond

i mean, come on

The name? No not in the least, don't get me wrong I think there have been some stupid names but Ill still try the club and if it works for me game it.

i feel the naming of clubs is nothing more than a race between manufacturers to come up with something new to trademark each year...

Maybe i'm a curmudgeon, but I'd prefer a simple nomenclature from a club manufacturer, used to designate between their players irons, GI and SGI irons. Basically, something that would result in continuity and also allow a player to refer back on where a set of irons, driver, etc. belonged in the production lifespan of that particular series... i don't particularly feel the need for fancy names...

i feel the naming of clubs is nothing more than a race between manufacturers to come up with something new to trademark each year...

Maybe i'm a curmudgeon, but I'd prefer a simple nomenclature from a club manufacturer, used to designate between their players irons, GI and SGI irons. Basically, something that would result in continuity and also allow a player to refer back on where a set of irons, driver, etc. belonged in the production lifespan of that particular series... i don't particularly feel the need for fancy names...

So does a name affect your decision to buy?

Yes, gimmicky or corny names turn me off immediately.

I don't really think about the name at all. If the clubs works for me, than I'm happy with whatever they named the clubs/irons.

No. I go for looks and performance. A name is just a name..

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

A name of the club has zero to do with the level of interest I have in that club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A name of the club has zero to do with the level of interest I have in that club

Agreed, if it's pink and blares T Swizzle then sign me up though

No, I can think poorly on the name and still game the club.

I am partial, it may be a mental thing if I dislike the name of the club . But if it perform ,call it whatever

Sent from my SM-G900W8

I don't think I've gamed a club with a flat out stupid name, which makes me think I may have a bias. I thought RBZ was idiotic, but remember being interested enough to at least look up reviews. Not sure tbh. I know a clever name doesn't generate any more interest though.

In this case, name wouldn't bother me at all.

Name means nothing to me.

So does a name affect your decision to buy?

Oh, right... thanks for making me focus on the real question!!

I guess it does.... unless I'm REALLY confident that the "Dingleberry XR9" can shave 8 shots per round off my game... I'm gonna take a pass on it, no matter how cool it sounds..

The name matters if it is really bad...

Dave

The name wouldn't keep me from playing it if performance was there. However, I think some companies could have done better. The odyssey stroke lab putters would be an example.

Back