Blind Golf Ball Testing - Ball Revealed

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A while back THP sent out golf balls to a bunch of THPers that signed up for blind ball testing. These golf balls were in plain white sleeves, the balls were unmarked and had no logo. It was their job to test them out blind, and let the world know what they were seeing. Most people did a tremendous job with updates and today we can announce the ball that was used and share some info that might help understand what testers were seeing.

You can read all of their reviews and see what kind of results they were seeing from the "mystery ball" here.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?70530-Golf-Ball-Review-Blind-Ball-Testing

What was it? The ball in testing was the current version of the Bridgestone B330-RX and they are currently in stores (and on sale) at $34.99. The video below is with Corey Consuegra from Bridgestone Golf and he explains a bit about why you are seeing what you saw in testing.

Seems like a few people guessed right, great golf ball I can definitely relate in my short with with some of the thoughts and experiences with it others have had

Wow. Well then it looks like I was right and wrong at the same time. This ball isn't just for swing speeds under 105. It's for everyone who wants a solid ball tee to green

Seems like a few people guessed right, great golf ball I can definitely relate in my short with with some of the thoughts and experiences with it others have had

And you have 6 dozen. I want one

And you have 6 dozen. I want one

Win Pittsburgh

OR

The ball in testing was the current version of the Bridgestone B330-RX and they are currently in stores (and on sale) at $34.99

Great stuff. I will check out the new version for sure after reading up on the testing. I lost the last of my other favorite and similarly priced ball with the initials CS at LIITA last weekend.

Oh. Current!! Reading is hard! Heck I had a whole dozen marked up in my bag and never got to them in ORL.

Last edited:
Well kudos to everyone who guessed Bridgestone from the get-go, and it's very interesting that it's the 330-RX. I'm a huge e6 fan and it sounds from all the testing like I should give these a serious thought.

This is a great ball. Have been playing them almost exclusively for about 6 years now. Now I know why I like them so much after watching Dean's great interview.

That's a cool reveal. I'm a believer in the B330-RX. I gamed it exclusively for 5 years or so. It is a great ball. I can attest to the forgiveness. I hit a lot of fairways due to this ball.

so i was right it was bridgestone and the b330 but thought it was the new version. The current version is one of my favorite balls to play. i was hoping this was the new version to get some insight but the testing was pretty cool.

Good stuff! The testing thread was a great read...I'll be trying these balls out as well. Who doesn't need forgiveness?

So I was kinda right with my guess.....Like emart I thought it might be a new version of the B330RX, but hearing it is the current version is interesting and looks like it may have opened a few peoples eyes to try balls they wouldn't normally choose

I wasn't sure what it was, but the RX makes sense. Slightly firmer than my FG Tour, but still plenty of spin around the greens. The RX is a great ball.

*pats self on back*

Good ball. I suppose this could put the 'can't spin it' myths to rest.

I had a hunch! If course, I started playing them next to the current RX and that really made me go hmm mmm.

Great golf ball, and at the current price, its a hell of a deal.

Such a steal at that price.

very cool, I honestly thought it was going to be a less well known brand like snell, or jack Nicklaus

Blind Golf Ball Testing - Ball Revealed

Some great info in there!

This was a really cool "experiment", and it's interesting to go back and read the thread through the lens of actually knowing what the ball is.

I can't say I've ever played with one of the B330 series - something I should change at some point.

I think this was a genius move on Bridgestones part.... so confident in the product that they send them out unmarked, wait for all the good feedback that they know is coming...and then let everyone know that they can get this product anywhere right now at a great price. I am sure there are players who shy away from the RX based on ego and something like this is a great way to show them how good the ball may be for their game.

This was a really cool "experiment", and it's interesting to go back and read the thread through the lens of actually knowing what the ball is.

I can't say I've ever played with one of the B330 series - something I should change at some point.

I played the B330RX last year but have tried the B330S up to now this year with my new clubs and quite like it. I am pretty sure I still have some B330RX left in my bag so I might pull them out for the round this weekend and see how they compare to the B330S and new clubs

I knew it was going to make me look like a headcase. I played the Mystery Ball and a current 330-RX and saw different results from front to back on the course. Haha

Well kudos to everyone who guessed Bridgestone from the get-go, and it's very interesting that it's the 330-RX. I'm a huge e6 fan and it sounds from all the testing like I should give these a serious thought.
Academy had these on sale for ridiculous cheap a couple weeks before. Grabbed a dozen for $24 and have been playing them since.

I've not got a chance to play last model's RX, but I do like the B330's for sure. That is a great price for that ball segment, if I run across them and I can't get my hands on some Chrome Softs, I'll pick these up instead and give them a try.

Back