Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering 588 MT irons 4-PW in graphite Senior flex for the wife, $250 seems like a great price!

I've thought about sending my pro head off to get the Weezy paint job done, but I might have to wait till the end of the season to do that.

That's a good idea. I love her driver look.

Nike Driver...Pro or Speed. Gonna try to get to demo day tomorrow and get some numbers.
my buddy who is a Nike staffer at LGP has the Speed and really likes it, as well as the 3,5.

Looking at the Golf Galaxy website, since I will be passing by a couple on the Minneapolis trip.....

There is a super cheap Maxfli cart bag, and Nike golf t-shirts that are intriguing me.

Looking at the Golf Galaxy website, since I will be passing by a couple on the Minneapolis trip.....

There is a super cheap Maxfli cart bag, and Nike golf t-shirts that are intriguing me.
Don't think they're at Golf Galaxy, but if you're in the market for a new bag, check out the Tour Edge Xtreme 2 bags. They are super nice, and very well priced.

After hitting them at GG and seeing more and more THPers putting them in the bag, I think I will be trying to get a set of Speedblade irons. I have not heard a negative thing about them, maybe their looks and that they are too long (never a bad thing for me).
I promise you won't be disappointed. Very solid set!

my buddy who is a Nike staffer at LGP has the Speed and really likes it, as well as the 3,5.

i hit some the other day but the LM wasn't setup any more since the demo day was almost over so I am planning to be at nighthawk tomorrow for the demo day.

the speed was easy to launch and just based on looks appeared to launch a little higher than the pro. I like the dark face on the pro compared to the silver face on the speed but I will let numbers dictate the decision. Just hope I have a better swing going than Saturdays swing

i hit some the other day but the LM wasn't setup any more since the demo day was almost over so I am planning to be at nighthawk tomorrow for the demo day.

the speed was easy to launch and just based on looks appeared to launch a little higher than the pro. I like the dark face on the pro compared to the silver face on the speed but I will let numbers dictate the decision. Just hope I have a better swing going than Saturdays swing

It launches a good bit higher than the pro.

It launches a good bit higher than the pro.

I'll keep that in mind. I could see there was a difference but if was hard to tell how much.

i know the spin of the two was talked about as well and of course will vary based on person/swing. Do you recall what the difference was for you? >500?

I'll keep that in mind. I could see there was a difference but if was hard to tell how much.

i know the spin of the two was talked about as well and of course will vary based on person/swing. Do you recall what the difference was for you? >500?

700 RPM between each of the 3 models, Flex then Pro then Speed, this was on trackman.

700 RPM between each of the 3 models, Flex then Pro then Speed, this was on trackman.

Thanks. Will be interested to see the affects. My j715 normally in 2200-2400 range from trackman during lesson with my last instructor.

I've been thinking about an orange whip. I played around with one last season and i think it could be a useful warm up tool

I've been thinking about an orange whip. I played around with one last season and i think it could be a useful warm up tool

Love mine.

Love mine.
Did you go with the longest version? Im stuck between that and the shorter one. I was thinking driver or long club tempo practice would be the most beneficial.

Did you go with the longest version? Im stuck between that and the shorter one. I was thinking driver or long club tempo practice would be the most beneficial.

I did, reason was as you said, for me it was all about driver/wood tempo.

I think I could use some alignment sticks...

I did, reason was as you said, for me it was all about driver/wood tempo.
Awesome, thanks for the info. Will likely be snagging one soon.

After hitting them at GG and seeing more and more THPers putting them in the bag, I think I will be trying to get a set of Speedblade irons. I have not heard a negative thing about them, maybe their looks and that they are too long (never a bad thing for me).
I don't have a bad thing to say about them at all. And, I think their two-tone look is the best thing about them.

I think I could use some alignment sticks...
I have three sets of alignment sticks collecting dust. If you are still looking the next time we play, remind me to throw them in the bag and they are yours.

I have three sets of alignment sticks collecting dust. If you are still looking the next time we play, remind me to throw them in the bag and they are yours.

I feel like everytime we meet you have something for me, I owe you one, big time.

I feel like everytime we meet you have something for me, I owe you one, big time.
Haha. I just always seem to have what you're looking for.

I'm pondering a mini driver for some reason. But I would have to make a change in my bag to add it. I could either consolidate my 54 and 58 to a 56, since I never hit either for full swings or I could drop the 4 and 7 woods for a heavenwood.

#1stworldproblems

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I'm pondering a mini driver for some reason. But I would have to make a change in my bag to add it. I could either consolidate my 54 and 58 to a 56, since I never hit either for full swings or I could drop the 4 and 7 woods for a heavenwood.

#1stworldproblems

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Or play with an extra club for non competitions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back