Iron reshaft question

jschiele01

Reaction score
Handicap
So, I want to pick up a Modus 3 120 x stiff shaft to try in my 7 iron. I want it to play to 37.5" long. If I buy a 39.5" shaft, can I trim that to my desired 7 iron length. Or do I need to buy a specific length shaft to get desired length. Apologies if it's a dumb question, very new to me.

Are they taper tip or parallel?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Nippon shafts are pre-cut to specific lengths. 7 Iron raw length is 37.5", butt trim to finished length. Unless you want to hard or soft tip it to alter the flex.

And I'm not sure that shaft comes in parallel tip so pretty much butt trim.

Then like Moe said, you need to buy the 7 iron specific one and butt trim it to desired length. The 39.5" inch is probably the 4 iron, and will play considerable softer than the 7 iron one.

Actually I was wrong on that 7 Iron length. I think this one has a longer raw length. 7 Iron is 38.5". Maybe someone can verify that?

Then like Moe said, you need to buy the 7 iron specific one and butt trim it to desired length. The 39.5" inch is probably the 4 iron, and will play considerable softer than the 7 iron one.

Looked quick at the Nippon site and 2 iron is 41". Guessed 1/2" increments from there, but just a guess.

ETA: that was supposed to be a reply to Moe. Whoops

Back