Golf Apparel - Personal or Utilitarian

Working for a course, I tend to always try and look well put together. Even at other courses, feel like I'm representing my course.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Now that I work from home I don't have to worry about daily attire but when I worked in offices I did my best to be stylish so for me I setup my golf attire and business attire to dress the part

I tend to stick to solid colors and traditional patterns, but I am very picky when it comes to golf clothes. They have to be comfortable, but the HAVE to look good.

David we are just alike in this. I like fashion on the course and pretty boring at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For years I've just worn whatever for golf but I've definitely shifted to taking more care with it over the last year or so. Still lots of work to do to properly up my clothing game, but it's heading in the right direction.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Golf Apparel - Personal or Utilitarian

Work, I have to wear a company shirt. Due to the work I do, a pair of dickies are perfect on the lower half.
On the golf course, I used to really think about what I was wearing back in the UK. I had some killer gear. Now I'm out in California, I'm far more relaxed. Always shorts, always a polo untucked. The only throw back from the UK is I like my shoes to stand out a little. No white or black for me.
Now when I go to the pub, I look the dogs bollocks!!!!!!!

I started thinking about my style on the course today and I realized how much more specific I am with my style on the course then anywhere else. For work and leisure I am. Am a pretty plain person, khakis and comfy shoes is the goal. But for golf, I pick clothing that is more modern, I mix in colors and I coordinate from the hat to the shoes to look my best and look the part.

So my question to you is, do you go to greater lengths to plan your course apparel and take more effort with it or do you just pick what's comfy and works and hit the links?

I try to coordinate and script my golf clothes well, Wear a uniform for work which at least is pants and a golf shirt, so at least I got that going for me as well, but its all black so I prefer to mix it up on the course with some general colors, usually a mix of colored shirt, black, blue or grey shorts....

Considering I'm wearing a straw hat while on the golf course I don't consider myself very fashion forward

As a guy who wears FJ golf sandals, I appreciate and relate to this.

I take a little time to match. Then again, I'd call myself fairly style conscious in general. The course does allow me a place to wear some colours and combos that I wouldn't otherwise want to be wearing out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say I go to greater lengths. I have several shirts and shorts, I try to at least where outfits that go together. But other than that, the clothes just need to be comfy and fit well.

~Rock

I wear brown boots, jeans with a brown belt and either golf polos or long sleeve button downs for work. For golf, I wear the same polos but my belt and shoe game is more diverse. I don't like loud patterns or bright colors for either situation so it' not much of a problem.

I think I'm similar to you on this fupresti. I'm pretty plain in the work world but try and get a little more colorful on the course.

I definitely put effort into what I wear when I play. I like to pair colors and designs, but comfort is also a big component.

My style is pretty much the same for work/golf/casual.
I wear button down collar dress shirts to work, I wear button down collar polo shirts to play golf in and for casual wear.
If I wear slacks to the course, I wear the same slacks I wear to work.
I do not wear shorts to work but they are pretty much just a shorts version of the slacks I wear to work (Haggar).
I guess the biggest difference in my work/golf attire is that I do not wear any shirts with horizontal stripes to work but I do wear some for golf.
I do not wear white slacks for work or golf but I do wear white shorts to play golf on occasion.
Mostly wear black or gray shorts of slacks, occasionally something dark brown.
I have a couple of buddies who tell me I look like I am dressed for work when I play golf. I take that as a compliment.

I like patterns on and off the golf course. I like brighter colors as well. I like to look good all the time and care about what I wear to work probably more then golf.

I can be caught normally wearing a pair of Roots sweatpants and a random hockey sweater, the hat from my university, and whatever shoes are at the door. When it comes to golf, I only wear Nike clothing and for the first time this year will be playing clubs that aren't Nike. My golf wardrobe is the most extensive collection of items that I own. Can't explain why but that's how I am. Kinda like getting the gears from people!

I've recently started to care more and more about matching my personal style on the golf course. As a female golfer, it's hard to find brands that are trying to be more fashion-forward in golf, but I do appreciate the effort. With FJ, I like their new women's golfleisure line and JLindberg has some amazing pieces. For me, it's about being comfortable first, but I do want the clothes to fit properly and be flattering.

My typical outfit: Sleeveless top, skort, and FJ aspires/tailored collection or metallic shoes. I wear pretty neutral colors so my shoes can pop.

-Abby

I have no style in either regular clothes or golf clothes. I just usually throw something together.

M-F, blue jeans brown boots and a button down most days.

Sa-Su, usually grey or black shorts and a polo with some hint of red in it. I'll throw in some khaki or white shorts from time to time and maybe a blue polo or something but that's about it for me.

All kind of style M-F, pride myself in great suites, ties and shoes, it's the uniform. S-S I don't focus on it, I don't look like a bum but black, grey, blue, and white is about the extent of the colors I'll be sporting

I like a bit of color in my golf polos. In the summer I can wear them to the office too, so I like them to look nice. For shorts or pants I'm pretty plain, though.

Back