GolfNow Users? VIP?

Golf Now gripe.

I used the service last week to book a foursome on a Saturday. We wanted to Play Siena in Las Vegas. I knew what Siena had for tee times on their site, so I looked up Golf Now to see if they had a better deal. Turns out they had a Hot Deal right when I wanted to play for $34 per person, so I snagged it. However, when I got the confirmation email, the booking was for another course altogether. An inferior course that I had no interest in playing. Not even a similar name.

As soon as I realized what happened, I called Golf Now to get it fixed. Siena did not have another Hot Deal around that time, so they couldn't offer me that price at Siena. However, they also wouldn't refund the money. I know Hot Deals are non-refundable, but I figured there must be an exception for when Golf Now reserves the wrong course for you. Nope. They insisted that I must have just screwed up, and that there's no way it was their error. Man, I was pissed. I told them I was going to dispute the charge with my CC.

Regardless, I took the $160 in promo codes they offered me (the only resolution they would offer). I went to use them today to book a Friday morning round, but the codes didn't work. I read the fine print, and it turns out the codes are only good Monday-Thursday, and only after 12:00 p.m. Great. So the promo codes which are meant to compensate me for their error are not even usable on a weekend round like the one I originally intended to book.

What a garbage company.

That’s aggravating. I stopped using them because even when you get a $10 discount tee time, it’s completely negated by the golfnow fees. Why don’t I just book at the course or on their website?

Teeoff.com is now my go-to. No booking fees, but they only have a quarter of the courses that golfnow has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s aggravating. I stopped using them because even when you get a $10 discount tee time, it’s completely negated by the golfnow fees. Why don’t I just book at the course or on their website?

Teeoff.com is now my go-to. No booking fees, but they only have a quarter of the courses that golfnow has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention you now have to book 3 days in advance to use the $10 and low and behold they are more expensive 3 days in advance.

The only way to actually get value is to save up 3 or 4 then use them all. Then you at least get full value on the ones after the first one.

VIP is the only good value if you use them a lot.

So about a month from now my GolfNow VIP expires and I got an e-mail thanking me and asking to renew for the same $99 deal.

In 11 months I saved $204 in waived fees, and lost count how many HotDeal coupons I received. Never had an issue with this company, you can cancel anytime for whatever reason if something comes up and they just credit your GN account. Customer service is top notch.

I'll definitely be re-upping as slowly more courses are becoming available.

Back