Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

This is another long hole, lots of room off the tee so I will try and get driver out there with my fade and have a decent number into the green. With a bad drive it is almost a layup hole and try and get up and down.

E90F8D4D-6391-4D76-A0B0-C6FBB33B51D0_zps7ie2v7cv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Another 3 shot par 5. From a slightly elevated tee box a large fairway awaits. Second shot you can hit all you want. Your approach to a slightly elevated green.
This is one of the great holes at TB. Yiu have to hit three solid shots to have a chance at birdie. This maybe a par 5 but it's not easy. I knew if I hunkered down and made three good swings I would be rewarded. Keep your heads on this hole and you make up a shot on the field.

69BA7F43-0277-4FE7-9D1F-40A3DEEEFB65_zpsragnssgm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Such a great hole! From 15-18 water comes into play, so add that on top of the heat of battle in March play. Just another way True Blue can and will be a complete test. Avoid the water, don't go long, and hope to be able to avoid the 3 Jack!
Following 15 with this hole is key. If yiu pickup a hole on 15 and make a solid swing on this hole, match could be out of reach or pulled even. It plays linger than you think the left trees are calling for a miss.

HOTD:
EA2E2E3A-FF5A-4C51-92F8-D8B1B326D052_zps3g6m6kip.jpg
[/URL][/IMG Another great hole in TB, for me personally it's fits into what is one of the best string of of finishing holes I've played. Water right off the tee, then your approach is over the same water. To a green that has a little break from front to back. Last year in the singles matches I witnessed some of my fondest memories from the Morgan Cup as a volunteer. In the spirit of competition it was simply perfect. If your match makes it to 17 your in a highly contested battle. That just brings a totally different feel to these last few holes.
The drive is key on this hole but the fairway is a mile wide. The issue is placement so that you have short iron into one of the toughest greens on the course. Bail left and you have a sift chip back toward water. Fun holes coming in.

In watching the WGC Match Play tourney today I noticed that they are allowed to practice putting on the greens during play. Will we be allowed to do the same during the Legacy matches?
Match play allows that after a hole is won or lost, provided your group is in position.

Match play allows that after a hole is won or lost, provided your group is in position.

I think time and position on the course are going to be your determining factors. If you're at all behind, probably not the time to practice putting. Keep in mind, weather can sometimes play a factor with everything.

17 is another hole that sets up well for me, as the approach usually requires a long iron shot, which (historically) is going to fade on me. This hole is really decided by the second shot - it's a wide open fairway, and you shouldn't be in too much trouble off the tee. I aimed for the left side of the green both times I played it - the first time it cut back on me and stuck to birdie range. The second time I wasn't as lucky.

This hole holds a special place in my heart, as it's where I closed out my singles match.

Loved that 17th hole. Many great memories there along with our room being on that hole both times. Great great hole.

8E0919C1-A390-4C82-AA2A-051A911430B7_zpsn3mvgtlg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
one of the best finishing holes in golf IMO. Add in the drama of bring it home for your team and it makes it that more special. Off the tee the sight line is a bit deceiving. The tendency is to stay to the right. If you have control of your tee shot anything left of center gives you a great look at the green. The green slopes back to front right to left as you look at it from the fairway. With a front pin placement aim right of the hole and watch your ball curl back to the front. Last year we saw a few matches end with a splash.

Ah, the beautiful, tough, and often dreaded 18th.

Don't miss left. Right isn't pretty but can be manageable depending on if you get a good lie on the path or if you end up behind a tree nearing the driving range.

Fat shots into the green are death, as are ANY tugs to the left. Go right if you need to but it's a fairly challenging up & down.

And no pressure with who knows how many people watching you come in. Whether they know you or not, bad shots will be booed and good shots will be celebrated. Enjoy the moment!

Oh...and hitting the GIR is far from a given par. Big challenging green awaits you.

I absolutely cannot wait to play this hole! From the coverage of prior years I've come to associate True Blue with this hole in particular and I'm so freaking excited that I'll get to play it finally!

Driver over the center of the bunker, hopefully with a small draw on it. I might take an extra club on the approach and swing smooth just to ensure a solid result.

Not exactly looking forward to this one, I don't have the carry from the blues to take the water out of play off the tee. I'm aiming a driver at the 212 sprinkler and hoping for the best. From there it's a shot toward the 80 sprinkler with a 6i or 7i, then PW or 9i at the green. Hopefully not into the waiting crowd. :D

I've always felt like this tee shot is easier than it looks on paper. Or I've just gotten lucky a handful of times.

The approach is a different story. The water in front of the green seems to be of great interest to my golf ball.

aimpoint is going to be at the 184 marker with the expectation of a straight shot or maybe a slight draw. goal is to get in the fairway and avoid trouble.

From the blues that's an intimidating carry. This is one of those that looks like there is a dramatic difference from white to blue (for my game, anyway).

If we're playing this hole and it matters, going to have to be some serious considerations on how i play it. How is our team doing? Do we need the win or will a halve give the team a win? Am i getting or giving a stroke against my opponent on this hole? And most importantly, what tees are we playing?

In the most dire situation, from the blues and needing to win the hole... I'm aiming for that left edge of the bunker on my drive...but my average carry is only about 225/230, so it will need to be one of my better ones and going to need no wind coming in. If I'm fortunate, it looks like I should have 150 or less in, which is ultimately all i can ask for on an important hole. It would be nice though if my opponent went first though and is already in the water, in which case...

I'm heading out in the direction towards that 184 and probably playing it safe and aiming just right of that left front bunker in front of the green on my second shot.

This one makes me think. Depends how I'm hitting that day, but lets assume I'm striking the ball well with the driver. Aim at left edge of that bunker, put the ball a touch up in my stance, and let it rip. Well struck, I carry over the bunker with 5 yards to spare. Mis hit, it plunks into the bunker. That's why I'm pondering my approach on this hole. If it carries, I'm hoping for a fair amount of roll to get into 6 or 7 iron range into the green. I'm pretty comfortable with the carry distances of those irons into that green. Tee shot is going to be crucial here.

If i'm feeling nervous about carrying that bunker on the tee shot, I'm going more right. I may take a 5 iron then (or even a 4 iron) and try to play a low draw and let it chase onto the green. At least from the picture, that looks like it could work. Worse case, I miss the green a bit, but should be in a good position to get up and down.

~Rock

I'm telling you guys. Worry more about the approach.

I agree with this guy. A lot.

The tee shot isn't as daunting as you think, there is a lot of space. Just don't slice it off the planet like I did. Hahaha

#HawkTruth

While it may not appear daunting on paper, the nerves WILL be there standing over the approach shot - especially with a title potentially on the line. Have a routine and stick to it.

This is getting more and more real by the day. Once we start nailing down equipment the excitement will grow even more.

While I have been working on my game I haven't really felt a reason why up until the last few weeks until it hit me how close we are coming to this event and how awesome this experience is going to be.

Hawk yelled at me on 18

Tough finishing hole, especially if you need it for the match. Im aiming at the 184 marker area and just keeping it in play. My approach will vary depending on where the match is and where my opponent put his drive. Im not flirting with the water unless its a must.

Back