2015 THP Invitational at Prairie Highlands - Kansas City Area

By the way....Formats.
Both players must contribute in Best Ball for at least 2 holes.

By the way....Formats.

I like this twist. Everyone will be accountable for the scoring as it should be! Going to be a blast.

I freaking love the format.

I was just wondering for purposes of trying to determine on a few holes whether to try and carry driver over a bunker or not. I actually have no issues with hitting out of FW bunkers.

But, if you insist, I will man up and just carry them, or aim somewhere else.

~Rock
I'm not driving 9 hours to see some awesome friends and lay up...good plan.

Will lay up if needed though to be safe. (not meant for anyone else to read)

I'm not driving 9 hours to see some awesome friends and lay up...good plan.

Will lay up if needed though to be safe. (not meant for anyone else to read)
I thought all of the par 4s were driveable for you, or are you just a big hitter at altitude?

I thought all of the par 4s were driveable for you, or are you just a big hitter at altitude?
Must have me confused with someone else...#internetonly

By the way....Formats.

This was a great twist in Pittsburgh. And adds some strategy. We had a good plan until I three putted from 10 feet on a par 3

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

No one uses mapquest, Ken.

Google Maps FTW!

:alien:

My memories of driving around KC are that the airport is noticeably far from he city, but it's not a terrible drive from most things around the city.

It's a cool, fun town. Really looking forward to the weekend.

Your welcome, Seth.

Was doing a little on-line recon to get a feel for transit times, etc. I'll share it here for anyone curious, or it may save you some time researching.

Airport to Hotel (Hampton - Olathe: 36 miles, about 36 minutes.
Hotel to Top Golf: 8 miles, about 10 minutes
Hotel to golf course: 10 miles, about 15 minutes.
Hotel to Joe's Kansas City BBQ: 15 miles, 16-18 minutes.
Hotel to Deer Creek: 7-10 Miles depending on route, 12 to 20 minutes.
Deer Creek to Joe's: 17 miles, about 18 minutes.
Hotel to Shoal Creek: 33 miles, about 34 minutes.

All per MapQuest.

Quoted myself due to added locations/times.

Played Prairie Highlands this afternoon. We've had a lot of rain out here and I wasn't terribly optimistic about the condition of the course prior to my round. I'll just say that my suspicions were not unfounded. I'm sure they're doing all they can to fix some things but it's very difficult when Mother Nature, from their point of view, isn't cooperating. Quite a bit more rain is on tap for the next couple of days.

Doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme, though. I don't think there's too many things that can stop a group of THPers from taking over and having a f*****g blast.

By the way....Formats.

Oh, that's fun. I like the twist.

Played Prairie Highlands this afternoon. We've had a lot of rain out here and I wasn't terribly optimistic about the condition of the course prior to my round. I'll just say that my suspicions were not unfounded. I'm sure they're doing all they can to fix some things but it's very difficult when Mother Nature, from their point of view, isn't cooperating. Quite a bit more rain is on tap for the next couple of days.

Doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme, though. I don't think there's too many things that can stop a group of THPers from taking over and having a f*****g blast.
Hard to keep up with everything when it rains every other day (or more). How is the rough? Many courses around here are having trouble mowing. The ground is so wet, they just leave ruts. Painted drains pretty well and we are off the cart paths before most others, but we have been on the paths more than I have ever seen it.

How are the bunkers? We've taken to just making them presentable. Every time our guys get the bunkers perfect, 15 minutes of rain just ruins them again.

Couple a links style course with all the rain and you get rough that's pretty gnarly. The fairways and first cut are decent but the bunkers are a mess. The greens were pretty underwhelming, too. Without the crazy precipitation you can see that PH would be a very nice course and I really dig the layout.

Couple a links style course with all the rain and you get rough that's pretty gnarly. The fairways and first cut are decent but the bunkers are a mess. The greens were pretty underwhelming, too. Without the crazy precipitation you can see that PH would be a very nice course and I really dig the layout.

That's what I was expecting. Too much effing rain. When this was announced I thought the conditions would be perfect for this Saturday. Who would have thought the Midwest would have gotten so much (too much) rain?

That's what I was expecting. Too much effing rain. When this was announced I thought the conditions would be perfect for this Saturday. Who would have thought the Midwest would have gotten so much (too much) rain?
Ain't that the truth. My home course (gateway national - links style) now has a pond you have to hit over on 17 - not supposed to be there. Yesterday the water receded about a foot in depth and the fairway and rough was completely bare in the area the water has been sitting. It's going to be a bear to fix in the fall.

The course conditions will be nothing I'm not already used to, since I live a mere 3 hours north of Olathe. A couple of weeks ago, me and Woody played a link style course a day after a 4 inch rain, so I think we are going to be ready.

~Rock

Story of the summer. Not too concerned, though I do really hope it's not CPO.

I would be surprised if we weren't CPO all weekend unfortunately

Is Friday's course walkable? It may make more sense to just hoof it if it's CPO. You'll end up walking more with a cart.

This is a genuine question, is drainage in the midwest that poor? I know sand based turfs like bermuda drain really well, but this much rain would not stop much in the south or out west. Yet KY, OH and now MO are all in shambles with the rain on the courses.

Is Friday's course walkable? It may make more sense to just hoof it if it's CPO. You'll end up walking more with a cart.

36 holes walking would be tough... There is a little distance between some holes I think you will be glad you have a cart

I just moved all my clubs into a stand bag in case we are CPO.

This is a genuine question, is drainage in the midwest that poor? I know sand based turfs like bermuda drain really well, but this much rain would not stop much in the south or out west. Yet KY, OH and now MO are all in shambles with the rain on the courses.

We have had record rainfalls this summer.. This isn't normal so I guess it's tough to answer. I cannot remember being CPO very often last summer but it has rained heavily a lot this year.

36 holes walking would be tough... There is a little distance between some holes I think you will be glad you have a cart

If there is green to tee distance, that's all I need to know.

If holes were close to each other, walking almost makes more sense than CPO. Tons of walking involved then. (I also need to remember to bring another towel).

26+ inches over the past 2 months over 5 inches the last 3 days.

Looking at the forecast, it looks like there will be a little bit of a reprieve on the rain for the next few days. A little today, some Friday evening, but nothing too drastic (at least per weather channel).

It'll be all good regardless. I think it only rains at THP events that Dev attends, so we should be in great shape.

:alien:

Back