Golf at Lane Creek - Georgia

That severe hip pain you had on #10 did not do you much good either, how you feeling now?

That severe hip pain you had on #10 did not do you much good either, how you feeling now?

It's sore buddy. Sitting on the porch now in my rocking chair but heading in for an ice pack soon ?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's sore buddy. Sitting on the porch now in my rocking chair but heading in for an ice pack soon ��.

My back is sore as a rison, you take care of yourself.

I had an absolute blast playing with y'all today!! The golf was good, the weather was great, but the company was outstanding!!

#Team441 for the win in Legacy. #IAmWithHarry

Had a great time out there yesterday. Thought OG was down for the count, but he toughed it out and hit some bombs! If a hurt back causes the good golf that Dawg was playing yesterday, then sign me up! He tore it up out there yesterday. And Just_Hacking's name should be Just_making_putts because he rolls that flatstick so damn well!

Had a great time out there yesterday. Thought OG was down for the count, but he toughed it out and hit some bombs! If a hurt back causes the good golf that Dawg was playing yesterday, then sign me up! He tore it up out there yesterday. And Just_Hacking's name should be Just_making_putts because he rolls that flatstick so damn well!

It was a great day, hope to tee it up with you again soon. I could not have asked for a better day or better folks to enjoy it with. Oh yeah, nice avatar.

It's sore buddy. Sitting on the porch now in my rocking chair but heading in for an ice pack soon .

My back is sore as a rison, you take care of yourself.

I feel guilty by playing and not getting sore yesterday! I've been using a cart instead of walking and that takes lots of pressure off the left hip/knee plus ultrasound treatments have done miracles. Heck, I'm about back to "normal" just waiting for the next body part to chime in. I do have an inexpensive ultrasound machine on the way, hope it helps as much as the one at the physical therapist.

Next Wednesday I'm scheduled for an injection to the hip that has to be given using some kind of xray to help get the needle in the right place. Maybe a cure, maybe not, we'll see. Anyway, what's the chances of a get-together at LC next week? (any day but Wednesday)

I feel guilty by playing and not getting sore yesterday! I've been using a cart instead of walking and that takes lots of pressure off the left hip/knee plus ultrasound treatments have done miracles. Heck, I'm about back to "normal" just waiting for the next body part to chime in. I do have an inexpensive ultrasound machine on the way, hope it helps as much as the one at the physical therapist.

Next Wednesday I'm scheduled for an injection to the hip that has to be given using some kind of xray to help get the needle in the right place. Maybe a cure, maybe not, we'll see. Anyway, what's the chances of a get-together at LC next week? (any day but Wednesday)

That procedure sounds like a nerve block Don, I had one and it did not work for me. I know lots of people that have had good success with them though. My doctor came back with something very similar but instead of an injection they put a small wire down the needle and heated up the nerves. Sort of like a cauterization I think. I am not totally pain free but I am able to play.

I might be able to make it next week, right now some things I am not quite sure on.

Let me check the tournament schedule and I will get back

Ok guys they have a Senior tournament group from Atlanta playing Mon - Wed so the only day we have is Thursday or maybe the weekend. I already have plans for Friday. There are a ton of fricking tournaments going on this time of year. Heck they had two last Saturday. One in the morning and a huge junior tournament in the afternoon. If this week looks a bit off then we can always shoot for the next one! Being retired is awesome. :bomb:

I think Thursday can work if there's interest from more ole Coots. Going to Valdosta next week, wahoo!

Forgot, I have the injection Wednesday but don't think that will be a problem.

I think Thursday can work if there's interest from more ole Coots. Going to Valdosta next week, wahoo!

I can make it happen if Bill is up for it.

I have been fighting a stomach virus but feeling better today . I should be good to go by Thursday. What time is best for you guys?

9:30 - 10:00 would work, I could leave here at 6, earlier if need be.

9:30 - 10:00 would work, I could leave here at 6, earlier if need be.

I'll grab us a tee time tomorrow in that time frame. Looking forward to seeing you soon my friend. You too Randy :alien:

I'll grab us a tee time tomorrow in that time frame. Looking forward to seeing you soon my friend. You too Randy :alien:

It will be a good day (and a good test of how our various maladies are healing:good:)

It will be a good day (and a good test of how our various maladies are healing:good:)

We just need Ken there to really have the ultimate test of our healing :smile:

We just need Ken there to really have the ultimate test of our healing :smile:

Dang, I'd love to be there for an Old Coots reunion of sorts. I am in Georgia this week, but cannot play Thursday. I'm having new carpet put into the mountain house that day. Only days free this week are Wed and Fri, and they are iffy at this point. You old Coots have fun out there.

Dang, I'd love to be there for an Old Coots reunion of sorts. I am in Georgia this week, but cannot play Thursday. I'm having new carpet put into the mountain house that day. Only days free this week are Wed and Fri, and they are iffy at this point. You old Coots have fun out there.

We'll miss you good buddy! Have you become accustom to being a Florida resident yet? I bet you are loving being closer to your daughter and family :thumb:

I just called the course and our tee time is 10:56 for Thursday. :golf2:

Guess we can shoot for later in the summer. Life does have a way of interrupting our plans sometimes huh?

Last edited:
Lil update: I'm a little bummed, the shot into my hip does nothing for me, just a little comfort but no huge relief.

Long drawn out procedure and a waste of time.

The doc kept repeating that a hip replacement was in my future and to put it off as long as possible. Well he got one part of that right! The hip is staying put until the knee is fixed. The other hip quit hurting when the knee got to full strength after TKR.

So, it would have been a tough drive to LC tomorrow anyway. (But worth it)

Lil update: I'm a little bummed, the shot into my hip does nothing for me, just a little comfort but no huge relief.

Long drawn out procedure and a waste of time.

The doc kept repeating that a hip replacement was in my future and to put it off as long as possible. Well he got one part of that right! The hip is staying put until the knee is fixed. The other hip quit hurting when the knee got to full strength after TKR.

So, it would have been a tough drive to LC tomorrow anyway. (But worth it)

Brother do I ever feel your pain. My hip caught on me getting out of my porch swing a few minutes ago. It felt like last Thursday with Dawg & MillerTime. Hell I had to drag myself into the house.

My Doc told me the same thing about needing to replace mine within a year or so. I wish I had told him to go ahead and replace it last August when I fell

This is something that confuses me. If your hip is causing pain and the doc says it will have to be replaced anyway, why do they say put it off as long as possible? Is that so you can live with the pain as long as possible. I might be looking for a second opinion.

This is something that confuses me. If your hip is causing pain and the doc says it will have to be replaced anyway, why do they say put it off as long as possible? Is that so you can live with the pain as long as possible. I might be looking for a second opinion.

Maybe he is thinking if the knee is fixed the hip pain will go away. My hip didn't start hurting until I broke it and the screws were put in. Now the doc says I will need a replacement sooner than later. WTF.

Back