Top 3 Greatest Feeling Irons You've Ever Hit

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
I know that feel is subjective. What some consider heavenly soft, others consider mushy. And what might be described as clicky to some is the perfect feeling to others. But for you, what were the 3 best feeling irons you've ever hit?

For me, and in no particular order:

1. Mizuno MP-32
2. Ping S55
3. Mizuno MP-33

(I also want to give a shout out to the Tommy Armour 845 Silver Scots. I hit those the other day. Wow, are those nice feeling irons.)

S55
Covert Forged
Apex pro

Mp-64, mp-15, s55

J15CB
VRS Forged/Adams CMB
Apex Pro

Last edited:
My current Callaway XR. Great irons.

I'm sure I've hit a fraction of irons compared to most on here. But, I'm really loving these XR Pros.

XR, Mizuno mp-h4, and Ping s55. I dont have the game for any of them but they felt great when I tried them.

TaylorMade TP CB's. First time I hit one, I never felt the ball leave the face it was so smooth.
Titleist MB's

Don't really have a third that stands out.

Callaway XR Pro
Nike VR Pro Combos
Adams Idea Pro Gold

Best three feeling Irons I have hit

1. Mizuno JPX 850
2. Nike Vapor Speed
3. Cobra Bio Cell

MP H4

Apex

Diablo Forged

1) Ping i20

2) Nike Vapor Pro Combo

3) Callaway Apex

In no particular order:

1. Hogan Apex Plus
2. Bridgestone J40 DPC
3. Titleist AP1 710

HonorableMention: Taylormade Burner 1.0 and Adams CB3

JM

Apex Pro
MP-33
JPX 800 Pro

TaylorMade TP MC
Mizuno MP54
Top Flite Tour (my age is showing...)

All butter smooth at impact in the sweet spot, outside of that, not so sweet. The Tours were the worst, a thin hit on a cool day and you would be lucky to have feeling in your hands for the next shot.

z745

Nike Forged Pro Combo

Ping i25

Miura baby blade
Epon af tour
Mizuno mp 64

In order of greatest would be Srizon z745, Callaway apex pro's and Mixuno mp-57. All in relation are solid sticks and very fun to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra ACP
J40 DPC
J15 CB

In no real order

Mizzy MP 15s
J40 DPCs
714 AP2s

Apex MB
Bridgestone J36 MB
Nike VR Pro Blades

Hmmmh interesting?

To me, sound is feel, particularly on irons. Sure blades will let you know when you mis-hit the ball, but that is more about negative feedback than positive. As a result, the answer to this question becomes which ones sound the best.

For me, that is very easy -- Callaway Diablo Edges. Yeah, I know they're cast. I know they're straddling SGI and GI. They just sound awesome when hit squarely. It's a "thwack" sound, and that is consistent in both steel and graphite. I've not hit a Callaway offering made since that sounded as good, and I don't think a TPU insert club even can.

MP-15
MP-68
Anser Forged

J40cbs, dcps are awesome also.
Adams CMB
Callaway x forged (2012 I think)

Back