How low could you go???

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm sure that you like myself believe that if I had all the coaching, equipment and time to practice that I could have been significantly better than I currently am. I think I could be a scratch golfer (not touring pro scratch). How low do you think you could get to with these advantages???

With unlimited funds and time, I'm pretty I could get in the low single digits. Work ethic isn't the issue, it's finding the time with family to get the required practice in.

With coaching, time, and equipment I think I could be scratch within a couple of months. I am 5 now and my strokes are lost in the short game. With those advantages I could actually get help when I need and be able to get quality practice/playing time

With unlimited funds and time, I'm pretty I could get in the low single digits. Work ethic isn't the issue, it's finding the time with family to get the required practice in.

^^^^ This

I would guess in single digits at best. Most likely in the 12-15 range though.

I think I can get to a 1 or maybe scratch. Will see how April thru sept goes with my coach and see how close I can get this year

Time and money, plus handicap. Hell if I had decent facilities to practice at, I'd probably be a couple points lower as it is.

Probably in the 12-15 range. Maybe single digits?

No where near scratch. Probably looking at a 4-5 based on athletic ability. And last time I checked I'm not getting any younger.

unlimited time, money, equipment, and coaching? I believe I could get pretty low. How low I have no idea.

I honestly don't think I could get to scratch unless I had a serious mental makeover.
I like to play well but in reality I play golf to relax and forget about other things. I don't practice much at all and really just play the game for enjoyment without to much of a care what I shoot.

Unless those mental things changed all the lessons and coaching in the world would not get me to drop the cap much.

Low single digits. Part of that is due to my belief that I would get burnt out on golf putting in the time to get to scratch, and getting burnt out is no fun.

~Rock

With all those advantages I could go as low as I wanted (within reason, not acing every hole obviously) but I play to enjoy the game not turn it into a job.

I think I could turn pro and and maybe web.com but I don't think it would take unlimited money to get there.

I think a single digit for me would be reasonable. Like others have said about time, family and practice those are the things holding me back. I really do not practice expect for putts, chipping practice in my garage.

I think I could hang around scratch. I can shoot low scores now, so I don't think I'm "afraid to go low" as they say. I just can't shoot low consistently. I can go 72 to 82 in a weeks time. Honestly I am happy just to play in the mid single digit category and take the good days with the bad.

I figure I could cut my current 'cap by a handful of strokes so mid to mid-high single digits.

I played to a +1 for a season during my 8 years working at a club in Dallas area (end of high school/college/a few years after) so I think I could get pretty low. I don't know if I could ever develop the killer instinct to hang on tour, but I'd be able to play and compete in some official capacity (mini tours/Ams/etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i think realistically if i got in better shape, saw an instructor a couple times a month, practiced 2-3 times a week and played 2-3 times a week, i could get down to 1-3.

if i had unlimited funds and no other commitments, i might be able to get to +1-0.

i have quite a few issues holding me back, and having seen what truly good players do on the course i know i'm so far much farther off than i like to admit.

I would like to think I could get from my current 8.2 to something under 5.

Right now I am scared that my number is going to go up just from a lack of some of the basics lol...

I was once a +3 so I'm guessing I could still get back there if work and parenting were no longer in my life. It's probably not going to happen since father time will start to take some distance and maybe my vision before my youngest daughter is off to college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went from 17 to 8.7 on my own, I would think in this scenario that I could maybe lose another 4-5 strokes. I would be quite happy with that. I am quite happy with my HC right now.

With the resources stated? I imagine I could be a plus handicap in less then a year,.

I believe I could get to scratch. I'm not sure how long it would take though.

If i had the time, I could get myself down to a 5ish handicap I am thinking. When I was playing once a week my rounds never were over 79.

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Back