GolfNow Users? VIP?

CobraX51

F-ck Yeah Baby!
Reaction score
Handicap
I got put onto this app a few months ago by a friend and absolutely love it. I have $20 in rewards to credit towards a "Hot Deal Now" round and Wednesday am playing a course that typically runs $32-45 for $13 after taxes and fees.

Which leads me to my question. We've been seeing a lot more of the GolfNow VIP commercials and ads when on the app/website and am pretty much going to pull the trigger on the deal. $99 for the year gets you 25% more rewards points for each round of golf booked, and waive convenience fees. Today's convenience fee I paid for my round Wednesday will be $3, and if I book for a two-some or more I also get the added fee(They do reimburse with cash or snack/beer at the turn)

Probably makes sense to just get the VIP membership? Do you typically book thru GolfNow or call the club shop?

I bought the VIP.

I booked about 50% of my tee times GN last year, for a total of 72 rounds booked through them. For me the no fees for $99 pays for itself. I never use the rewards because I rarely ever book hot deals, but the extra bump is nice

If you use it quite a bit like pmm21 does, seems like a good deal.

Around me most of the courses that are on Golf Now I am able to book for the same rate directly with the course so no reason to use Golfnow. I think the only golfnow bookings I have made is when my bank runs a cash back deal (25% back for using my visa) and then I prepay for a hot deal at a course i don't normally play at.

I was looking this up this morning. Seems like a great deal if you book a lot through GolfNow. I only booked two rounds last year using it so don't think I would get my money's worth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To me it is not worth it for a few reasons. Number 1, I live in Michigan so a yearly subscription really only gets me 6-7 months of use since our season is short. Secondly, most of the courses around me on golf now do not differ in price if I call them direct. Number 3, only a couple of hot deals are offered throughout the day and they are never early in the morning when I like to play. Lastly, rarely do I pay full price for a round of golf anyway so golf now wouldn't have much value. All that being said, there are maybe 3-5 rounds per year I book on golf now and it's great but a $99 yearly fee definitely is not.

The only time I would book on GolfNow is for the Hot Deal. You should get the same pricing on the golf course website otherwise. I assume most courses set the GoifNow (non-Hot Deal) pricing. I know ours did (because I set the prices). Or Tee Off or any of those.

Or you know they could go back to no fees after you book 10 times and let that carry over to no fees for the next year.

To me it is not worth it for a few reasons. Number 1, I live in Michigan so a yearly subscription really only gets me 6-7 months of use since our season is short. Secondly, most of the courses around me on golf now do not differ in price if I call them direct. Number 3, only a couple of hot deals are offered throughout the day and they are never early in the morning when I like to play. Lastly, rarely do I pay full price for a round of golf anyway so golf now wouldn't have much value. All that being said, there are maybe 3-5 rounds per year I book on golf now and it's great but a $99 yearly fee definitely is not.

My thoughts exactly.

I book the vast majority of my rounds through Golf Now, but it still isn't worth it for me. A couple of years ago it probably would have been, but I'm just not able to play as much now.

I just prefer booking my times tees without having to speak to anyone on the phone so I like the golfnow website. The courses around here that you can't book online straight through their website I tend to avoid.

I'm not sure I'm sold on this. I feel like I'm on the fence for making the $99 worth it. I book tee times through a variety of ways; dealcaddy, friends private courses, tournaments, teeoff.com...but for someone who uses this exclusively, yea it's def worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just prefer booking my times tees without having to speak to anyone on the phone so I like the golfnow website. The courses around here that you can't book online straight through their website I tend to avoid.

I'm exactly the same way. In fact, I don't think I've ever booked a round over the phone.

Warning VIP contract changes made April 27, 2017 and not to Customers good

Warning VIP contract changes made April 27, 2017 and not to Customers good

[FONT=&quot]VIP Changes made, and not to the customers good, beware,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have used Golf Now for a number of years. Bought their VIP package in Feb. I worked great as we book the day before.
Just got an email from them, April 28, they have changed the terms, and not to the customers good.
One now has to book at least 3 days out to use the promo code $10 rebate. Phoned them and they said they can do what they want, screw the customer after we get their money. They also dropped email support. He said their server was not big enough. I almost thought I was talking to United Airlines.[/FONT]

I was on the website this morning and an ad popped up saying they would send you a dozen TP5x for signing up.

I hate golf now and how terrible they get more and more each year with the crap you can't use a $10 reward unless you book 3 days in advance which is ****ing worthless since 3 days out the hot deals cost like $8 more, I wish they would just go bankrupt. (I still use them for 75% of my play)

I use it for 90% of my rounds and I've played quite a few this year. VIP has paid for itself thus far.

My buddy booked a round for us on GN a couple weeks ago and we ended up bringing a 3rd with us to the course. The 3rd guy wasn't on the GN reservation, and the course charged him $10 less than we paid through GN, not including the GN fee. (To be fair, that particular pro shop seems to vary wildly on pricing depending on who you talk to when you call. I get the idea some of their staff don't really understand how their computer system works.) Anyway, that's the first time that's happened, but I've had plenty of courses around here that have the same price as GN if you call the pro shop directly. And of course there are a few courses that won't honor that price unless you book through GN. More and more I use GN just to get an idea of what tee times are available and then call the pro shop directly before booking anything. I wish TeeOff had more courses on it.

My buddy booked a round for us on GN a couple weeks ago and we ended up bringing a 3rd with us to the course. The 3rd guy wasn't on the GN reservation, and the course charged him $10 less than we paid through GN, not including the GN fee. (To be fair, that particular pro shop seems to vary wildly on pricing depending on who you talk to when you call. I get the idea some of their staff don't really understand how their computer system works.) Anyway, that's the first time that's happened, but I've had plenty of courses around here that have the same price as GN if you call the pro shop directly. And of course there are a few courses that won't honor that price unless you book through GN. More and more I use GN just to get an idea of what tee times are available and then call the pro shop directly before booking anything. I wish TeeOff had more courses on it.
Yeah I always check the course website after looking on golf now. A majority of the time they have a lower rate or no fee plus the course keeps more money. The thing I hate though is when the online rate is cheaper than the walk up rate. Makes it really tough as a single..

From what I hear from others, the VIP deal is worth it for heavy users.

But beware of special offers. I'd received an email about something like $100 worth of GN credit for $50. But when reading the fine print for course exclusions by state, ALL of the good/decent local courses that I'd want to play were not participants in this particular program (although all but one are available to book via GN's normal booking process).

From what I hear from others, the VIP deal is worth it for heavy users.

But beware of special offers. I'd received an email about something like $100 worth of GN credit for $50. But when reading the fine print for course exclusions by state, ALL of the good/decent local courses that I'd want to play were not participants in this particular program (although all but one are available to book via GN's normal booking process).

Definitely a check the fine print before you buy deals. I miss when they were a better company :(

I don't think I have ever used them for anything but hot deals. I do miss booking 10 rounds then no fees the rest of the year

I don't think I have ever used them for anything but hot deals. I do miss booking 10 rounds then no fees the rest of the year

Oh man tell me about it. I just want that perk again

Golf Now gripe.

I used the service last week to book a foursome on a Saturday. We wanted to Play Siena in Las Vegas. I knew what Siena had for tee times on their site, so I looked up Golf Now to see if they had a better deal. Turns out they had a Hot Deal right when I wanted to play for $34 per person, so I snagged it. However, when I got the confirmation email, the booking was for another course altogether. An inferior course that I had no interest in playing. Not even a similar name.

As soon as I realized what happened, I called Golf Now to get it fixed. Siena did not have another Hot Deal around that time, so they couldn't offer me that price at Siena. However, they also wouldn't refund the money. I know Hot Deals are non-refundable, but I figured there must be an exception for when Golf Now reserves the wrong course for you. Nope. They insisted that I must have just screwed up, and that there's no way it was their error. Man, I was pissed. I told them I was going to dispute the charge with my CC.

Regardless, I took the $160 in promo codes they offered me (the only resolution they would offer). I went to use them today to book a Friday morning round, but the codes didn't work. I read the fine print, and it turns out the codes are only good Monday-Thursday, and only after 12:00 p.m. Great. So the promo codes which are meant to compensate me for their error are not even usable on a weekend round like the one I originally intended to book.

What a garbage company.

I dont book that much on golf now because most hot deals are at like 1-3pm. I like the mornings. I pay the green fees and usually walk now

Back