Best places to sell clubs

hackernation

One shot at a time
Reaction score
Handicap
Outside of THP Market and eBay, any other sources to sell your clubs?

Outside of THP Market and eBay, any other sources to sell your clubs?

You could try Craigslist and possibly LetGo if that's available in your area.

2nd swing, swingemagain and a few other online places.

I've had success on CraigsList - just be ready to deal with a lot of flakes and lowballers

+1 for Craigslist. I've sold quite a few clubs on CL and all of my transactions were positive. Thankfully, golfers are usually solid people. Agree with with lowball comment above...just ignore those people.

Also sold a set of irons on eBay. Sold them in less than 2 hours. However, I under-priced them (used buy it now feature) because the net price was lower than expected after paying the Paypal & eBay fees.

Last edited:
I've had success on CraigsList - just be ready to deal with a lot of flakes and lowballers
I've heard some bad stories with people using Craigslist for robbery or worse. I've always avoided it since it usually requires a face-to-face exchange.

I've heard some bad stories with people using Craigslist for robbery or worse. I've always avoided it since it usually requires a face-to-face exchange.

There are absolutely bad stories out there. Just be smart. I've never met someone at their house or had them meet me at my house for the exchange. It's always done in a public setting during daylight hours - gas stations, restaurants, mall parking lots, hell I've even had people meet me in the police station parking lot. If they don't agree I don't meet. I don't need the cash that badly.

I think it depends partly on what you're selling. If you have recent, higher end stuff, there seems to be a pretty good market here. eBay certainly has a broader audience and I was able to sell a club there for more than I asked for here. I also got a good price for a set of 3 Scratch Golf 8620 wedges that have $0 PGA Trade value. I guess they still have fans out there.There were people looking for those exact wedges and I had two offers in 36 hours.

I recently used swingemagaingolf.com to trade in my old clubs because I didn't want to find a buyer on eBay or Craigslist. It was really easy and I was rather honest about the condition of my clubs so I think I got a fair price. They give you shipping labels for free and they even have payment through PayPal available if you don't want to get a check.

You will likely find a better price on eBay or Craigslist but for ease of use and peace of mind, I totally recommend swingemagaingolf.com.

Craigslist in my past experience have been full of low ballers. One person asked to sell my j40's for 75$ was listed for 250. That is quite a discount. Told him for 75$ I will give him the shafts . And for another 175 he may have the club heads.

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Bought a bag in a pleasant transaction on FB Marketplace. Could be worth a try.

Back