Long Awaited Review of the Bombtech Grenade Driver

How much product does Titleist send in to THP?

I appreciate everything you guys do for the community. I just think there is nothing to be gained by calling out a vendor for not sending in their product. We all agree it is their loss.

I agree with this^

I love THP, and gather a lot of valuable information here, but this thread has turned into name calling and chest thumping...

Last edited:
I agree with this^

I love THP, and gather a lot of valuable information here, but this thread has turned into name calling and chest thumping...The analogy of Titleist is great TrueFx.

The analogy of Titeist is way off base. We review just about everything from titlest from drivers to the the golf balls.

I have stayed out of this all day, but think I should add a couple of things. Here are the facts before people get confused.
I never reached out to Bombtech about testing the product. They came to me. That product was never received. Then in this thread (and another) numerous times (and email) it was said another was being sent. Nothing was ever received.

Scheduling releases and reviews is a big deal for us. We want proper coverage to every item we review and the calendar and schedule is something we pay very close attention to.

This, however, is bad business...

I agree with this^

I love THP, and gather a lot of valuable information here, but this thread has turned into name calling and chest thumping...

We review all Titleist gear, always. This simply is way off.

Plus, there is a LOT of Titleist love here, because its solid gear, thats how THP operates and what makes us unique, contrary to the belief of some.

Plus, there is a LOT of Titleist love here, because its solid gear, thats how THP operates and what makes us unique, contrary to the belief of some.

Coincidentally, we had to send some of it back. And we didn't give them a bad review like I guess we were supposed to according to internet experts lol. Way to drop the ball Jman.

The analogy of Titeist is way off base. We review just about everything from titlest from drivers to the the golf balls.

It may be, but i think the calling out of a vendor with such fervor here makes THP look unprofessional... I realize that bombtech has also been unprofessional in promising to deliver a product then not coming through on their offer, but there is no reason to sink to their level.

I think everyone on this site can agree how beneficial THP can be to smaller companies (and us THPers), i think this thread has just gotten a little out of hand

Coincidentally, we had to send some of it back. And we didn't give them a bad review like I guess we were supposed to according to internet experts lol. Way to drop the ball Jman.

Crap, I did miss living up to what the experts say when I sent the AP2's back didn't I? LOL

It may be, but i think the calling out of a vendor with such fervor here makes THP look unprofessional... I realize that bombtech has also been unprofessional in promising to deliver a product then not coming through on their offer, but there is no reason to sink to their level.

I think everyone on this site can agree how beneficial THP can be to smaller companies (and us THPers), i think this thread has just gotten a little out of hand

Well we'd moved on to begging McRoberts for his until you quoted that to be fair lol.

Heal quickly McR.

I appreciate everything you guys do for the community. I just think there is nothing to be gained by calling out a vendor for not sending in their product. We all agree it is their loss.

This is more of the sentiment i'm talking about.

Well we'd moved on to begging McRoberts for his until you quoted that to be fair lol.

Heal quickly McR.

well played, lol

And yea, I'm sensitive about what company's post here and how they handle interactions with us and our readers. Won't apologize for it either. You have to understand that having a marketing privilige here (a screenname) means something and we look at how those companies interact with our readers. We have a ton of small companies represented on the forum. The whole situation stuck out as very odd to me and I thought it should be addressed.

But seriously, let's just move on.

I bought my 915 hybo based on Dan's review of the club.

I wish this thread could just be about the driver and what folks see. We don't need any other extra sauce on the side.

I have a bomb tech grenade driver if any of the staff writers want to have at it.

I have a bomb tech grenade driver if any of the staff writers want to have at it.
That is not the issue, never has been. Of companies want their gear tested they know how to get a hold of the owners.

That is not the issue, never has been. Of companies want their gear tested they know how to get a hold of the owners.

I offered because there are other forum members that perhaps would like the driver reviewed.

So I'm hitting this right now at range my track man session didn't take place against other heavy hitters. Hopefully Sunday that happens.

But I'm impressed to say the least. Great trajectory. Great sound. Great distance. Great forgiveness.

Forgiveness being the most impressive by far. Shots that I feel like I'm striping perfectly dead center based on feel, flight, and distance are actually surprisingly off center. High and right on the face a bit but still provides center strike feeling. Quite strange and nothing I've encountered before. Will report more when I'm not on a phone perhaps after track man session.

So I'm hitting this right now at range my track man session didn't take place against other heavy hitters. Hopefully Sunday that happens.

But I'm impressed to say the least. Great trajectory. Great sound. Great distance. Great forgiveness.

Forgiveness being the most impressive by far. Shots that I feel like I'm striping perfectly dead center based on feel, flight, and distance are actually surprisingly off center. High and right on the face a bit but still provides center strike feeling. Quite strange and nothing I've encountered before. Will report more when I'm not on a phone perhaps after track man session.

How does the ball flight and distance compare to your current driver and what is your current driver?

How does the ball flight and distance compare to your current driver and what is your current driver?
Recently I have access to Big Bertha Alpha. Wilson M3. Titleist 913D2. Cobra bio cell.

Lower than all

Last edited:
Hope you feel better and heal by Armpit II.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Depending on when it is it doesnt look promising. I found out that my initial diagnosis of a torn MCL was the least of my worries. I added a knee fracture, and a Torn ACL to the equation as well.

Hey guys read thru the thread. Saw some ppl volunteering to keep the Grenade warm for me!. My buddy has it right now because he likes the way I was hitting it and is testing it out to see if he will get one. After hes done with it I wouldnt be against someone whose serious about a good numbers involved review taking it off my hands for testing

Hey guys read thru the thread. Saw some ppl volunteering to keep the Grenade warm for me!. My buddy has it right now because he likes the way I was hitting it and is testing it out to see if he will get one. After hes done with it I wouldnt be against someone whose serious about a good numbers involved review taking it off my hands for testing
Have your buddy join THP and offer up his thoughts. The more the merrier

If he's done with it before May 16th you could send it to myself or another member that's headed to the Minnesota gathering/driver testing that weekend. A ton of THPers will be there, along with the new FlightScope.

This is very generous of both of you. This is the very best of THP happening right here. Where else do people volunteer to ship their drivers to virtual strangers? Well done, guys.

So I've been bored injured and my buddy asked me if I wanted to hang at the range. He also wanted to hit the Grenade. We went to the range and after a 30 min warm up he grabbed the Grenade and his G25 for a head to head. He immediately liked the heavier weight of the Grenade. The Grenade for him clearly won the head to head. It was longer, straighter, and felt better. He literally didn't speak the whole testing period, but when he was done he said "how much does this driver cost again". He is now seriously considering the Grenade.

Some observations from the range . This driver has been hit alot now and quality wise is really holding up. I cringed as my buddy skyed 2 balls with the Grenade. But I was happy to see the ball mark wiped right off the matte black finish.

Some additional thoughts.

Best feeling, sounding, and forgiving driver I've played in quite some time. Comments not only I made but my playing partners that I play with consistently made.

But... I was consistently shorter than the norm. To the tune of 10-15yards. Now this could be the 1" shorter shaft, which could also be giving me the greater consistency.

I'm very impressed none the less I'll gladly give up the yardage for the accuracy.

Oh one last thing. The head cover is lower quality. The neck/sock is short and the headcover just has a cheap feel to it. I have a feeling it won't hold up long

Back