Shafts were already chosen

Wedges - Satin Chrome or Black

Putters - True Balance Putters any head shape
Driver: 715 9 degrees with Aldila Tour Green S
FW Woods: J15 3 (15*) and 5 (18*) with Fubuki Z S <--that's a total guess
Hybrid: J15 H4 (23*) with Aldila Tour Green S
Irons: J15 Cast 5-AW with KBS Tour S, -1/4", standard lie
Wedges: J15 Satin Chrome 54* and 58* with either KBS Hi-Rev (if available) or just KBS Tour standard length
Putter: TD-02 Double Bend Mallet, steel shaft, rubber grip, 33.5", and 1* flat

Driver - D200 in any of the shaft below
1. Aldila Tour Green 65
2. Aldila Tour Blue 65
3. MRC Kuro Kage Black 50 HBP
4. UST Elements Chrome 44

FW Wood - D200
1. Aldila Tour Green 65
2. Aldila Tour Blue 65
3. MRC Kuro Kage Black 60 HBP
4. UST Elements Chrome 49

Hybrid - D200
1. Aldila RIP Phenom 80 HB
2. MRC Kuro Kage Black 90 HY
3. UST Elements Chrome 54

Utility Club - FG Tour V4
This would replace the hybrid and is only available in this shaft
MRC Kuro Kage Black 90 (stock offering)

Irons - D200, C100, M3, FG Tour V4, FG Tour 100

Wedges - FG Tour TC
Please choose finish and note that not all lofts/bounces are available in all finishes.

Putters - They will be choosing from either Wilson Staff Infinite line or 8802. That gives a full 7-8 options. Standard grip will be used on the putters for reasons such as counter balance, etc
Driver: D200 9* with Aldila Tour Green S
Fairways: D200 15* and 18* with Aldila Tour Green S
Hybrid: D200 22* with UST Elements Chrome S <---I just think it looks cool
Irons: FG Tour M3 5-GW with KBS Tour S, -1/2", standard lie
Wedges: FG Tour TC with KBS Hi-Rev or KBS Tour, standard length and lie
Putter: Infinite South Side 33.5" and 1* flat <--I really want that 8802 for nostalgia and headcover purposed, but I doubt I could roll that with any consistency.

I've never seen a menu before, so that's pretty awesome to see.

96 mph clubhead speed with a 7 iron? Holy crap, Bret. You are a monster.

lol no kidding...i was looking at that and thinking that those speeds look a lot like my driver... /cry #GladHeIsOnMyTeam

You should see him swing a lob wedge. I think it's actually faster than 96 mph....

You should see him swing a lob wedge. I think it's actually faster than 96 mph....

and when he gets to the point of impact it's delofted down to a 6 iron.

and when he gets to the point of impact it's delofted down to a 6 iron.

It is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen on a golf course.

Reading those menus are just mind boggling. You guys are in for a treat. Can't wait to see them in your bags!

Pretty settled on my bag. Now I only need to decide which utility iron and which hybrid I'll choose.

4 iron loft is 24deg so I'm looking to fill the gap to 10.5* driver. Going to go with one of each, so I could either go lower lofted 2H (17*) and 3 UT (21*) or the opposite and use a lower lofted 2 UT (19*) and a 3H (22*)

Either your spin numbers are crazy, crazy low or mine are crazy, crazy high. Can tape impact it that much? With the M3 7 iron I was averaging 6225 RPM to your 2636. Of course, my carry was 168 to your 197...

They didn't use impact tape. They used that slick plastic tape you use for packing boxes. My 7 iron spin is usually in the 6000 range for my speedblades. Pretty sure it's the tape. Otherwise bstone irons are low spin monsters

Right now this is what I'm thinking for Legacy:

Driver: 815 at 10.5* with Fujikara Pro X flex
J15 1 hybrid (17*) tour green X
J15 3 hybrid tour green X
J15 cast 5 - AW C Taper S
J15 black oxide, 52, 56 and 60
Putter : TD-02 with the pool noodle grip.

Pretty settled on my bag. Now I only need to decide which utility iron and which hybrid I'll choose.

4 iron loft is 24deg so I'm looking to fill the gap to 10.5* driver. Going to go with one of each, so I could either go lower lofted 2H (17*) and 3 UT (21*) or the opposite and use a lower lofted 2 UT (19*) and a 3H (22*)

Why not go with two utility irons and keep the bag flowing that way instead of throwing a hybrid in the mix? Are you putting a fw in the bag?

Based on these choices I would say 3 ut and 2h. Keeps a 3* gap in your irons then a 2* to your hybrid...should fill gaps good at the top.

So my last decision for my bag will be made this weekend. I'm trying the Fubuki shaft again in the J815. Other than that I have everything picked out.

So my last decision for my bag will be made this weekend. I'm trying the Fubuki shaft again in the J815. Other than that I have everything picked out.

Gregg you and I have very similar set ups, what other shaft are you thinking about?

Gregg you and I have very similar set ups, what other shaft are you thinking about?

The other shaft would be the Tour Blue in stiff. If it was available in reg my decision would be made already. I played the Fubuki for 18 at Bstone U and it was ok but I wasn't in love but I want to give it another shot. I tried the Pro 53 reg on the range and wasn't a fan of that either. The NV65 shaft I by far loved the most and I think the Tour Blue will be close to it. I will be playing the Tour Blue reg in my hybrids.

Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

I haven't been following all the setups, but is anyone going drastically different from their normal set they play? Like hybrid instead of long iron, different flex with shaft or driver loft?

The other shaft would be the Tour Blue in stiff. If it was available in reg my decision would be made already. I played the Fubuki for 18 at Bstone U and it was ok but I wasn't in love but I want to give it another shot. I tried the Pro 53 reg on the range and wasn't a fan of that either. The NV65 shaft I by far loved the most and I think the Tour Blue will be close to it. I will be playing the Tour Blue reg in my hybrids.

I need to go through this thread and follow it to see what you end up with, then get the same exact thing. Not sure if you guys have the VTS Silver available to you, but it felt really good in the hybrids. Tour Blue gave me the most distance though.

Greg, Aldila makes the Tour Blue in Regular I believe. Is it that Bridgestone only has the stiff available right now?

I need to go through this thread and follow it to see what you end up with, then get the same exact thing. Not sure if you guys have the VTS Silver available to you, but it felt really good in the hybrids. Tour Blue gave me the most distance though.

No VTS silver available to us. I have the tour blue in my current hybrids and love that shaft in them so that's a no brainer. My final list will be updated on Sunday.

Greg, Aldila makes the Tour Blue in Regular I believe. Is it that Bridgestone only has the stiff available right now?

Our menu only has stiff or xflex for the tour blue and green in the driver.

I haven't been following all the setups, but is anyone going drastically different from their normal set they play? Like hybrid instead of long iron, different flex with shaft or driver loft?
I have toyed with the idea of dropping the 4 iron and going hybrid but at this time I don't know if I will or not .

Unfortunately, no, the VTS ProForce wasn't an option. I game those in my hybrids today and absolutely LOVE them. That said, I think the Graphite Design hybrid shafts will be pretty sweet. I've read some really good reviews on that shaft and, frankly, Graphite Design makes some pretty top notch shafts so I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Agree on the GD's. Love those shafts. I will be interested to see how you like them if you go with them, especially since you enjoy the VTS Silver so much.

Back