Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling the need to buy something... not sure what. Lol. Kbs tour black nickel shafts are forerunners

Been eyeing the XR 5h but I'm going to see if an experiment works first.....honestly not sure if it's even possible but I'm gonna try to put a CTL shaft into a Callaway tip for the BB 5h.

Should be able to do some club work tonight regardless putting the CTL's into the BB 6-AW heads and they should make their debut on Saturday morning.

And IF all this works out....I can off some gorgeous irons that I don't need. :act-up:

What irons will you be offing?

After some suggestions and reading Jmans review im thinking I might like to try out a Cleveland 588 hybrid. For you guys that have hit them have you also hit the Cobra amp cell hybrid? Can they compare to each other.

After some suggestions and reading Jmans review im thinking I might like to try out a Cleveland 588 hybrid. For you guys that have hit them have you also hit the Cobra amp cell hybrid? Can they compare to each other.

545's.....but still have to make sure I'm making the right move as I do like the Srixon's but could definitely use a bit more forgiveness.

545's.....but still have to make sure I'm making the right move as I do like the Srixon's but could definitely use a bit more forgiveness.

Are the Srixons not very forgiving? Ive only hit them a couple of times because where I was trying them had been given the wrong screw to tighten the head to the shaft properly so could swing the correctly.

I have both. I think the 588 is more forgiving. The amp cell is more workable. Distance wise, the are comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the Srixons not very forgiving? Ive only hit them a couple of times because where I was trying them had been given the wrong screw to tighten the head to the shaft properly so could swing the correctly.

They are forgiving for a players club. Smaller profile and look fantastic. Also love the v-sole. But I want to spend some time with the Big Bertha irons and if that doesn't pan out then I'll likely go Apex or XR.

I have both. I think the 588 is more forgiving. The amp cell is more workable. Distance wise, the are comparable.

Which one would you prefer? I cant hit the amp cell to save myself hence the looking to try something different.

They are forgiving for a players club. Smaller profile and look fantastic. Also love the v-sole. But I want to spend some time with the Big Bertha irons and if that doesn't pan out then I'll likely go Apex or XR.

That sounds fair enough.

Which one would you prefer? I cant hit the amp cell to save myself hence the looking to try something different.

I prefer the 588. Hands down.

the Srixons offer forgiveness and I enjoy mine for that reason compared to my 588 CBs. IMO the 545s are a players/GI combined.

That was a short lived "marriage". Is your expectations that the BB will bring in your dispersion because they are easier to hit and also give you some added distance on good and bad shots?

Sound like the 588 has some love. Thanks for the help.

I'll second the 588 (as I did earlier :act-up:). Best hybrid I've ever owned. The 3h has been indispensable for me. I know you mentioned that you didn't necessarily like the look, but I think it looks a whole lot more "normal" and much better in hand than it did in pictures. It's one of those clubs where I've loved it since I took my first swing with it.

The funny thing about the club is that it originally wasn't supposed to be in my Morgan Cup bag, but I think every time I needed to hit a longish shot and straight that weekend (and really since then), I ended up pulling that club. I can't say enough good things about it.

Sound like the 588 has some love. Thanks for the help.

Good luck. They are dirt cheap right now. Worth every penny

I'll second the 588 (as I did earlier :act-up:). Best hybrid I've ever owned. The 3h has been indispensable for me. I know you mentioned that you didn't necessarily like the look, but I think it looks a whole lot more "normal" and much better in hand than it did in pictures. It's one of those clubs where I've loved it since I took my first swing with it.

The funny thing about the club is that it originally wasn't supposed to be in my Morgan Cup bag, but I think every time I needed to hit a longish shot and straight that weekend (and really since then), I ended up pulling that club. I can't say enough good things about it.

Yup this. I'm in complete agreement. I just bought the Srixon h45 which I need to break in and compare to the 588. Problem is I'm on point with my Titleist stuff right now.

Yup this. I'm in complete agreement. I just bought the Srixon h45 which I need to break in and compare to the 588. Problem is I'm on point with my Titleist stuff right now.

Those poor 945s, just sitting in a corner somewhere.

This is sort of my feel on them. When I'm on, I love the clubs. But, I'm sort of on a kick of playing the most forgiving clubs I can stand right now. No need to leave strokes on the table. But, the 545 aren't going anywhere, even if I'm not gaming them every day.

I don't remember if you've spent a ton of time with the Apex before - did you find them significantly more forgiving than the 545s? I've only hit them for a half hour or so on the range at a demo day, and to me they were maybe a bit, but not a ton.

Those poor 945s, just sitting in a corner somewhere.

Still in the wrapper. Gawd are they beautiful. Like I said, the second my AP2's struggle - bang - they are getting the call up. I need to take some pics and do some WITB updates

Apex definitely aren't the place to look for more forgiveness if you're comparing to the 545. Maybe the same, but I can't envision a scenario where anybody could quantify a true difference.

5 hybrid... Do not know if it will last, so I do not want to spend a ton.

Thinking about thinning out some putters, I might be sick.

4H. Time to retire the 4I. May do some shopping on the bay for a cheaper XR/BB/815 or go straight to pre-owned and just grab another X2 Hot.

4H. Time to retire the 4I. May do some shopping on the bay for a cheaper XR/BB/815 or go straight to pre-owned and just grab another X2 Hot.

Read the last five words and just do that.

GPS watch

the Srixons offer forgiveness and I enjoy mine for that reason compared to my 588 CBs. IMO the 545s are a players/GI combined.

That was a short lived "marriage". Is your expectations that the BB will bring in your dispersion because they are easier to hit and also give you some added distance on good and bad shots?

Little bit of everything....I do think the misses could be handled better and since I don't work the ball I can lean on a more GI/SGI club.

I still enjoy the 545's....but I want some Callaway irons back in the bag.

PM wedge still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back