Cobra FLY-Z+ Driver Preview

If it was the lime they did limited last year, I'd be interested. I'm just not a fan of the "green-green" option they have this year comparatively.

He said it won't be the lime green but a darker green than they have right now

He said it won't be the lime green but a darker green than they have right now

Sad James.

But I bet many would LOVE it.

My vote is now Matte Black. Because matte is effing awesome. LOL

Sad James.

But I bet many would LOVE it.

My vote is now Matte Black. Because matte is effing awesome. LOL

But that blue though

the blue one is the best looking. imo

Gonna try to hit this at lunch today. The auction I am watching ends tonight and it almost at my threshold. Gonna see if I might expand that threshold, lol

So I stopped in EW today to hit this. My only regret is not bringing my BC+ to compare to but I actually didn't expect to make it in today to hit it. I hit a few with the weight back and a few with it forward. Probably half and half on the shots below. Let's just say I am disappointed that I didn't find a gem but I am glad I stopped in to hit it before I dropped a few bills on it on ebay. The new shaft did not feel as smooth as the red tie and I did not like the feel as much. Of course, if results had been there I could have overlooked. As you can see below, the results were not there. I didn't have time to do a ton of tinkering but set at 9 degrees my numbers were gross. Even flipping the weight did not get spin anywhere where it needs to be (balls were a mix of e5 and B330RXS). Everything leaked to the right (some a lot) and ball flight was still quite high. Also, ignore the first one...it was a cold turkey worm burner, lol.

Again, I wish I had brought my BC+ to compare it to. I might try to do that one day this week but with the results I am getting with the BC+ I am probably foolish to chase any increased ball speed. On a side note, my swing speed has dropped more than 5mph since the last time I was on a monitor right before The King in 2014. That's kind of sickening as well.

Guess I will stick to what I have...which isn't all that bad for a short knocker.

18eff007382e4387df1e4e07d64e6d6a.jpg

023f953f591d80480ee998e51466dde2.jpg

f7ffff3ea070c201e9f095cbc15f4a4c.jpg

Ahhhh Yeaaaaaaaaa. Now if this plumber will get here on time I should have some time for a bucket.... Or two.

Installed a Miyazaki Dromos 61x, 45 3/4, D5. This is the best shaft yet! Hit one 334y with slight side/down wind. The shortest drive for me was 273y. Most decent carrys were 280y range, which is big for me.
Dispersion is a lot tighter and Looong!. I am seeing new personal distance records on my local, for driving distances on many holes. I have NEVER been in these locations before. I combine this to the fact the shaft begs for bigger swings, and its 45.75. Its made my buddies Adams XTD Ti / UST Silver 7x @ 46 look a lot less at the range.

I feel the additional shaft length from 45 to 45.75 has the whole equation distance magnified, the D5 feels better, however its swinging and not getting stuck, like other heavier total weight set up's at D5.
I think a Indigo 61x would be great too for big swing, high launch players. The Dromos or JDL have a 'slightly' softer tip (not much), it sure rockets the ball. Just a great combo. Now I am working on my setup and POA.

Miyazaki 61x are very firm for the weight...get what you pay for...

Last edited:
Actually the Dromos 61x has a decently firm tip. The shaft flex code is 7766 I believe.
Its very stout shaft that plays incredibly close to a single flex across the length of the shaft. Not as tip stiff as a Kusala Black in the same flex, but as much as the Kusala Blue. In fact the Dromos and Kusala Blue play very similar in flex.

So I stopped in EW today to hit this. My only regret is not bringing my BC+ to compare to but I actually didn't expect to make it in today to hit it. I hit a few with the weight back and a few with it forward. Probably half and half on the shots below. Let's just say I am disappointed that I didn't find a gem but I am glad I stopped in to hit it before I dropped a few bills on it on ebay. The new shaft did not feel as smooth as the red tie and I did not like the feel as much. Of course, if results had been there I could have overlooked. As you can see below, the results were not there. I didn't have time to do a ton of tinkering but set at 9 degrees my numbers were gross. Even flipping the weight did not get spin anywhere where it needs to be (balls were a mix of e5 and B330RXS). Everything leaked to the right (some a lot) and ball flight was still quite high. Also, ignore the first one...it was a cold turkey worm burner, lol.

Again, I wish I had brought my BC+ to compare it to. I might try to do that one day this week but with the results I am getting with the BC+ I am probably foolish to chase any increased ball speed. On a side note, my swing speed has dropped more than 5mph since the last time I was on a monitor right before The King in 2014. That's kind of sickening as well.

Guess I will stick to what I have...which isn't all that bad for a short knocker.

18eff007382e4387df1e4e07d64e6d6a.jpg
I'm pretty sure, after seeing you hit last week, that you got the wrong screen shot.
Short knocker my a$$ - you smoked the driver last week!!

I'm pretty sure, after seeing you hit last week, that you got the wrong screen shot.

Ha. Thanks. It was at elevation right? lol

I am going to try to go back with my BC+ or hit up another shop. I was talking to one of my regular playing partners and he had a hard time believing the swing speed drop.

I really don't want to chase numbers but a little more ball speed with similar accuracy would be quite sweet.

Actually the Dromos 61x has a decently firm tip. The shaft flex code is 7766 I believe.
Its very stout shaft that plays incredibly close to a single flex across the length of the shaft. Not as tip stiff as a Kusala Black in the same flex, but as much as the Kusala Blue. In fact the Dromos and Kusala Blue play very similar in flex.

Yes its firm but not quite as firm as the Indigo 61x (7777) I gamed, actually I think its near perfect for my 105-108 swing... I load hard and go at it. I did set it to 11.5 and play the ball a tad more fwd.
The best results to get my launch up (my whole problem with Fly-Z+ being a low ball hitter), was to drop the right shoulder a tad more at set up...BINGO med/high launching flat lines, that kept going n going!

Other projects: I may get a Miyazaki 70x for my Aeroburuner HL TP that is very long too...

Last edited:
Really thinking about going to a driver fitting and checking this thing out. Haven't been fitted for a driver before and I just won some money from a local tournament, sure is burning a hole in my pocket.

We'll see...

Has anybody hit the Fly Z+ in the back position and the Basic Fly Z. What were the difference you saw between the two of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anybody hit the Fly Z+ in the back position and the Basic Fly Z. What were the difference you saw between the two of them?

i have hit the z+ with weight back and the the z. iirc correctly from the cobra guys is the z has more forgiving head and some added spin compared to the z+. visually i was not able to tell a difference in spin or ball flight.

I never hit the + with the weight back because I was already getting good ball flight with it forward. A couple people this weekend were really impressed with the regular Fly-Z though

I have. To me the FlyZ felt better than the FlyZ+ with the weight in the back but the FlyZ just wasn't for me. Spin numbers up over 4000rpm

Sorry missed this somehow.

Z+ asked for green head w/tour green shaft in stiff. If I can't get green then blue

what about you?

Z+ orange stock x-stiff and I'm gonna re tip my tour green I have at home

I have no clue how you got those numbers with that swing speed...
I have the BC+ and the FZ+.
I swing high 90s and get close to 250 yards total distance no problem.

Your Spin #s make no sense at all !!!

I have no clue how you got those numbers with that swing speed...
I have the BC+ and the FZ+.
I swing high 90s and get close to 250 yards total distance no problem.

Your Spin #s make no sense at all !!!

Yeah it was super weird and honestly really discouraging. so I went to a different place today and took my BC+ with me. Line 40 and 41 below are my BC+

166372b3740db7fcfe9f048234197079.jpg

They did not have a FlyZ+ to demo at this store but I did hit the Cally XR (lines 42-47), TM Aero and R15. Basically he told me to save my money. I obliged.

I think I might drop the BC+ a degree and see if that launch comes down.

nice. orange was my 3rd color choice, wife talked me into the blue if no green.

Lol I was stuck between black and orange so I let the wife pick for me haha it's better when I let her make the decisions

Back