Bridgestone J15F FW Woods & J15HY Hybrids Preview Thread

loving the 3 wood and hybo. Ive got the bridgestone made for Tour AD in mine. seems like a good shaft. I can carry the 3 wood 230+ in 50 degree weather, should be a bomber in the summer. hybrid is easy to get up in the air but has a strong flight.

Will have this on the course Saturday, it's the one I hit best at my fitting dispersion was unreal... Put green Lamkin REL 3Gen on it has the green ferrule and tour green aldila shaft in stiff

719afc8eed7ab9ac99afd1ee984ce451.jpg

e4a6b442b0aead57bff2f922d54bc2b6.jpg

Nice club Alex...looking forward to your thoughts and I wish I would have spent time with these in January...might still look at getting one later this year

Had the J15 on the course this past weekend on earlier this morning.

When pured - it is AMAZING. Also off center hits are very good as well.

Forgiveness is there when not hit flush. Thinned a few shots and still got it to 180-200 yds.

Best shot of the two rounds with this club was a 215 yd approach to the flagstick, from not the best of lies. Put it pin high 20 yds left.

302ee17a4b1d52852f21976684544448.jpg

Need a few more range sessions and a couple more rounds, but this hybrid is top notch.

Bump for the Bridgestone Legacy staffers

anyone who chooses the hybrids will be pleased. I hit OTWs on the range this past weekend 21* w/tour green shaft. super easy to hit, launches mid-high and it flew straight.

i didn't hit any of the FWs at the event or since. IMO if someone struggles with woods off the deck the 1h and 2h are solid options.

cant wait to see the selections the bridgestone staffers make...lots of good stuff there.

I wish my local golf store carried Srixon and Bridgestone clubs. Seems like lots of places get left out of being able to get their hands on some really cool stuff.

trying to decide config and shaft as well. Think I'll be going with a 12 degree driver, so the question comes do i go 5W/3H, or 3W/5W, or 3W/3H. My assumption for now is to just go with the stock Fubuki S, since i really have no basis for any other choice, and I'd like to keep the FW/Hybrid shafts the same.

edit: actually would welcome any experience with the Fubuki Z 75, RIP Alpha 70, or UST ProForce V2 7, and who have also gamed the stock FW shaft in the XR's. I would really love to choose the shaft option with closest feel to those.

Last edited:
I'm pretty convinced that I'm going with the 3+ FW to give myself another option off the tee. I play my 3W today at 14* and have no issues hitting it off the deck or the tee. That 0.5* isn't going to make any difference for me.

In terms of hybrids I'm thinking of going 1H and 2H. Gaps pretty perfectly into the 5 iron and gives me some good options on shorter holes where I need accuracy off the tee vs. distance.

Now to decide which shafts to go with. Hmmmm....

trying to decide config and shaft as well. Think I'll be going with a 12 degree driver, so the question comes do i go 5W/3H, or 3W/5W, or 3W/3H. My assumption for now is to just go with the stock Fubuki S, since i really have no basis for any other choice, and I'd like to keep the FW/Hybrid shafts the same.

edit: actually would welcome any experience with the Fubuki Z 75, RIP Alpha 70, or UST ProForce V2 7, and who have also gamed the stock FW shaft in the XR's. I would really love to choose the shaft option with closest feel to those.

are these the only shaft options you guys have for the fw and hybo?

are these the only shaft options you guys have for the fw and hybo?

Those are the fairway options. The hybrid are different. For Hybrid we have Fubuki Z, G Series, Aldila Tour Blue & Green.

Those are the fairway options. The hybrid are different. For Hybrid we have Fubuki Z, G Series, Aldila Tour Blue & Green.

thanks. for me the tour blue for guys looking to get some spin and tour green for guys who want a little extra shaft. although the tour green in the hybos work pretty well for lots of swings. i hit that combo saturday in the 21* and loved it.

the fairway for me i would lean away from fubuki, i am just not a fan of that shaft. its not a bad shaft, but i feel like there is just something missing compared to others. i don't have experience with the others but the proforce was one that ust fitting tool recommended for me.

I am heavily leaning to a 1 and 3 hybo combo and no FWs right now. Love the tour green in my current hybrid and would probably go that way again for these.

I do want to hit the FWs if I can before we have to finalize but I think a 17* hybo will be a weapon off the tee.

anyone by any chance hit the 3W+? Wondering how deep the face is compared to the normal 3W. Looking for an alternative off the tee.

Same for me. Just something about that Fubuki Z line that doesn't agree with me. I've tried them in Drives and FW, too. I love some of their other shafts, though.

i have given it a go in several different OEMs and seem to be same result. i have seen some others just kill that shaft and get along with it. Thats what makes this game so fun is that there is always something for someone.

Absolutely. Thankfully there are no shortages of really high quality shafts out there that will fit any swing. It's amazing what the shaft OEM's can do with graphite.
Agreed, these shafts were a very big surprise to me. For Legacy I'm going with a 3W w/ Adila RIP Alpha 70, 2H w/ Adila Tour Blue 85g and 4H w/ Adila Tour Blue 85g. All in stiff flex.

Nice. I also went with the RIP Alpha in my 3+ FW. I've not hit that shaft before so I'm really hoping that it's a bomber combination.
I tried the RIP 60 on a J815 at the Tampa Live Driver Test and walked away a fan of the shaft. I can only imagine the 70 alpha is good fit for the 3w and 3+w.

Anyone know why some of the soles of the hybrids have an orange line while other have a yellow line?

Have you seen those color differences in person or through photos? If it is through photos than the only thing I can think off is color distortion on the photo. I have there catalog and it doesn't mention the color or other hybrid j15 models. Only other thing I can think of is that one is an American model and the other a Japanese model.

Have you seen those color differences in person or through photos? If it is through photos than the only thing I can think off is color distortion on the photo. I have there catalog and it doesn't mention the color or other hybrid j15 models. Only other thing I can think of is that one is an American model and the other a Japanese model.

Just through photos and that might be the case. I tweeted Bridgestone so hopefully I hear back to see if it's an actual thing or not.

Anyone know why some of the soles of the hybrids have an orange line while other have a yellow line?

Hmmm. Don't think I even looked at the sole when I hit this bad boys.

just placed an order to test drive the j15 4h with tour blue, vts silver and fubuki z all r flex. Hope it comes early next week! cost me less than $25 to try all these for 3 weeks. should be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just placed an order to test drive the j15 4h with tour blue, vts silver and fubuki z all r flex. Hope it comes early next week! cost me less than $25 to try all these for 3 weeks. should be fun!

nice. I hit OITWs 4h with tour green and loved it. So easy to hit. If I put a hybrid back in the bag this is near the top of the list.

has anyone messed with changing the weight's?

test drive clubs came yesterday. j15 h4 4-hybrid (23* loft), one shafted with aldila tour blue 85, one with pro force vts 85 silver, and one with fubuki z 80. these clubs are being tested as potential replacements for my adams idea super s hybos with fuji pro 63. the clubs were packaged very well, and the return label was included in the box.

visually, the head is clean and simple. no frills, just a glossy black. it looks compact and not chunky or clunky, which i love. it is a 4-hybrid, so it looks a little closed but not distractingly so. in-hand, the tour blue felt the heaviest, then the vts, then the fubuki.

i took the clubs out to a 6,200y tight muni by my house because there are several holes where all you need is about 200-210 off the tee into tight windows. my goal was to hit all 3 clubs when the shot dictated, mixing up the order each time. i hit these clubs off 3 different tees, and one time from some light rough. from the first swing off #1 with the vts, with no warm-up, i knew my hybrid search (for the head, anyway!) was over. off the tee, these were excellent. the ball exploded off the face, and i had no problem hitting a tight little draw when necessary. the feel was very responsive, as i knew if i missed it slightly. out of the light rough i had to skirt a tree line and carry water, and all 3 swings produced great results. the fubuki launched the best out of the rough, but hooked more than the vts or the tour blue. the size of the head makes it very easy to get out of the rough.

the tour blue felt the best, with a boring trajectory. the vts was a little harder to feel throughout the swing, but the trajectory was excellent and deep. the fubuki produced the loosest dispersion, maybe because it's spinnier? but when hit well, it kept up with the other two and on a higher trajectory. it's fun to hit 3 shots back-to-back-to-back, all on the screws, and see relatively low distance differences among the three.

with only 1 test under my belt, my initial thought is maybe to put a vts in a 2h or 3h as more of a driving iron meant to go 215-225, then a fubuki in the 4h because i will actually need to hold a green from 200-210. the tour blue isn't off the table by any means, but when hit purest, the vts was longer, and small misses were worse with the tour blue than the vts. misses with the fubuki still went plenty far (actually keeping up with well-struck shots with the others), but were farther off-line presumably because of increased spin.

i might go to my fitter at lunch today to test some super stroke grips, and might see if he'll let me hit these on his flightscope to get some numbers up.

thanks for reading!

came in here to post some follow-up thoughts on the j15 4h with tour blue 85. it's just such a great setup for me. the face is so hot while maintaining a very traditional look at address. it's a great 200-215y club that flies high and straight with great spin. easy to work both ways. love it. steep at $260 with the upgraded shaft, but I can't think of what else I could want in a 4h.

Back